+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 121 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season five

Re: LOST - Season five

I thought it was clair at first then I thought she was supposed to be a clair look alike. I agree with those who think she was actually trying to steal Aaron.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarcusWelby;3401567;
    I am not a Kate fan, but last nights episode (as a new mother myself) had me bawling. Evangaline Lily was outstanding last night.
    I agree, Evangeline Lily was just amazing last night, just an outstanding performance. But more importantly, just the growth that she showed in the decisions that she made. Love how we come to find out she is going back to find Claire!

The time travel has always gotten me confused. I was sure Hurley and Niles were going to clear that up, but not really, lol! I've always thought and felt that, like Niles said, time is not just one straight line, but multiple lines. None of that "the same matter can't occupy the same space" sorta crap we had with Jean-Claude Van Damme's Timecop!

I think Ben sent the Clair look-alike to shake things up, not to successfully abduct Aaron. Ben needed Kate on the plane. If Aaron had been abducted she would have stayed behind to look for him. I'm not sure what he accomplished, but I am sure it wasn't an accident.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'm going to offer a little more evidence that they knew that Jack, etc., were a part of the island's past.

First of all, Eloise, Ben, and even Widmore, were adamant that Jack et al return to the island. But why? We know it wasn't to save Sawyer and Juliet... as Juliet said, 'we didn't need saving.' Perhaps it was so important because they had to be there because they WERE there. You can't disrupt the past... it is what it is, so it was essential that they go back.

Secondly, way back in season two, Ben made a trade with Michael; Walt for four of the survivors, Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Hurley. Why these four? We know that Jack was important to Ben because he needed the operation... that's ironic in and of itself since he didn't save Ben in the past. But Ben chose people from his past and he even made sure Juliet was there to be a part of it all.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 04-03-2009 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3402095;
    I'm going to offer a little more evidence that they knew that Jack, etc., were a part of the island's past.

First of all, Eloise, Ben, and even Widmore, were adamant that Jack et al return to the island. But why? We know it wasn't to save Sawyer and Juliet... as Juliet said, 'we didn't need saving.' Perhaps it was so important because they had to be there because they WERE there. You can't disrupt the past... it is what it is, so it was essential that they go back.

Secondly, way back in season two, Ben made a trade with Michael; Walt for four of the survivors, Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Hurley. Why these four? We know that Jack was important to Ben because he needed the operation... that's ironic in and of itself since he didn't save Ben in the past. But Ben chose people from his past and he even made sure Juliet was there to be a part of it all.
    I've been thinking the same thing. The ones who are back in the 70's are the same ones who were traded (except for Miles and Daniel). There has to be some significance to that. Although Ben didn't keep Hurley during the trade, he sent him back as a warning to the rest of the survivors. So I'm not sure what his part is for the 70's. He could have landed in the same time as Ben and Sun but for some reason he's with Jack and Kate.

I loved the conversation between Hurley and Miles about the time travel and laughed when Hurley was waiting to see if he'd start disappearing like in "Back to the Future"
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

that cat w/ the gun mentioned Ellie first as if she was the main person in charge, then he mentioned Widmore

then Richard was like he doesn't answer to either of them

man, i'd still like to know the whole Richard story, and wonder why Ellie is off the island and doesn't seem to mind it AND has been helping Ben

at least next week we'll find out what happened when Ben went "to keep a promise he made to an old friend"

and hopefully a continuation of Ben awakening to Locke on "the land of the living"; i don't understand why Ben is shocked, he even said himself after he tried to kill Locke the first time that he should have realized it was lost cause

---

also you know what i don't get is that it's one thing to be on the island or in the *radius* but how does the island have control on you if your back home? : i never understood how the island prevented Michael from killing himself when he was all the way in NY

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3402219;
    man, i'd still like to know the whole Richard story
    I'll bet that is one of the very last episodes, because it will answer too many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3402219;
    i don't understand why Ben is shocked, he even said himself after he tried to kill Locke the first time that he should have realized it was lost cause

---

also you know what i don't get is that it's one thing to be on the island or in the *radius* but how does the island have control on you if your back home? : i never understood how the island prevented Michael from killing himself when he was all the way in NY
    I think as long as the island still needs you, you will survive. Ben in his arrogance probably thought Locke was no longer needed by the island since Ben succeeded in murdering him, unlike Michael living despite the repeated attempts to die. Ben probably thought if he was successful in killing Locke, it meant Locke was no longer needed. He "used" Locke's dead body only to be Jack's substitute for Christian in the coffin. But, he must have suspected at least that Locke might still have work to do........ so initial surprise, and then maybe awareness that Locke is still head of Others. (if they still exist in present time that is.)
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarcusWelby;3401567;
    I am not a Kate fan, but last nights episode (as a new mother myself) had me bawling. Evangaline Lily was outstanding last night.

And a funny quote from a friend of mine (slight star wars spoilers I guess) after we finished watching the show last night
    Kate is JarJar Binks... she cast the deciding vote that gave the chancelor supreme power and ultimately led to the downfall of the republic!!! heeheehee
    Congrats on being a new mother. Your little tyke is so adorable in his DI shirt! I especially thought your "changing station" line was cute
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I didn't think Kate was a good mother last night! She just left Aaron in the hotel room by himself, so that she could go talk to Grandma and then told her he'd be waiting for her??? WTH? Who leaves a kid in a hotel room by himself, so someone else could go get him??? He'd be freaked out when he woke up that his mom wasn't there, but some other lady that he's seen once was, if he'd even remember her. But I did cry when she was saying goodbye. That was sad.

+ Reply to Thread