+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 121 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season five

Re: LOST - Season five

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3286252;
    And Daniel referring to his notebook and then knocking on the door to talk to D... just lost his name, after being shown at the site when the place was being built.
    Isn't Desmond Daniel's "constant"? I think that is why it was safe for Daniel to reach out to him, and perhaps it is somehow related to why Desmond has to contact Daniel's mother.

confusion anyone? lol

i fell asleep again but just watched.

i still would like to get the full Richard Alpert story; maybe he'll get his own centric episode soon

the time traveling thing i expected as far as the island "moving"

it's amazing that the writers just make up random shhh as they go along and then try to connect it as if they planned it all along.

example: they decided to make it that Faraday was there with the Dharma people and that he knew about that secret energy in the island core that could affect time (according to that Dharma film professor guy); then they tied in by later on when Miles (i think it was..?) mentioned something about him trying to get back for 20 years.

i'm glad the writers did quickly kill off them fake Losties (ie that annoying guy from the raft that was going insane)....i didn't get the barage of flaming arrows though, i assume it is the others from the past.( no more Niki/Paulo situations..thanks)

it was interesting seeing Ana Lucia...i honestly forgot all about her existence on the show...The mention of Libby was interesting.

Sawyer with the nicknames still is hilarious. I think he and juliet will have a thing.

i found ALL the Jack/Hurley/sayid parts very boring

Kate parts were boring (but at least kinda interesting)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3286252;
    I wonder if his mom in Oxford will turn out to be the blonde witchie woman at the butcher shop.
    This is the blonde lady.

Ms. Hawking - Lostpedia
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

It took me 2 hours to fall asleep last night with all the LOST details bouncing around in my semi-old brain.

Still the best writing on TV. Can't wait for next week's episode.
    If I get too cranky, would someone wipe the drool off my chin and send me to the home!

I still have as many questions as ever. Penny was Desmond's constant and that's why he stopped getting nosebleeds and his brains didn't ooze out, right? I believe Desmond is Daniel's constant. So what causes the nosebleeds and the brain oozing? I thought it was the time travel. Why is the red headed chick the only one getting a nosebleed? If everyone on the island is "spinning through time," why are they all not getting nosebleeds?

Also, who is shooting flaming arrows at them? Why was it okay for Daniel to make contact with Desmond, but it's not okay for Sawyer? (Man, I missed Sawyer! ) How can Locke be spinning through time on the island and also off the island? Is Locke in two places at once? Who was the wicked-looking white-haired lady talking to Ben at the end? Could that be Daniel's Mom?

One thing I know...I DO NOT TRUST BENJAMIN LINUS! Sayid said, "whatever Benjamin Linus tells you to do, do the opposite". Sayid I trust, not Ben.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

OK, so much going on!!! I was trying to figure out if the women in the butcher shop was anyone that we had seen before, but I don't think so. I think Ms. Hawking is Mama Farraday. Desmond is Daniel's constant, he had that written in his little book.
    I think I remember when Locke & Shanon's bro went to look at that drug plane, that Locke's legs went numb again. Does anyone else remember that? I wonder if it had to do with Locke getting shot by Ethan????
    I am going to get waaaaayyyy confused with all the time travel. That is the reason that I am hating Heroes right now. I hope Lost doesn't get all confusing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3286453;
    I was trying to figure out if the women in the butcher shop was anyone that we had seen before, but I don't think so.
    Ms. Hawking - Lostpedia

Ms. Hawking works at the store where Desmond goes to buy an engagement ring for Penny during his first time shift after he turned the failsafe key.

When she shows him a ring and he tells her he'll take it, she seems upset and responds by telling Desmond he will not. After Desmond refuses to give the ring back she explains to Desmond that she knows his name, that he will break Penny's heart, he will not marry her, instead entering the sailing race to prove Penny's father wrong, and that he went to the Island and pressed the button for three years until he was forced to turn the failsafe key. She says that if he "doesn't do those things", that "every single one of us is dead".

Ms. Hawking and Desmond buying chestnuts. ("Flashes Before Your Eyes") (promotional still)Once Desmond refuses to give the ring back she decides to take a walk with him. While on their walk she draws Desmond's attention to a man wearing a suit and red shoes, saying it is a "bold fashion choice". As she and Desmond sit on a bench she tries to explain to Desmond that he must not ask Penny to marry him. She says that it is his "path" to go to the Island. At this point in the episode, it can be noticed that Ms. Hawking is wearing a pin, an ouroboros; a circular serpent with its tail in its mouth, representing life as a cycle. But this particular one isn't eating its tail. Then all of a sudden a large crash is heard behind them as the scaffolding from a construction job falls to the ground. As she and Desmond turn around, a pair of legs with red shoes is shown sticking out from under the pile of rubble. As Desmond realizes this is the man she pointed out earlier, she admits to knowing that he would die. When confronted by Desmond as to why she did not warn the man she informs Desmond that he would have been hit by a taxi the next day, and if she had warned him about that he would have broken his neck in the shower. As Desmond stares blankly at her she explains that the universe has a way of "course correcting" (a phrase Desmond later recites to Charlie), and that death cannot be avoided. Her last words to Desmond are that pressing the button is the only great thing he will ever do in his life. ("Flashes Before Your Eyes")

Richard Hatch Season 1

These are 2 different women.
    There's Ms. Hawking who I remember from the Desmond episode, but she is also the women in last night's episode at the end where she was writing on a chalkbaord and then went up to a church. She tells Ben that it is a problem if Hurley doens't go back. She has white hair. I think she is Daniel's mother.
    Then there was the lady from last night in the butcher shop that was talking to Ben about Locke's body in the car. I don't think we've ever seen her before or heard her name. She has blond hair.

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3286508;
    Then there was the lady from last night in the butcher shop that was talking to Ben about Locke's body in the car. I don't think we've ever seen her before or heard her name. She has blond hair.
    True

Richard Hatch Season 1

I anticipated a fantastic season opener and was not disappointed. I also believe Ms. Hawking is Daniel's mother with both as involved in time travel as they are. Two areas of interest I haven't yet seen mentioned here intrigue me.

1. Is Miles the son the Dr. Candle? Surely we were shown Candle and his wife with their young baby for a reason?

2. When Widmore had Sun locked in at the airport, did he order her to find Kate and Aaron? There was something off about Sun's attitude with Kate. We know Aaron is very important and perhaps Widmore's key to finding the island at its present location in time/space. Kudo's to Yunjin Kim for her skill at portraying both sympathy and foreboding at the same time and with very little use of speech. Her eyes speak volumes.

One of my favorite lines in the show was when Richard gave Locke the compass (which I think was one of the items Richard showed to the child Locke) and Locke asked, "What does it do?" Richard answered, "It points North." That's just the kind of brilliant throwaway line that I love.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread