+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1666106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1204

Thread: LOST - Season five

Re: LOST - Season five

Sayid was in Sydney searching for Nadia. He had gotten some information that led him there. I believe that's what it was anyway.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Ahhh, all that rings a bell now! Well, except the sleeping with her brother part, but I may have just blocked that out based on the icki-ness factor alone! Thanks for refreshing my memory, all! It's good to have people to rely on! You rock!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Step brother, not brother....I say that in defense of Boone as I never liked Shannon...

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3552366;
    Step brother, not brother....I say that in defense of Boone as I never liked Shannon...
    Yes, "Steps" they did not have a common parent, but were related through marriage only (which I guess is what the word step means). I am redundant, but I wanted to make it clear that Boone was not related to Shannon biologically, although they did spend a few years together in the same household.
    Am I digging myself a grave here? I did a Ewww first, and then got over it when it happened.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Any time I think about step-sibs sleeping together, I'm reminded of Sarah-Michelle Gellar and Ryan Phillipe in Cruel Intentions. Creepy!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Well, by the middle of season 1, I liked both Shannon and Boone and saw nothing creepy about their relationship. Even second cousins can marry under our laws, and Boone and Shannon were completely and totally not related. The law again 1st cousins or closer relatives is basically to prevent family genetic weaknesses being inherited from both parents. I never saw anything icky about it at all, but the writers wanted pepole to feel that way. I was a lot more bothered by their need to use each other, espcially Shannon.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I understand the logistics of step-siblings. But when I think of my step-siblings (despite the fact that they're girls!), no matter how attractive, just the idea of it seems a bit icky to me. I know it's legal and there is not blood relation at all but still. I do remember consciously putitng it out of my head back during that season and it was fine. I have to do the same thing when I watch the movie Clueless. Such a fluff movie and so cute but the end when Cher and former step-brother Josh hook up is just weird to me. This, coming from someone who absolutely LOOOOOOVES Paul Rudd!

Quote Originally Posted by talula;3553436;
    I understand the logistics of step-siblings. But when I think of my step-siblings (despite the fact that they're girls!), no matter how attractive, just the idea of it seems a bit icky to me. I know it's legal and there is not blood relation at all but still. I do remember consciously putitng it out of my head back during that season and it was fine. I have to do the same thing when I watch the movie Clueless. Such a fluff movie and so cute but the end when Cher and former step-brother Josh hook up is just weird to me. This, coming from someone who absolutely LOOOOOOVES Paul Rudd!
    Ahhh, well there you go, you subconsciously want him all to yourself.

Actually, I was upset first too, then was OK
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3553198;
    Well, by the middle of season 1, I liked both Shannon and Boone and saw nothing creepy about their relationship. Even second cousins can marry under our laws, and Boone and Shannon were completely and totally not related. The law again 1st cousins or closer relatives is basically to prevent family genetic weaknesses being inherited from both parents. I never saw anything icky about it at all, but the writers wanted pepole to feel that way. I was a lot more bothered by their need to use each other, espcially Shannon.
    Exactly why I never liked Shannon. I actually don't recall Boone doing any using of Shannon, just being repeatedly sucked in by her. They tried to redeem her after he died, so she'd be "good enough" for Sayid, but I don't forgive easily!

Ironically, that very episode is on abc right now! How weird is that? Coincidence? Maaaayybe. But we all know the island works in mysterious ways and there is a meaning and reason for everything. Maybe the Dharma Initiative is secretly controlling abc, too. Would you put it past them? I certainly would not. OMG! I hope they don't have those sneaky, peeky spying cameras in my house, too, and that's how they knew to force abc to show that episode! Oooh, I'm a little creeped out right now!

ETA: You know, MikesGirl, you could be on to something with that Paul Rudd theory. Do you think the DI could work their magic and send him to me? That'd be very swell!

+ Reply to Thread