+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Leverage

Leverage

Did anyone else watch the premiere of this new show on TNT last night? It stars Tim Hutton and I found it to be similar to the AMC/BBC series Hu$tle, but somewhat edgier.

I thought it was very entertaining and I will be watching. It's regular time slot is Tuesday 10pm/9pm and I think they are rerunning the pilot Tuesday night before the new episode.

TNT - Leverage - starring Oscar® winner Timothy Hutton
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: Leverage

I just saw it. I think it's going to be really good. Liked it a bunch.

I watched it too. I think this show may turn out to be one of my favorites, IF they don't cancel it on me. I've always been a fan of Timothy Hutton and Christian Kane has been a favorite of mine since he was on "Angel".

I watched this show and I thought it was very interesting. I liked the twists and turns and the 'alternative revenue stream'
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'm liking this show even more after watching the second episode. The interactions between the characters is so natural. I loved how they were able to recover the money without really stealing it. And setting up the Senator and the head of the contracting firm while they did it. I'm really looking forward to this show. I sure hope they don't cancel it.

Another strong episode. If the writing holds up it's going to be great, show after show.

I don't think TNT will cancel because the cable channels aren't nearly so ratings driven. TNT & FX seem to be doing some really good stuff lately. Damages is back on FX beginning in Jan.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Ok watched.. Liked it.. as did everyone else.. So how long till they yank this one off???
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I hope they keep it going. Cable networks tend to be a little better about that than the major networks.

TNT does have another series coming up at the end of January I'll be taking a look at; I think it premiers January 26. Title is Trust Me with Eric McCormack and Tom Cavanaugh in the lead roles.
    TNT - Trust Me - from the team that brought you The Closer and Nip/Tuck

Of course, I'm waiting for Josh Whedon's Dollhouse. A couple of other new shows that I'll be watich for, are:

The Unsuals starring Amber Tamblyn, Adam Goldberg, and Harold Perrineau. She is a vice squad cop transferred to homicide. This is described as a comedic procedural. Definitely worth a look for me. It scheduled to on ABC start April 8 at 10/9c. I haven't found an offical ABC link for it yet, bujt I have seen some very positive reviews.

Castle starring Nathan Fillion, a good enough reason alone to take a look-see. He plays a novelist who works helps police, which he starts doing due to a series of murders copycatted from his novels. Also stars Susan Sullivan. It's billed as a dramedy and includes some poker scenes with Castle's friends, such as Sue Grafton, James Patterson, and Stepen King. It's set to premiere March 9, 10/9c.
    AboutCastle ABC TV Series starring Nathan Fillion » About Castle
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

ANYTHING with Nathan Fillion gets a BIG thumbs up from me! I will have to look for that one as well.. thanks Flori
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3250411;
    Ok watched.. Liked it.. as did everyone else.. So how long till they yank this one off???
    Well this is TNT, so hopefully they will not be as cutthroat as the major networks are. I just watched the first two episodes on my DVR last night and I am excited about the show. I think the casting works very well, and loved the way they interact. They have family spelled all over, these loners make a good family. I loved Tim driving off in his electric car at the end......!

I am going to be optimistic and hope this becomes a big hit for TNT!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast