+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season five

Re: LOST - Season five

Sayid warned Hurley that if he ever run into Ben Linus to do exactly the opposite of what he says... (which is interesting, because isn't that what Ben's manipulation does... He wants you to do the opposite

then i juxtoposed Sayid's warning w/ what Ana Lucia said. "Stay away from the cops" "Whatever you do Hurley, DON'T GET ARRESTED!"

and upon a 2nd viewing, I barely noticed/realized that Kate pulled into the same gas station that Hurley had just burnt out of... (interesting way to cross paths..)

don't know why i didn't notice that before.. when they purposely had that silver volvo in the frame when Hurley bailed

MRD

I found it ironic that Ana Lucia really emphasizes to Hurley to stay away from the cops. Something the actress herself failed to do and then got supposedly canned for it.

Great show. Lot's more questions. I'm afriad that when we finally get to the last episode it will be a let down. Once we find out the answers, it won't be as riveting as the show is.

So will Locke's wound heal as fast this time around?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3288742;
    Gutmutter Do I detect the makings of another Qboots? Hooray! Thanks for the details, definitely something to think about!
    I could never live up to the Q-meister. Now my observations on the second hour:
    *Not only do Kate and Aaron pull into the gas station as Hurley and Sayid are pulling out, but she starts to call Jack, then gets a call from Sun. So all 6 meet in that one moment of time.
    *I haven't been a fan of the numbers, but they seemed to make a big deal out of Aaron wanting to push the elevator numbers and Kate telling him to push 31.. 3...1. Was that part of the sequence Desmond was pushing?
    *The editing held a lot of clues this week. After Kate gushes about seeing Sun again, Sun says, "Hello Kate" and it immediately cuts to a meat cleaver whacking down on a side of ribs in the butcher shop.
    *When butcher lady agrees to take Locke's body, Ben says, "Keep him safe, because if you don't, nothing we're about to do will matter at all." So Locke getting back to the island is tantamount. My question is, why was it necessary for him to die and come back to the 6?
    *The scene where Hurley unloads everything to his mom is so poignant. It starts with Hurley sadly studying a figurine of Mary holding baby Jesus. The mom knows her son is holding something back and when she takes his chin in her hand and turns his face toward her, it is like he's a little boy. I thought his acting in that scene was amazing. So much going on in his face. And then her benediction of belief. So touching.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 01-26-2009 at 07:54 AM.
    Count your blessings!

^ Ben also pulled a ticket @ the butcher shop that said 362

what does this mean...since were referencing numbers?

---

and the white haired lady at the end was calculating an "entry point"; she said they had 70 hrs.; must be a time window in which they can get back on the island safely.

---

i also noticed that the sonar of the energy contain a pic of that wheel that Ben was turning.

---

and that compass was the same trusty one from 'cabin fever'

Here's a thought, since they are time traveling, what if when they crashed it was prior to Locke's "accident" that left him unable to walk & that's why he can walk on the Island......

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3287636;
    When Richard came with his torch to treat Locke's gunshot wound my first response was "Here comes Jeff Probst through the jungle!"
    ROFL!!!
    Good one!

LG.

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3289591;
    Here's a thought, since they are time traveling, what if when they crashed it was prior to Locke's "accident" that left him unable to walk & that's why he can walk on the Island......
    I don't think so, but that is just based on the fact that right after they landed, Ben and Company - the Others, started researching everything they could find on the survivors and information stated that John had been a paraplegic, which would have only been the case after his jack-ass dad tossed him out a window. Who knows though. I think that the island has only started this "random" time-jumping since Ben turned the knob, but that it was operating on "slower than normal" time for the 3+ years since the crash and probably before. It's been, what, 4 months "on island" but folks coming from off the island (pilot, Naomi, who else, Daniel Farraday) indicated that the plane had crashed 3 years before they showed up. It was still 2004 or early 2005 on "island time" but 2008 in the rest of the world at that point. Now - things are going haywire and they're going back and forth in time, not just going slower than usual. Why Ben thought turning on the crazy time travel feature of the island was the only way to save it - well, that makes no sense. Maybe he just wanted out of there.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3289591;
    That's an interesting theory but when he had his accident he was clearly younger and had a full head of red hair.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3289325;
    ^ Ben also pulled a ticket @ the butcher shop that said 362

what does this mean...since were referencing numbers?
    I'm pretty such the number was 342 with the 3 more of an outline and 42 a filled in, bolded black. 42, of course, is one of the numbers.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I thought it was 342 too as well.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread