+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 121 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season five

Re: LOST - Season five

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3287776;
    Sorry to double-post, but I was at another site and will pass along these questions/observations as food for thought:
    Many people think the baby girl with Dr. Candle (?) in the beginning didn't look caucasion and speculate it may be Charlotte because she understood Korean fluently in the episode "Ji Yeon". Also she couldn't remember her mother's maiden name in this episode.That she also has a Brittish accent leads others to believe she is tied to Widmore who also has one. Others note how much the mother of the baby looks like an older Sun, so was the baby Sun, who was later adopted?
    Brittish soldiers on the island in the end? Was Widmore on the island?
    Island time/space hopping explains how the Heroin plane got so far off track - it didn't. The island was there when it crashed and then moved.
    Recommendation to read Michael Crichton's Timeline.
    I don't know but that baby looked VERY caucasian (or white) to me. I think the red headed girl is possibly the baby. And no, I don't think that Juliette and Sawyer will get together. At least I hope not. I really don't like Jack and Kate together AT ALL. I want Kate with Sawyer and Juliette with Jack.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3287976;
    I don't know but that baby looked VERY caucasian (or white) to me. I think the red headed girl is possibly the baby. And no, I don't think that Juliette and Sawyer will get together. At least I hope not. I really don't like Jack and Kate together AT ALL. I want Kate with Sawyer and Juliette with Jack.
    Oh, well I can respect that - at times I also thought Kate might be better with Sawyer; but having seen how good Kate cleans up I think Jack is a better match for her and hope that in the end they are together.

I do not see Juliet and Sawyer at all, but there is still another season besides this one so maybe they will find someone special, saucy and just right for him. His playfulness should be matched with someone who will equal that IMO.

Gutmutter Interesting questions, I am not sure what to make of them - all could be possible scenarios. Not sure that I would connect her with Widmore, but

Quote Originally Posted by gutmutter
    I thought when Ben pushed the frozen donkey wheel he did it with the understanding he would never be able to return. Perhaps I'm misremembering.
    You are remembering correctly, that is what he said to Locke; but this is Lost.... who knows, perhaps they return to the island at an earlier time frame? Or, maybe he won't be able to go back....
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re Dr. Candle's baby---I've seen a lot of newborn East Asian babies and they all have had black hair. Skin tone (and eye color) can change over time but not hair color in the sense of going from black to red. For that matter, assuming the red headed woman is a natural red head you'd expect it to show up on the baby as well if that baby will grow up to be her.

Reading my quote, I realize I stated that wrong - I meant to say the baby didn't look Asian - which is why they were speculating it was Charlotte (redhead) who speaks fluent Korean. Sorry for the mix-up.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3288040;
    Re Dr. Candle's baby---I've seen a lot of newborn East Asian babies and they all have had black hair. Skin tone (and eye color) can change over time but not hair color in the sense of going from black to red. For that matter, assuming the red headed woman is a natural red head you'd expect it to show up on the baby as well if that baby will grow up to be her.
    Not necessarily. My Dad's hair was always really white as a baby and a kid and it didn't turn red until he was an adult. Also, my nephew had dark brown hair when he was a baby but it's really red now.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

FYI: They are replaying Wednesday episode tonight in case anyone missed it.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I have no clue how Lostpedia came up with this, but they have a theory the baby is Pierre Chang's son (note: Mavin Candle aka Pierre Chang). Have no idea how it was determined that the sex of child is male.... Suggestion is that the baby is Miles who has a Chinese origin...

Also, one theory over at Fuselage is that the O6 are needed to be the constant to stop the time jumping, the island losties need the O6 for grounding....

Neither are far-fetched to me, I am open to other theories as well.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

He/she is adorable either way!
    Christopher Reeve

Hibernating

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3288136;
    I have no clue how Lostpedia came up with this, but they have a theory the baby is Pierre Chang's son (note: Mavin Candle aka Pierre Chang). Have no idea how it was determined that the sex of child is male.....

There is a video that was shown at Comic Con '08 this past summer by Damon Lindleoff and Carlton Cuse (Lost Producers). In the video, Pierre Chang/Dr. Marvin Candle is filmed yelling to his wife to please take the crying baby out of the room. He refers to the baby as "him." You can google Comic Con '08 or Dr. Candle Video and you can find it pretty easily if you would like to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3288139;

He/she is adorable either way!
    Well, based on the swift view we had on wednesday night I was convinced the kid was caucasian but looking at this picture up close the baby could be either one. In fact it would not surprise me if that baby was not a mix. I have a Korean friend who married a white guy and her kid looks more native american or hispanic than asian. Her teachers at school are always surprised when they see her mom is asian because they usually assume she's Mexican since we have a pretty high Mexican population here.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

+ Reply to Thread