+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 121 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season five

Re: LOST - Season five

I love Sawyer's nicknames so thought ya'll might enjoy this article.

Lost: TVGuide.com's Favorite Sawyer Nicknames - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    Lost is back, and with it an exciting new season of Sawyer nicknames. The former con man kicked things off right, dropping a few gems in the first two hours of the season: "Dr. Wizard" for Faraday, "Ginger" for Charlotte, "Frogurt" for Neil and even "The Ghost of Christmas Future" for himself. As we eagerly await Ol' Scruffy's next instant classic, here's a look our favorites to date.

11. "Freckles"
    For: Kate
    Explanation: This one gets a nod simply because of the sheer volume of its usage. Plus, this pet name is endearing, which we can't say for most of the others.
    Honorable Mentions: "Sassafrass," "Shortcake"

10. "Genghis"
    For: Miles Straume
    Explanation: Sawyer doesn't shy away from the easy references, and ethnicity is usually his first line of attack. Case in point: this reference to Mongolian ruler Genghis Khan. Sawyer's also referred to Miles as "Bruce Lee from the Freighter" and "Donger," a play off of Sixteen Candles' Long Duk Dong.

9. "Kenny Rogers"
    For: Frank Lapidus, the Freighter Folk's chopper pilot
    Explanation: A simple look-alike gag, but it had us rolling.
    Honorable Mention: Shaggy

8. "Jackass"
    For: Jack
    Explanation: Get it? His name is Jack, and Sawyer's calling him an ass. The clever devil.
    Honorable Mentions: "Cool Hand", "Dr. Do-Right," "Dr. Giggles," "Amarillo Slim"

7. "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"
    For: Jin and Sun Kwon
    Explanation: While again ethnically based, this nickname is also indicative of Sawyer's extensive knowledge of high and low culture. He frequently references Star Wars and classic literature. In this case, we think he was just hoping for subtitles to Jin and Sun's conversation.
    Honorable Mentions: "Papa-San" (Jin); "Tokyo Rose" (Sun)

6. "Rambina"
    For: Ana Lucia
    Explanation: Tough as nails, she was one of the few women on the island to match Sawyer's surliness. Her fearless, cavalier approach earned her the name.
    Honorable Mentions: "Hot Lips," "Ana LuLu," "Cupcake"

5. "Skeletor"
    For: Roger Linus's skeleton
    Explanation: Okay, totally obvious. But Sawyer was drunk. On who-knows-how-old Dharma Initiative beer. Still, funny.

4. "Mr. Clean"
    For: Locke
    Explanation: We're big fans of this one, and wouldn't you know it, executive producer Damon Lindelof says it's his overall favorite. "It felt particularly witty, considering Sawyer had used up most of his 'bald' jokes at that point," Lindelof said. "He proved ever-resourceful."
    Honorable Mentions: "Cue Ball," "Brutus," "Colonel Kurtz"

3. "Captain Bunny Killer"
    For: Ben
    Explanation: One of Sawyer's most literal nicknames: Only days earlier, Ben had "killed" a rabbit to scare Sawyer into submission.
    Honorable Mentions: "Yoda," "Gizmo," "Bug-eyed Bastard"

2. "Stay Puft"
    For: Hurley
    Explanation: Hugo has been on the receiving end of Sawyer's quick wit more than any other survivor, and once revoked Sawyer's nicknaming privileges by beating him at ping pong. Unfortunately for Hurley, Sawyer falls back on physical appearances even more often than ethnicity.
    Honorable Mentions: "Three Men and a Baby" (with Charlie and Aaron, counting Hurley twice), "Deep Dish," "Jabba," "Snuffy," "Jumbotron," "International House of Pancakes"

1. "Captain Falafel"
    For: Sayid
    Explanation: Just as Hurley is the main recipient of fat jokes, Sayid gets the most racist comments. The once-and-future assassin did torture Sawyer only a few days after they met, but still, not cool. Of course, Sayid seems to take a sticks-and-stones attitude to the whole thing.
    Honorable Mentions: "Red Beret," "Al Jazeera," "Captain A-rab"

Bonus: "Plato"
    For: ???
    Explanation: Executive producer Carlton Cuse let us in on this Season 5 nickname. "He calls somebody 'Plato' this year, and that one I like a lot. Sawyer's exasperation with his circumstances is a fun part of the story." Let the theorizing begin below!

Double Bonus: "New Otherton" and "Caught in a Net"
    Explanation: Who says Sawyer's knack for names only applies to people? He also came up with these monikers for the Others' barracks and sex, respectively. Well played, Hoss.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

With 4+ seasons, one of which I didn't watch at all (season 3) you'd think I'd have more questions, but I have 2 I'd appreciate someone explaining to me. When/how did Locke communicate with the 6 after they left the island? Do we know that Widmore is timeless/eternal like Richard? I've heard references to that without knowing the source. Thanks if anyone can tell me.
    Count your blessings!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I don't think we know how Locke has communicated with the 6 after they left. It seems like we're going to find that out soon. It hasn't been explained yet how he got off the island, except that he's suppose to die in order to do it. Its confusing. But I can't wait until tonights show! Yippeeeee!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben

young widmore?

OMFG -
    THAT is why I love LOST

I know! And did I just see the preview I think I saw? The 6 back on the island next week? Or at least some of them. How precious is young Charlie???!!! And how big are Desmond's cojones marching right into Widmore's office?
    Count your blessings!

Call me a sap but I got a little tear when Desmond referred to the baby by name. Good for Des for choosing such a name!

Question:

How did the US army in the 1950's find an island that people in 2009 with 2x the tech can't find?

Did Darma is the 1960's develop the ability to hide or move the island?

Or did the ancient civilization that lived on the island ( remember the huge 4 toed foot satue from season 2 ) have the ability and Darma finds and uses it?
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3293342;
    I know! And did I just see the preview I think I saw? The 6 back on the island next week? Or at least some of them. How precious is young Charlie???!!! And how big are Desmond's cojones marching right into Widmore's office?
    I know! Good for him! I've always wondered why Whidmore cared so much about this island. Its all coming together now.

And yes...it does look like some of them will be back next week. Didn't Sawyer say he saw Kate?
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

The hydrogen bomb appears to have disappeared. Maybe it powered some of the island's energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3293789;
    The hydrogen bomb appears to have disappeared. Maybe it powered some of the island's energy.

Daniel said burry it in concrete.....

Remember season 2 , Sayid & Jack ( I think) were in the hatch and there was a section burried by a concrete wall that was super thick and they couldn't find a reason why--bet there's an A-bomb burried under there.

IMHO - the blonde guard who was taking Daniel to the bomb--her name was Elle, short for Eloise--was his own mother pointing a gun at him ( remember he said she looked familiar )
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread