+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 121 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season five

Re: LOST - Season five

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3308215;
    Ooo, good question. that guy sure looks like the guy we rescued when I was pregnant and we were landing on the island.
    Wait a minute, isn't Ben Alex's dad? But Rousseau was already pregnant?

I truly believe Danielle was not pregnant yet. In 2004, when LOST started, Rousseau's daughter, Alex was only 16 which would've meant she was born in 1988. Now, I would say that Alex's conception is supposed to take place within months of her and her team rescuing Jin from the drink. But now that begs another question. From the very beginning, it was established that all the women who get pregnant on the island die before their 3rd trimester. If that's true and Rousseau conceived Alex on the island (That's the only way Ben could be the dad since he's been on the island since he was....what....8?) then how come Danielle didn't die? What made her different?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3308814;
    I'm guessing Daniel in the Orchid station is a time-travelling Daniel since they are headed to the Orchid now.
    That was my thought when disucssing that epidose with my friends. I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel WAS there back then but my gut thinks it was Time Travelin' Dan.

In response to your Rousseau/Jin post... Jin also (presumably) has no clue that time traveling is happening. He's been unconscious and without anyone to say "Hey! We're time traveling here!" I doubt that is anyone's first thought. My first thought (and likely the subsequent bunch of thoughts following the first thought) would be a big, fat, "WTF?!" Or, in Jin's case, the Korean translation of WTF! because I'm sure there is something that translates to that!

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3308974;
    I truly believe Danielle was not pregnant yet. In 2004, when LOST started, Rousseau's daughter, Alex was only 16 which would've meant she was born in 1988. Now, I would say that Alex's conception is supposed to take place within months of her and her team rescuing Jin from the drink. But now that begs another question. From the very beginning, it was established that all the women who get pregnant on the island die before their 3rd trimester. If that's true and Rousseau conceived Alex on the island (That's the only way Ben could be the dad since he's been on the island since he was....what....8?) then how come Danielle didn't die? What made her different?
    I thought Rousseau was pregnant when she came to the island. After all her French buddies died, or she killed them off, all that was left were her and her baby. And then, somehow, Ben or the others took the baby and Ben raised the baby as his own. I didn't think Alex had any of Ben's DNA. But Alex didn't know about her mother and thought all along that Ben was, in fact, her father. It wasn't until right before she was killed that she found out that Rousseau was her mom. Or....I could be wrong!

Rousseau was clearly pregnant when they lifted Jin out of the water. Whether or not they just arrived on the island when they rescued Jin I don't know, but I do know Ben lied about being Alex's real father. He came to love her like his own daughter after he kidnapped her and I believe he was devastated when she was shot. He was so sure of his agreement with Widmore that it wouldn't be personal with their families and that was why he said "go ahead and shoot her" to the soldier. He didn't think it would really happen. I know nobody asked about that, I'm just saying it aloud because Ben is such a complicated person. He has the ability to kill and love all at the same time.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

You're right MammaC and ACF... Ben kidnapped Rousseau's baby. He was not her biological father. And they had just landed on the island. All the washed up stuff the time travellors were finding was French.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3308814;
    I'm guessing Daniel in the Orchid station is a time-travelling Daniel since they are headed to the Orchid now. We may find out all about it this week.

Sawyer could have talked to Kate/Claire just as they've interacted with anyone else during time flashes. I think he was just overcome with what he lost and then it was too late. Besides - how do you stroll up to someone in the middle of childbirth and start babbling about time travel?

The canoe boat went with them just like the raft boat on the way to the freighter moved with Daniel & Co. in the first flash.

Sorry to double post. I love Lost.
    I agree, whatever items they are holding, connected to, would go with them as long as they continue to touch them.

I viewed the enhanced version again, and realized that because Daniel had established a constant (Desmond) that he will not suffer from "travel dislocation" as was mentioned enhanced. I think I understood that right......

I agree that Rousseau was pregnant by her French team member whom she later tragically killed along with the rest of her team - she thought they were all "infected".
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 02-07-2009 at 01:36 PM.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

That's right. I forgot that it came out that she wasn't really Ben's.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3305729;
    Dude, I never thought of that! That would totally make so much sense.

I cannot honestly tell you whether or not there was whispering on that day, which was Day 41 according to Kristen over at E!. That was also the day that Boone died .

The look that Sawyer had when he saw Kate was, sigh, true love. I guess I could live with Kate and Sawyer being together but I really really want Jack and Kate to be together!
    After seeing Sawyer look at Kate last night, I figure that either Jack or Sawyer is going to have to die in the series finale as she can't have both. I have a feeling Jack will be the one to die and Kate will be with Sawyer.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3307192;
    People who have nosebleeds have been exposed to some kind of high voltage electricity/energy (?) according to the episode when Desmond had them way back on the freighter. Daniel speculated this week that people who have lived on the island are exposed to it which is why we are assuming now that the redhead and Miles have lived there at some point (Miles=Dr. Candle's baby?). Just to correct a detail in my earlier post - they find the container with Besixdouze in the French ship's stuff washed up, not their own foodstuff.
    Last season, one of the characters says to Charlotte "how come you want to leave the island so badly when you were so keen to get back here", leading to a lot of speculation that Charlotte had been on the island before which is why I thought she was haing the nosebleeds.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread