+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 121 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season five

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: LOST - Season five

I agree the baby didn't look like their biological child either. I'm sure we will come back to that.

I think I'm even more confused about "constants" than before. I think I'll do some searching. Thank you both for your answers though!

EDIT: Ok, here's what I found. This is from that particular episode called "The Constant." I thought I would post it to refresh everyone. I remember it clearly now....of course! I feel like I need to watch last season over again....or maybe EVERY season!

Back from the "future", Desmond wakes up in Daniel's Oxford room. Desmond replies to Daniel that he was in the "future" for about 5 minutes. Daniel seems somewhat astonished that Desmond was "gone" for nearly 75 minutes and tells him that the more time he goes back and forth, the more it gets harder and harder as in his case the progression is exponential. Desmond then notices that the rat is dead, from a brain aneurysm. Desmond confronts Daniel about it, but Dan says that he doesn't know if Desmond is going to also die. Eloise's brain short-circuited, she couldn't tell the difference between the past, the present and the future as she didn't have anything to attach herself to: she did not have a constant. Daniel tells him about the need for Desmond to have a constant, something that is present in both times and that he sincerely cares about and can recognize. Desmond grabs the phone and calls his constant, Penny, but the number has been disconnected.

Later in the episode:

On the beach, Daniel begins flipping through his journal until he comes to a page that reads: "If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant.
    Last edited by JustJuls; 01-23-2009 at 12:52 AM.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar

In answer (possibly) to why only Charlotte is getting nosebleeds -

Last season during Desmond's time-traveling episode ("The Constant"), he was the only one on the helicopter to get the nosebleed. Farraday mentioned something about an intense dose of electromagnetism being related to it, which is why Desmond was the only one in the helicopter who got nosebleeds - he had been under the hatch when it exploded. Sayid had been further away and the pilot hadn't been on the island.

Perhaps Charlotte has been exposed to a intense dose of electromagnetism also (I'm trying to make it fit during the episode when she and Juliet fought ("The Other Woman") but I think they were dealing with gas, not electromagnetism in that station.) So I'm not sure where she would have had the experience, but that's what might make her different from everyone else as they move around in time.

Also, I'm wondering if Farraday ends up in Candle/Chang's drilling area as a result of them skipping through time, rather than having been there in actual time (wow, did that make any sense?)

I'm so excited that Lost is back!!!!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I think Charlotte is Dr. Candle's daughter-therefore that would explain the nosebleeds since I'm sure they were near the electromagnetism.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Can somebody please refresh my memory? Did we ever find out what it was Kate was doing for Sawyer? (Ans why did they have to give him a shirt!)

Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl;3287118;
    Also, I'm wondering if Farraday ends up in Candle/Chang's drilling area as a result of them skipping through time, rather than having been there in actual time
    I was going to post the same thing and then I couldn't remember his name. If they are down in one of the underground hatches and it time jumps to a time before they were built, will they be buried alive?
    Count your blessings!

Yippy...Season 5 has began. Has anyone considered Charlotte's nose bleeds are because she needs to find her "constant"? Desmond got his nose bleed on the helicopter on the way to the freighter. Oncde on the freighter, Sayid rigged the phone so Des could call Penny...his "constant". Once he talked to her, he was fine. So maybe Charlotte needs to find her "constant" to stop the nose bleeds.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3286606;

I'm not totally convinced Sun doesn't blame Kate for Jin's death. Something about the way she was acting was definitely off. !
    Yeah, I got that vibe, too.

Always happy to see Hurley (and loved his line to Sayid about how if he (Sayid) ate more comfort food perhaps he wouldn't have to kill people).

Still don't know what to think about Ben. I think that's what makes his character great.

Glad that Sawyer got a shirt - I kept thinking of his Davidoff ads as his bare torso was glistening on my screen. Sorry, I'm still impervious to his charms.
    I think he & Juliet will get together and, of course, when that happens Kate will return to the island.

When Richard came with his torch to treat Locke's gunshot wound my first response was "Here comes Jeff Probst through the jungle!"

With others I'm wondering if Desmond has to return to the island along with the Oceanic Six. Must everyone who has ever been on the island return to it (anyone who died on the island would already be there, of course)? If so, the helicopter pilot would have to go back, too.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I am also wondering who really has to get back to the island. It would seem to me that "if" the island called you, you would need to get back there. But, I remember something from season 2 when Goodwin talked about not all of the survivors were worthy (?). AnaLucia was bugged by the comment. So, maybe it is just key players. If Desmond has to return, then I certainly hope Penny is right there with him.

Not sure about Ben, but for time being I give him the benefit of the doubt. (He is such a good actor!!!!)

Right now it is hard to believe that Ben will succeed in getting them all to go back. I would think that this season will be the struggle to get them all back. What I don't understand is why Ben can't just go back the same way he left? Is it because the island is flipping back and forth in time and the opening (back entrance) is sealed up depending on what "time" the island is??? If he gets back on the island- can he reverse his steps and push the dial back to where it was and stop the time jumping? So many questions????

The jumping back and forth made me dizzy. Even though it was labeled where in time they were, I still found it confusing. Not sure that I remember the correct chronological order of what took place anymore.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I thought when Ben pushed the frozen donkey wheel he did it with the understanding he would never be able to return. Perhaps I'm misremembering.
    Count your blessings!

Sorry to double-post, but I was at another site and will pass along these questions/observations as food for thought:
    Many people think the baby girl with Dr. Candle (?) in the beginning didn't look caucasion and speculate it may be Charlotte because she understood Korean fluently in the episode "Ji Yeon". Also she couldn't remember her mother's maiden name in this episode.That she also has a Brittish accent leads others to believe she is tied to Widmore who also has one. Others note how much the mother of the baby looks like an older Sun, so was the baby Sun, who was later adopted?
    Brittish soldiers on the island in the end? Was Widmore on the island?
    Island time/space hopping explains how the Heroin plane got so far off track - it didn't. The island was there when it crashed and then moved.
    Recommendation to read Michael Crichton's Timeline.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread