+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 121 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season five

Re: LOST - Season five

So, while rewatching tonight since I was sitting here with my laptop, I decided to "jot" down ponderings and observations I had so that I can discuss them with my friends. I thought perhaps I would post them here to pick your brains, as well...

• Maybe Daniel Farraday wasn’t actually back in the Dr. Marvin Candle/early Dharma days. Is it possible that this is modern day Daniel and one of the island time jumps bounced him back to that time?
    • There is a framed picture of Jack and Aaron on the desk next to Kate’s door when the lawyers visit.
    • During the bounce when Locke is in the Nigerian plane, just prior Farraday had said that they are in the time after 815 crashed. Does that mean there are 2 of each of those survivors on the island- one who has survived the crash and is on the beach and another who is time traveling?
    • I'm going with the nosebleed/electromagnetism connection. Desmond had a nose bleed in the “constant” episode. One of the creepy, dead Dharma dudes whose ghost appeared in the recap episode had a nosebleed. The dude who died while drilling for Dr. Marvin Candle had a nosebleed. Then, of course, Charlotte got one. Are these all people who have been exposed to high amounts of electromagnet stuff? We know Des definitely has when he turned the failsafe key. If Charlotte grew up on the island, she probably has, too.
    • Desmond and Penny are wearing wedding rings when he wakes up from his dream/memory.
    • While in the hotel(?) with Jack, Ben said he needs to bring Locke’s body “somewhere safe.” Jack said “Safe? He’s dead, isn’t he?” Ben never answered. I’m thinking there is more to this but what?
    • When Ben got to the butcher shop, he took “please take a number” number 342. The 42 was bolded.
    • Who was shooting the fire arrows that killed Frogurt? Do we assume it’s the hostiles?

I really do love the LOST fans. Those are all great observations and things that I think about, too.

My biggest problem with LOST (other than trying to figure everything out) is that it takes several viewings of each episode to process the heaviness of it. And then, of course, getting all caught up in the incredible production aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by talula;3288226;
    So, while rewatching tonight since I was sitting here with my laptop, I decided to "jot" down ponderings and observations I had so that I can discuss them with my friends. I thought perhaps I would post them here to pick your brains, as well...

• Maybe Daniel Farraday wasn’t actually back in the Dr. Marvin Candle/early Dharma days. Is it possible that this is modern day Daniel and one of the island time jumps bounced him back to that time?
    • There is a framed picture of Jack and Aaron on the desk next to Kate’s door when the lawyers visit.
    • During the bounce when Locke is in the Nigerian plane, just prior Farraday had said that they are in the time after 815 crashed. Does that mean there are 2 of each of those survivors on the island- one who has survived the crash and is on the beach and another who is time traveling?
    • I'm going with the nosebleed/electromagnetism connection. Desmond had a nose bleed in the “constant” episode. One of the creepy, dead Dharma dudes whose ghost appeared in the recap episode had a nosebleed. The dude who died while drilling for Dr. Marvin Candle had a nosebleed. Then, of course, Charlotte got one. Are these all people who have been exposed to high amounts of electromagnet stuff? We know Des definitely has when he turned the failsafe key. If Charlotte grew up on the island, she probably has, too.
    • Desmond and Penny are wearing wedding rings when he wakes up from his dream/memory.
    • While in the hotel(?) with Jack, Ben said he needs to bring Locke’s body “somewhere safe.” Jack said “Safe? He’s dead, isn’t he?” Ben never answered. I’m thinking there is more to this but what?
    • When Ben got to the butcher shop, he took “please take a number” number 342. The 42 was bolded.
    • Who was shooting the fire arrows that killed Frogurt? Do we assume it’s the hostiles?
    Not really a spoiler since I saw in one of the previews after the show was over but...just in case

Click to see Spoiler:
    Also a preview looked like Penny was in labor so she's maybe PG? You couldn't really tell since they were in bed.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Whoa! stacerace - I didn't even see the preview, so thanks! That's a biggie!
    Count your blessings!

I'm going with the nosebleed/electromagnetism connection. Desmond had a nose bleed in the “constant” episode. One of the creepy, dead Dharma dudes whose ghost appeared in the recap episode had a nosebleed. The dude who died while drilling for Dr. Marvin Candle had a nosebleed. Then, of course, Charlotte got one.
    hmm, you know from the jump when i seen Charlotte w/ the nose bleed i immediately connected it with Desmond and the effects of the island time/space thing

now you just reminded me of "Horace" (appearing to John Locke on that "Cabin Fever" episode had the nose bleed "I've been dead for 12 years"); I wonder was John actually moving in time to his other "conciousness" or was he just dreaming.

as far as the worker, i didn't notice a nosebleed as i just thought his face all blooy due to an injury from a drill bit, rocks, projectile, etc

i didn't even notice the Dharma filnm guy w/ a nosebleed

man, i need to rewatch..i didn't even know they reaired it...i have it on dvr, but wanted to watch it in HD...dangit!

I always thought the nose bleeds were a prelude to death. The guy on the boat that helped out Sayid and Desmond had mentioned that some of the other ship people that died had the nose bleeds and I assumed they then suffered from an aneurysm as a result of the inability to cope with the time/space jumps back and forth. Didn't Farraday mention something about that to Desmond when he visited him in the lab, and they watched the lab animal (rabbit? rat?) die after time traveling?

There is a connection to the electromagnetic field but I don't understand it.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I just watched the first hour on tape and hope you'll indulge my observations:
    *After the first jump, Sawyer asks Daniel what's going on. Dan says, "We have no time." He goes on to say they need to get to something man made, but I thought the wording of his first sentence was humorous.
    *When they are still out on the raft and Frogurt is freaking out about the flash of light, Daniel mutters to himself, "We must have been inside the radius". So he clearly knows a lot more about the island than some scientist sent there randomly.
    *When Ethan finds Locke by the plane and is going to shoot him, Locke tries to stall him, saying he knows Ethan's name and that Ben Linus had appointed him as their leader. Ethan replies that that's ridiculous and says "Goodbye John Locke" and is about to pull the trigger, but there's another time jump. So think about it from Ethan's perspective. He meets this stranger who knows him, makes the claim to be his leader, and then he disappears into thin air. That's what he takes back to the others.
    *When Sayid is taking Hurley to the safe house and is explaining things to him, he refers to Lock as Bentham. Hurley confirms that he means Locke and then mutters to himself, "I need a cool code name." Hurley had some great one-liners this week.
    *Miles, referring to Widmore, says, "It took him 20 years to find this place the first time." So Miles knows more about Widmore than you would think, and what happened 20 years ago?
    *Sawyer is drilling Dan about how to stop the time jumps and Dan says, "You can't stop it." Sawyer asks, "Then who can?" Dan doesn't answer him, but the scene cuts to Locke.
    *When Richard is tending Locke's wound, Locke is upset about the people on the chopper and the boat. Richard says, "They're fine, John. They're already home."
    So even though the boat explosion happened just a short time before on island time, they've already been picked up, gone to the nonmagical island where they're discovered, and gotten home. Also the fact that John included the boat in his question that was covered by Richard's answer gives me hope for Jin.
    Count your blessings!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3288636;
    I always thought the nose bleeds were a prelude to death. The guy on the boat that helped out Sayid and Desmond had mentioned that some of the other ship people that died had the nose bleeds and I assumed they then suffered from an aneurysm as a result of the inability to cope with the time/space jumps back and forth. Didn't Farraday mention something about that to Desmond when he visited him in the lab, and they watched the lab animal (rabbit? rat?) die after time traveling?

There is a connection to the electromagnetic field but I don't understand it.
    I posted this a couple days ago, but I think this answers your question.

Desmond then notices that the rat is dead, from a brain aneurysm. Desmond confronts Daniel about it, but Dan says that he doesn't know if Desmond is going to also die. Eloise's brain short-circuited, she couldn't tell the difference between the past, the present and the future as she didn't have anything to attach herself to: she did not have a constant. Daniel tells him about the need for Desmond to have a constant, something that is present in both times and that he sincerely cares about and can recognize. Desmond grabs the phone and calls his constant, Penny, but the number has been disconnected.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3288722;
    I posted this a couple days ago, but I think this answers your question.

Desmond then notices that the rat is dead, from a brain aneurysm. Desmond confronts Daniel about it, but Dan says that he doesn't know if Desmond is going to also die. Eloise's brain short-circuited, she couldn't tell the difference between the past, the present and the future as she didn't have anything to attach herself to: she did not have a constant. Daniel tells him about the need for Desmond to have a constant, something that is present in both times and that he sincerely cares about and can recognize. Desmond grabs the phone and calls his constant, Penny, but the number has been disconnected.
    Thanks Juls! I was trying to remember how that all played out!

Gutmutter Do I detect the makings of another Qboots? Hooray! Thanks for the details, definitely something to think about!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

I'm thrilled that Lost is back!!!!

Just one off the wall observation that I noticed last night. Mr. gracie and I were watching Frequency and the bad guy's name was Jack Shepherd! And the movie concerns time and the changes that are made when you meddle with the way things happened the first time! I wish I would have noticed this during the first season of Lost. Maybe I wouldn't be so confused on some of the issues now.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread