+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LOST - Season five

Re: LOST - Season five

Well I just read it today and was coming to post about it!

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on ‘Lost,’ ‘True Blood’- msnbc.com

Now we have more speculation as to what is going to happen next season, but at least we know a little of what we will be speculating about. The author seems to think that it could be a possibility that by Juliet setting off the bomb, it changed the times again. If it can bring Claire back, why not Juliet? <keeping fingers crossed>

I sure hope we don't have to wonder all season if someone is dead or alive! Claire had to have been dead if she came back to Kate and told her not to bring her son back to the island. And she sure looked dead with Christian. So if the bomb brings all the Losties back to present day, that would include Juliet, right? It would hopefully undead them all. This is going to be nervewracking. Anyone have any ideas on how this is going to work?
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

^ i'm guessing that in general if you are 2 ft. away from a h-bomb and you detonate it, you just may be obliterrated

if someone wants to go the other route and think that the bomb interacted with the islands properties and somehow teleported her somewhere else, then you'll have a juliet w/ broken bones, internal bleeding, and other massive injuries

lets face it, juliet and her smirky face was fun while it lasted. there will not be another jin situation

&amp;quot;SPYING&amp;quot; ButterflyFaery's Avatar

have ya'll seen the new abc outtake ..its on the watch with kristin site...it has Charlie playing fuzz ball with patrick dempsey..lol..its funny
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

the other day, i was watching the movie "gia" with angelina jolie (which i hadn't watched in a few years) and was surprised to see juliet playing her girlfriend. she sure did a good job in those love scenes

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3485366;
    ^ i'm guessing that in general if you are 2 ft. away from a h-bomb and you detonate it, you just may be obliterrated

if you think that the bomb somehow teleported her somewhere else, then you'll have a juliet w/ broken bones, internal bleeding, and other massive injuries
    I don't think that it is completely accurate thinking to assume that someone 2 ft away from an H-bomb is going to get "more blown away" than someone 100 ft away or even a couple of miles away. The expansion, contraction, & combustion of that bomb will suck in everything for miles and vaporize it. There wouldn't be any broken bones if she got time-ported a micro-millisecond after the explosion, more like 1/2 a vaporized body! I pasted the following and clipped a little to shorten it a bit...

"The first H-bomb ever 'Mike' was exploded November 1st 1952. The mushroom cloud was 8 miles across and 27 miles high. The canopy was 100 miles wide. Radioactive mud fell out of the sky followed by heavy rain. 80 million tons of earth was vaporized. Mike was the first ever megaton yield explosion."

But... since everything is not reality based in this show I could speculate that "The Island" is aware of everything going on and when it saw that this bomb was going off, it already knew the outcome and had to change the current timeline to match the path that event led to... so it teleported all the stars of the show to the time we will see next season (probably current or at least back where they started)

^ i'm going from the same concept in which Jack & co. took.... which had them take the "bomb" to a specific location the "pocket" of electromagnetism down that deep hole

if we think about it too hard and use common sense then yes, everyone will be oblitterated wherever they are on the island,

but the fact that it had to detonate in a specific place means that perhaps that location where the bomb detonates and the island properties meet they will essentially cancel each other out

which would mean the only human getting direct impact is Mrs. Smirk

The H-bomb didn't detonate. They couldn't transport the entire bomb from the temple to the construction site. What they did bring along was a serious explosive, but in no way a hydrogen bomb. Probably the fission part of it (plutonium?), but not the more destructive fusion bomb.

&amp;quot;SPYING&amp;quot; ButterflyFaery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3486510;
    The H-bomb didn't detonate. They couldn't transport the entire bomb from the temple to the construction site. What they did bring along was a serious explosive, but in no way a hydrogen bomb. Probably the fission part of it (plutonium?), but not the more destructive fusion bomb.
    I think we need to face the facts folks..this is LOST we are talking about...anything and everything could and has happened and there is just no telling what the future will bring... guess its just one of the reasons why I am so addicted to it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I think the bomb goes off because it happened. I keep thinking about the electromagnetic field because the white flash just looked different. Somehow by the bomb going off it didn't change things for the Losties because of the time travel. Remember Sun asked Richard about the picture of the Losties in the 70's and he said he saw them die. So everything that happened (happened) in the 70's including the bomb going off but it still didn't prevent the plane from crashing.

Jack didn't take the whole bomb, only a part of it. So you have this old bomb part that gets dropped 300' in a hole beside the electromagnetic field that does who knows what. The bomb went off, they build the Swan Station over it and quarantine it. They have to wear special suits because of the radiation. Radiation causes problems with the women becoming pregnant. Juliet may have been pregnant. If she survives because of time travel, will she have the baby or die?
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

I disagree illusions, and here is why: the Lost producers have character maturity and development as the underlying theme (they said that, not my speculation although I did paraphrase it). Jacob has that conversation with his nemesis in beginning of finale where he says something about it only takes once and then all the rest is practice (loosely paraphrased). I think there will be something major that happens because of this group of Losties on the island, and that the scenario will be a different ending then what Jacob and Mr "guy in black" have repeated for centuries (maybe) . Perhaps the one Jacob was eluding too.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread