+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 24--Redemption & Season 7

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

24--Redemption & Season 7

Did anyone else watch the 2 hour Season 7 prequel tonight?

On the whole, I liked it--it was certainly less insane than Season 6. I had a problem with two distinct areas. First, while I understand that it is topical and somewhat accurate of some global events, I tire easily of the "child in peril" theme. The kid that was always going back and stopping them from moving forward, well, I'd have just shot him for being annoying. Second, WTF was up with the embassy guy's glasses and sideburns? It was like he was straight out of 1973. On the other hand, Jack killed a guy with his thighs, and that is my all-time favorite Bauer move so the rest is forgiven.

I'm excited at the prospect of a fresh season of 24, even if Tony is inexplicably back. I think I'm going to try to re-watch Season 5 (my fav) before the start of the new episodes in January.

FORT Fanatic

Re: 24--Redemption & Season 7

dangit...completely forgot about it. why oh why did i think it was going to air on Monday November 24 when all the promos kept saying sunday 23. maybe its because 24 always airs on monday night and the date is 24. oh well, guess i'll go and try find it now...
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

FWIW, Redemption is coming out on DVD this Tuesday. I kinda even feel silly for watching it unspool live!

FORT Fogey

I watched it. Being out of "24 training" I was a little worried about my willingness to sit still and pay attention for 2 hours, but I did it and I'm glad I did!

It started out a little slow, and that story has already pretty much been done. But it was great to have Jack back! I was happy to see Carly Pope and Jon Voight.

So, does this movie proceed and lead into next season? I wasn't clear on that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;3240554;
    It started out a little slow, and that story has already pretty much been done. But it was great to have Jack back! I was happy to see Carly Pope and Jon Voight.

So, does this movie proceed and lead into next season? I wasn't clear on that.
    Based on what I've heard / read, the movie put things into place to set up for the next season. Any of the key things that would have needed to happen last year to set up for this year were done in the movie instead ... if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3239945;
    On the other hand, Jack killed a guy with his thighs, and that is my all-time favorite Bauer move so the rest is forgiven.
    Have you forgotten when he bit that guy's jugular vein while being tied up in a chair? That was pretty bada$$.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Is tonight a rerun of the prequel or is it the actual premiere? I missed the prequel so I won't watch the premiere until I catch it. Maybe it's online at Fox. But I'll tape the premiere so that I can come back to it when I'm all caught up. Usually this is on Monday nights so will it be on tomorrow night too? I know I can go look it up online but figured since I'm in here I'd ask .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3273710;
    Is tonight a rerun of the prequel or is it the actual premiere? I missed the prequel so I won't watch the premiere until I catch it. Maybe it's online at Fox. But I'll tape the premiere so that I can come back to it when I'm all caught up. Usually this is on Monday nights so will it be on tomorrow night too? I know I can go look it up online but figured since I'm in here I'd ask .
    It's my understanding that tonight's episode is the actual Season 7 premier which takes place after the events of the Redemption prequel. Then tomorrow's (Monday) two-hour episodes follow tonight's two hours of Jack's Worst. Day. Ever.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Can't wait!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast