+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Leverage

Who is John Galt?

Re: Leverage

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3303511;
    The only issue im having over this is Nate and his drinking.. I dont want them to over use it. I understand his issues with his son passing and the drinking.. but i so dont want him to be 'that drunk jerk' as the show goes on.
    I agree. I don't like that aspect of the show either. I prefer him to be sharp, clever, and in control like he did in earlier episodes. It is a bit of a turn-off to me watching him deteriorate into alcoholism.

I love the other characters though. The eccentric little blond with nearly supernatural adroitness is adorable, Chris Kane (the martial arts guy) has always been a favorite of mine since he was on the vampire show, the computer nerd makes it cool to be a "geek", and Nate's long lost, but newly found love is wonderful and brings smart and sexy to a new level.

It would be stupid for the show's creator to let us watch the big name actor fall steadily downward without the hope of eventual redemption. The team is rebelling and I bet this issue will be resolved soon.
    At least, I certainly hope so!!!

Parker has quickly become my favorite on the team. I loved it when she just dove out the window...... and was it Elliot who caught her, sort of broke her fall?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3305129;
    It would be stupid for the show's creator to let us watch the big name actor fall steadily downward without the hope of eventual redemption. The team is rebelling and I bet this issue will be resolved soon.
    At least, I certainly hope so!!!

Parker has quickly become my favorite on the team. I loved it when she just dove out the window...... and was it Elliot who caught her, sort of broke her fall?
    Elliot caught her and then said, "How did you know I'd be here to catch you?" Parker said, "I didn't!" I might even consider jumping out a window if Christian Kane was there to catch me.

I too hope they don't dwell on the alcoholism aspect concerning Nate. I love all the characters on this show but watching someone self destruct by crawling into a bottle isn't something that I want to see.

I am so looking forward to next week's show. It's a Trekkie/Trekker reunion. Jonathan Frakes is directing. Data is one of the main baddies and our favorite Ferrengi is also appearing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Here's an example of a great ensemble cast coupled with great guest stars.

I loved the jury episode with Brent Spiner and Armin Shimerman. Last night's episode, which ended with a "to be continued", featured Kevin Tighe (great actor, Locke's father on Lost) as the really bad guy. Andrew Divoff was another Lost cast member to guest star. It was another excellent story. Next week's continuation is, I believe, the season finale.

In addition to Lost, Tim Hutton is also choosing to reunite with some of his Nero Wolfe repertory actors, such as Kari Matchett and Saul Rubinek.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

some of us remember Kevin Tighe as Roy Desoto from Emergency! ... yeah, I'm that old. LOL The thing is, when ever I see him guest star I know that he's the bad guy. He does it so well.

O/T: Johnny Gage played the guilt-ridden dad on Lie to Me last week.'
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Best line: you don't need an intervention you need revenge.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3334514;
    some of us remember Kevin Tighe as Roy Desoto from Emergency! ... yeah, I'm that old. LOL The thing is, when ever I see him guest star I know that he's the bad guy. He does it so well.

I remember Emergency!, Duxxy. Great cast including not only Kevin Tighe, but also Robert Fuller, Julie London, Randolph Mantooth and Jack Kruschen. Also Martin Milner and Kent McCord as I think it was a spinoff from Adam-12.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3334514;

You can watch all the old Emergency episodes online for free at hulu.com...

Only 1 more episode. I'm going to miss it until next season. It has turned out to be one of the best written shows around & the cast is great. I got some Parker love going on...

+ Reply to Thread