+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LOST - Season five

Re: LOST - Season five

^ I transcribed the opening scene a while back...this is the correct wording i believe. CC didn't work so this is what my ears heard

:::::::Jacob is sitting on the beach pretending to eat a mutated goldfish, a mysterious man in black approaches::::::::

Bob: mornin'

Jacob: mornin'

Bob: mind if i join you?

Jacob: please... want some fish?

Bob: thank you... i just ate

Jacob: i take it your here.. 'cus of the ship?

Bob: i am... how'd they find the island?

Jacob: you'll have to ask them when they get here

Bob: {rolls eyes, looks down}... i don't have to ask... {looks toward Jacob} ..YOU brought them here

Bob: still trying to prove me wrong.. aren't you?

Jacob: YOU ARE wrong

Bob: Am I? ... they come, fight, they destroy, they corrupt... it always ends the same

Jacob: but it only ends once... anything that happens before that is just progress

Bob: {brings up head slowly with contempt and turns to Jacob} you have any idea how badly i wanna to kill you?

Jacob: YES!

Bob: One of these days sooner or later... we're gonna find a loophole my friend

Jacob: well when you do, i'll be right here

Bob: always nice talking to you Jacob

Jacob: nice talking to you too

Dogg, thank you!! I must say, that scene completely puzzled me at the time. So it is very helpful seeing it laid out after we had a chance to discuss its significance.

Of course, the transcript raises more questions, LOL.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Excellent! Thanks for the transcript. Just add one addition for anyone who missed the scene...looking at the transcript one might think "Bob" was kidding about the killing...e.g., the way a brother might talk to a really annoying brother....but when he said it you definitely (or I anyway) got the impression he literally meant KILL, and that only some mysterious rule held him back from that...e.g., that he couldn't do it himself (but had to use a "tool" like Ben).

But who is the "we" that Bob refers to? How many entities are barred from killing Jacob unless a loophole is found?

First of all Dogg - thank you! (my paraphrase was quite a bit off it seems ).

Now, I always have wondered about that thing between Widmore and Ben about "the rules" it looks like a parallel; not being able to actually kill one of your own.

I wonder also if destiny was/is changed because of the bomb going off - how that effects Jacob being killed. "They're coming" had significance to Jacob and "Bob" (love that name Dogg!)

We're = we are........ could Bob have been including Jacob in the we as well? You know the way people sometimes refer in plural when they actually mean singular????
    ( A mother says "we're going to take a bath now" to her baby, but it is just the infant getting the bath?)
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3490516;
    We're = we are........ could Bob have been including Jacob in the we as well? You know the way people sometimes refer in plural when they actually mean singular
    That's a possibility. I was wondering more along the lines of the smoke monster. I think we speculated Bob might be the smoke monster. But it could be a different entity and part of Bob's "we" reference. (Assuming the smoke monster is on Bob's side and not Jacob's.)

If "we" isn't Bob and Jacob, then what are the options? What/who do we know about? And is it related to why/who built the temple? Are there other godslike immortals on the island? Is that part of what we learn in the last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3490743;
    That's a possibility. I was wondering more along the lines of the smoke monster. I think we speculated Bob might be the smoke monster. But it could be a different entity and part of Bob's "we" reference. (Assuming the smoke monster is on Bob's side and not Jacob's.)

If "we" isn't Bob and Jacob, then what are the options? What/who do we know about? And is it related to why/who built the temple? Are there other godslike immortals on the island? Is that part of what we learn in the last season?
    Valid questions Brooks and I am excited to find out!!!

Your right, I assumed "Bob" was the smoke monster, but if he isn't they could be on the same side.

Part of me wants it to be 2010 now, and the other part knows it is the final season, and is satisfied with waiting it out.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3488597;
    I disagree illusions, and here is why: the Lost producers have character maturity and development as the underlying theme (they said that, not my speculation although I did paraphrase it). Jacob has that conversation with his nemesis in beginning of finale where he says something about it only takes once and then all the rest is practice (loosely paraphrased). I think there will be something major that happens because of this group of Losties on the island, and that the scenario will be a different ending then what Jacob and Mr "guy in black" have repeated for centuries (maybe) . Perhaps the one Jacob was eluding too.
    I know I am regressing from the end of the thread but I haven't had time to be on the board reading until now.

I totally buy into the character development for the simple reason that they have been "touched" by Jacob and this is Jacob and The Man in Black's game. Jacob touched Kate, Sawyer, Sayid, Locke, Jack, Sun and Jin, and Hurley. Wasn't it Illana he went to see in the hospital but I think she is one of the others. Jacob basically tells TMIB that anything up until what he perceives is his ideal outcome is merely progress or a means to Jacob's ending. The Losties have all been given options and choices throughout and I think the outcome of the war will rely completely on the convergence of people Jacob touched, our Losties...from the book, "Everything that Rises Must Converge".

I think TMIB was placed in the cabin by either Jacob or Richard working for him, and then held there by the circle of ash to keep him in the cabin. TMIB can become whoever, ie Christian and I think he is the one who said "help me" because he was looking to Locke for a way out of the cabin. I don't think Jacob was ever in the cabin. I feel TMIB is the smoke monster and can appear as anyone dead. Not sure about Claire yet though.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by illusions;3491416;

I think TMIB was placed in the cabin by either Jacob or Richard working for him, and then held there by the circle of ash to keep him in the cabin. TMIB can become whoever, ie Christian and I think he is the one who said "help me" because he was looking to Locke for a way out of the cabin. I don't think Jacob was ever in the cabin. I feel TMIB is the smoke monster and can appear as anyone dead. Not sure about Claire yet though.
    I mentioned a ways back that I thought perhaps that "Bob" was the guy locked in the cabin, and said "help me" - but now I am not so sure.

Why would Ilana head to the cabin looking for Jacob if it was a prison for "Bob"? We know smoky has been out and about since the Losties landed on the island and even before that, if Bob is smoky and was locked in, how was Smoky able to get out regularly? Even the Others know about Smokey....being around.

I don't know, my head is spinning and I am just going to have to give it a rest..... (yeah like that will happen)!
    Christopher Reeve

I just read in the rumors on ufo that Jack will die in the very last episode of season 6....interesting..wonder if it will be true????
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread