+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 121 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season five

Re: LOST - Season five

When the "lawyers" showed up at Kate's door asking for blood samples, I immediately thought Ben was behind it. He knows she would run and this is probably his way of orchestrating her return to the island.

I'm not totally convinced Sun doesn't blame Kate for Jin's death. Something about the way she was acting was definitely off. She may blame multiple people (Kate, Jack, Ben) and plans to get revenge on them all. Or maybe she is just detached now from any feeling and I'm reading too much into it.

If Sun has to be part of the group to go back, I wonder if she will be able to take her daughter. Even though Desmond is not an O6, is he required back on the island as well? And what if Penny goes with him this time? What about the pilot - does he have to go back too? If more than the O6 go back, will that keep the time jumping from being fixed? Hmm, lots to think about.

As always with Lost, the little details escape me but every now and then I notice stuff . I try not to get upset about what I miss and just enjoy the ride.

And all this time travel leads credence to people's theory that Locke may be Jacob. He may not have a body anymore since he had to "die."

And dangit, is Claire dead or not?!
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 01-22-2009 at 03:08 PM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3286438;
    I still have as many questions as ever. Penny was Desmond's constant and that's why he stopped getting nosebleeds and his brains didn't ooze out, right? I believe Desmond is Daniel's constant. So what causes the nosebleeds and the brain oozing? I thought it was the time travel. Why is the red headed chick the only one getting a nosebleed? If everyone on the island is "spinning through time," why are they all not getting nosebleeds?

Also, who is shooting flaming arrows at them? Why was it okay for Daniel to make contact with Desmond, but it's not okay for Sawyer? (Man, I missed Sawyer! ) How can Locke be spinning through time on the island and also off the island? Is Locke in two places at once? Who was the wicked-looking white-haired lady talking to Ben at the end? Could that be Daniel's Mom?

One thing I know...I DO NOT TRUST BENJAMIN LINUS! Sayid said, "whatever Benjamin Linus tells you to do, do the opposite". Sayid I trust, not Ben.
    Ok....remind me. What does "constant" mean? I have watched this show from the beginning but things slip my mind ALL the time. There is SO much to remember. And why do you think that Desmond is Daniels constant if the red head is the one with the nose bleeds like Desmond? Ahh confused!

About Locke....they showed at the bottom the screen that it was "Three Years Ago" that the time traveling was happening....right after they had left the island. Remember....they had just watched the freighter blow up.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3286578;
    1. Is Miles the son the Dr. Candle? Surely we were shown Candle and his wife with their young baby for a reason?
    Why was he referring to himself as "Dr. Candle" in the video shoot he was taping...but his workers called him "Dr. Chang"? Is Dr. Candle his stage name?

Also, he and his wife look like they're of Asian descent. But didn't his infant look caucasian? That baby did not look like he (or she) had biological Asian parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3286665;
    Why was he referring to himself as "Dr. Candle" in the video shoot he was taping...but his workers called him "Dr. Chang"? Is Dr. Candle his stage name?

Also, he and his wife look like they're of Asian descent. But didn't his infant look caucasian? That baby did not look like he (or she) had biological Asian parents.
    Dr. Chang is probably his real name. He had a different name in each of the orientation films for the different stations.

I agree that the infant didn't look particularly Asian, but I'm not certain that racial characteristics are always apparent in very young babies. I do agree that the baby could be someone else, maybe even Charlotte, but I think it's someone signficant. I'm still leaning towards Miles, but could easily be wrong.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

In the review they were very careful to say that Sun thinks Jin is dead. I also wonder if she will be allowed to take their baby back. If they have to go soon and the baby is way back in Korea (she said her mother was watching her, and I assumed... maybe I'm wrong) will she have time to go back and get her? I wish they would just let Desmond and Penny live happily ever after. After all those years of button pushing, he's paid his dues on the island. If they all go back to the island, will Kate still be wishy-washy about the two guys? Will Sawyer have taken up with the new gal? Is Kate totally over Jack? What the heck happened to Claire? Will we ever know?
    Count your blessings!

I also thought it was strange that Sun showed Kate a picture of her baby, but Aaron was like 3, so shouldn't Sun's daughter be about 2 at that time?????

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I thought Sun said something that indicated that it was one of the first pictures of her baby...or something like that.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben

sorry for the negativity in this post:

CLIPSHOW: I guess I can overlook the fact that they left out important details in some of the characters in the show. What irritated me the most was how self-aggrandizing Lindelof and Abrams were in how they explained the popularity of the show, saying that the fans are drawn to the show because we see ourselves in the characters (ignore my avatar), empathise with their struggles with the past and the search for redemption, even mentioning the love triangle of Jack/Kate?Sawyer, etc. Come on.

Not me. I watch to figure out the mysteries that have been piling up from episode 1. Atfer that, I watch because I like the cinematography. I like some of the twists they throw at us. I like some of the actors - Ben, Locke. I like some of the characters - Hurley, Sayid. I like the suspense, sometimes. I like the humor.

As for the opening night episodes, I thought it was as a whole very weak and scattered when compared to previous seasons.

The beginning was great - classic LOST. I was dissapointed after that.

I loved the irony of Hurley getting pulled over by Ana Lucia - including the mention of Libby. I got a chuckle out of that.

I'm glad the Ms. Hawking character is back in the show. The show with her and Desmond may be my favorite.

I hope it doesn't take all season for them to get back to the island, but they won't be going back until we see how Locke gets off the island.

Constant refers to someone who is your anchor point. Someone who if you forgot everything you would remember. The hope of someone to get back to. That is my understanding.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

LG.

Desmond is Daniel's constant because they knew each other before they each went to the island (because when Desmond was time traveling all around in The Constant he "met" him in England when Daniel was doing time travel experiments on mice). For some reason, Penny was Desmond's constant, but only when he was able to reach her on Christmas Eve in whatever year that was when he called her from the freighter.

Daniel having been part of Dharma was interesting. I thought it was interesting seeing Dr. Marvin Candle a/k/a Dr Chang a/k/a whatever other names he used in the videos getting up in the am, and I didn't think that young child looked like their biological child either, as the baby looked blonde I thought. Hmmm.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread