+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Beast on A&E

The Beast on A&E

Series Premiere: January 15th @ 10/9c

The Beast, starring Patrick Swayze and Travis Fimmel, centers on an unorthodox but effective FBI veteran, Charles Barker (Swayze), who takes on a rookie partner, Ellis Dove (Fimmel). Barker trains Dove in a hard-edged, psychologically driven approach towards undercover work, where a moment's hesitation can lead to death.

~~~

Has anyone caught the previews for this show yet? It looks pretty interesting. I think I'm going to check it out.

Re: The Beast on A&E

I found the pilot episode gripping and the characters intriguing. I'm very much looking forward to additional episodes and hope that Patrick Swayze remains healthy enough to keep going. Well done and well worth watching IMO.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I tried watching it... honestly I tried. I wanted to like it... honestly I wanted to. But it really bored me and that doesn't happen often

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I've been watching but it is really hard to pay attention to everything that is going on. There are plots within plots and that's not easy late at night for me to keep up with.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Well, I tried. I just can't get into this show and that's disappointing. I had such high hopes. Like buglover said - there's too much going on.

Ditto...tried a marathon the other day, I can't put my finger on why I can't stay involved. As mentioned, perhaps too many plot twists. Swayze is impressive, however, and I'm hoping the show stays around. He's inspirational just watching him do so well with all he's dealing with.

I read today, that he has stopped all treatment

I LOVE patrick swayze I am so sad about this

That's very sad news. I truly hope he can find peace and have very little pain. to all of his fans and his family.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'd read about Patrick stopping the chemo, and it breaks my heart. I was really pulling for him. While there are few who battle this disease and win, I know that Steve Jobs is 5 years post diagnosis and still hanging in there, and I was hoping for such a miracle for Patrick (although some believe that Jobs may be battling it yet again now). May he and his family find peace during this awful time in their lives.

Who is John Galt?

What! Patrick Swayze stopped chemo. I guess his cancer is too far advanced and he was just sick all the time. He is one of my favorite actors. I've watched Dirty Dancing upteen times. Young - he was a beautiful man with an awesome talent, older - he is more rugged, but he's still got it. However, the show leaves me cold - I just couldn't get into it, I tried, but it was boring and somewhat confusing. It didn't spend enough time setting up the premise and introducing the characters and their backgrounds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast