+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 121 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1204

Thread: LOST - Season five

Re: LOST - Season five

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3449790;
    When Jacob said "they're coming" I'm guessing he means the ones trapped back in the 70's.
    I think he was referring to the people from the Black Rock. The ship was sailing in on the horizon as Jacob and his resident evil counterpart were sitting on the beach watching.

It is almost biblical when you think about it. Here Jacob and Smokie(?) are sitting on the beach and Jacob asks him if he wants some fish. Smokie said he knows that Jacob is the one who brought the ship. Smokie said they are always corrupt and it always ends the same. (Sounds like the two of them play games in trying to prove not everyone is corrupt or that good will win out in the end or something.) Jacob told him it only has to happen once. (I guess that he can find someone with something good to fight for? Another unanswered question.)
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

Oh wow!! So many new questions!! So who was the beloved death?? Sayid, Juliet, Jacob or Locke? I mean we really only know that Locke is dead or do we??? Maybe it was Radzinsky or Phil!!!
    I really liked how this was a "Jacob" episode. I thought it was just going to be a regular episode & they would reveal Jacob at the end. I wonder if Jacob visited Walt and Claire?? How is he able to leave the island & also not age???
    Do the Black Rock boat people turn out to be the Others? Where does Richard come from??? Was he on the boat, since we saw him making the ship in the bottle? I need this answered in Season 6!!!
    I wonder if season 6 will hardly have the castaways at all. Will it be more about the others & jacob & this new guy??
    Jacob & the new guy (I'm wondering if this is Widmore???) are the black & white Locke talks about in season 1 with Walt.
    As you can see I'm full of questions!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3449765;
    Tvguide.com has a recap of the finale and they list what Richard said in Latin as "That which we protect."

I had multiple interruptions and so I didn't get a chance to watch until the last 10 minutes or so and I have to say I was expecting something a lot bigger for a Lost finale.
    Wow, totally opposite meanings, I wonder which is correct?
    Well, I think you were missing the emotional impact and build up that went with the previous 100 minutes of the show by watching the last 10 minutes out of sequence. It is too late now to recapture that, but I am pretty sure that had you watched all of the show sans distractions, you would have been more invested in the ending and possibly blown away.

pfeiffer: Pretty sure the beloved death was Juliet, as to whether more then one person died - possible, but I hope not. I was thinking through the entire show it would be Sayid, bomb on his back, then he got shot....... was not expecting for Juliet to be sucked down because of those chains. Those two really did grow to love each other, and watching Juliet I thought how they were made for each other.

ACF: As to the reference made about "They're coming" wow!- at first I thought he meant Richard and Ilana's gang, but now I see Jacob could have referred to his special people stuck in 1977....... amazing episode!

My heart broke more from Juliet/Sawyer parting then any other death on this show and Charlie's was the biggest cry fest till now. I am so sorry they broke up that couple, and if I could have voted on it...... in hindsight, I would say- go ahead and take Penny instead.

Gutmutter I made a faulty (and convoluted) assumption between Smoky and Jacob's nemesis, but it could be correct; or that smoky is connected to nemesis in some way. Smoky didn't come when Ben first called him, possibly because Locke was with him. We saw smoky use Alex to tell Ben "to follow Locke or she would kill him" after Locke left the temple. We know Locke is dead, but look alike Locke possesses all of Locke's memories and smoky did scan Locke way back in a past season (2?) when he almost pulled Locke down the hole, and Jack asked Kate to throw the left over dynamite to get Locke released. So, maybe smoky monster is Locke or not, but Jacob's nemesis seems evil, and I can't but believe that Jacob is good.

I really loved this finale more then any other!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

When I saw that first scene between Jacob (the man in white) and the man in black, I was reminded of several things.

First, the return of the concept of black and white that we've seen several times over the years. When "Locke" was standing behind the fiery pit that Jacob fell into, he had a definite Satanic look, I thought.

It brought to mind a book by Robert A. Heinlein, one of my favorite science fiction authors. The book was "JOB: A Comedy of Justice." It was a satire that mocked fundamentalist religion and ended with a scene between "God" and "Satan" that showed them competing for the human race, but they were having fun and it was just a game they were playing.

I think we're in for one heck of a ride next season, and I can't wait.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

So is the island some sort of version of Mt. Olympus?
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3450022;
    Wow, totally opposite meanings, I wonder which is correct?
    Given that Latin grammar is very specific as regards verb conjugations and noun/adjective declensions, the correct translation is crystal clear: "he who will protect us all."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

just putting this down so i can remember whom Jacob touched. I am assuming that his touch means that he choose them to come to the island for some purpose..

Kate
    Sawyer
    Locke
    Hurley
    Jin
    Sun
    Jack

I don't think I missed anyone...but I am wondering if we will see more of Jacob in season 6 and I wonder if he had any contact with Walt..since Walt seemed at one time to be so special but they let that story go by IMO or if that is the reason Walt could leave the island and didn't have to go back is because he wasn't visited by Jacob...but I want to see Walt reunited with Vincent

I am also going to guess that those that were touched by Jacob won't die

we need some island time travel..is it January 2010 yet??? lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

OK, more thoughts:
    1. what happened to the other 30 or so people from flight 815? Did they die from the flaming arrows?
    2. I loved when Miles asked the van people what if your H-bomb is the incident.....total lightbulb came on in my head!
    3. I think the other guy (we can safely assume the guy w/ Jacob on the beach is now Locke?) was the "entity" held in the cabin that said help me to Locke all thoe years ago. Someone must have let him out judging by the ashes missing in 1 part. But then where does that leave Christian & Claire????
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3450348;
    just putting this down so i can remember whom Jacob touched. I am assuming that his touch means that he choose them to come to the island for some purpose..

Kate
    Sawyer
    Locke
    Hurley
    Jin
    Sun
    Jack

I don't think I missed anyone...but I am wondering if we will see more of Jacob in season 6 and I wonder if he had any contact with Walt..since Walt seemed at one time to be so special but they let that story go by IMO or if that is the reason Walt could leave the island and didn't have to go back is because he wasn't visited by Jacob...but I want to see Walt reunited with Vincent

Jacob touched Sayid just before Nadia was run over.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3450348;

Kate
    Sawyer
    Locke
    Hurley
    Jin
    Sun
    Jack

Also Sayid. Remember when Nadia was killed and Jacob pretended to need help with the directions? He actually saved Sayid from being killed - he does seem to be protecting his people, and as for Locke, well free will and all that..... who new Ben would suddenly turn on Locke and kill him?????

The nemesis knew Ben would be his perfect partner in evil, and Jacob probably saw from the beginning that Ben had the potential to turn against him. Still, Jacob reminded Ben he had free will..... I want Jacob to be alive still, and for the force of good to triumph over evil in the series finale. I hope that somehow the explosion in 1977 by heroine Juliet, will result in a change in past. I also hope that it will bring our Losties into 2007.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread