+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Practice: season finale: May 5 (9-11 ET)

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

The Practice: season finale: May 5 (9-11 ET)

From ABC.com
    "The Practice" wraps up this season with a special two-episode Season Finale that will leave the firm - and its members - forever changed, MONDAY, MAY 5 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

In the first episode - "Baby Love" (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) - Bobby comes clean with Lindsay about his affair with old flame Sarah Barker (Teri Polo), and divorce seems imminent. Meanwhile, unexpected feelings arise when Eugene and Jamie work together to defend a pregnant woman who was the victim of spousal abuse and now stands accused of murder, and Claire and Jimmy defend a client who is suing a HUD housing complex for negligence.

Bobby drops a bombshell on the firm in the second episode - "Goodbye" (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) - when he announces his resignation and appoints Eugene as senior partner. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Rebecca defend a man who is accused of killing his sister-in-law, with an unexpected twist, and Eugene and Jamie's newfound feelings begin to develop into a relationship.

Starring in "The Practice" are Dylan McDermott as Bobby Donnell, Camryn Manheim as Ellenor Frutt, Kelli Williams as Lindsay Dole, Steve Harris as Eugene Young, Lisa Gay Hamilton as Rebecca Washington, Michael Badalucco as Jimmy Berluti, Marla Sokoloff as Lucy Hatcher, Jessica Capshaw as Jamie Stringer, Chyler Leigh as Claire Wyatt and Lara Flynn Boyle as A.D.A. Helen Gamble.

Guest starring in "Baby Love" are Teri Polo as Sarah Barker, Holland Taylor as Judge Kittleson, Steven Culp as Atty. Emmanuel Kupcheck, Ray Abruzzo as Det. Mike McGuire, Brenda James as Carrie Novak, John Norwood as Alex Gaul, Patrice Walters as Dr. Steinberg, Sarah Paalman as nurse, Shea Farrell as foreman, Don Sparks as Atty. Charles Sloan, Lisa Renee Pitts as Naomi Carter and Chelsea Tavares as Virginia Tavares. "Baby Love" was written by Bill Chais, Pamela Wisne and David E. Kelley, and directed by Jeannot Szwarc.

Guest starring in "Goodbye" are Billy Campbell as Tom Bartos, Melinda McGraw as Marcie Bartos, Aynsley Lemon as Deborah Bartos, Yomi Perry as Anna, Lawrence O'Donnell, Jr., as Judge Franklin Brown, Mik Scriba as Detective Simons, Loanne Bishop as Christina Wayne and Keith MacKechnie as Neil Woolrich. "Good-bye" was written by Peter Blake and David E. Kelley, and directed by Michael Zinberg.

"The Practice" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound. A TV parental guideline will be posted closer to airdate.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey

So long, Practice

All I can say is that in my very distant past, before the advent of so-called "reality TV," I used to watch "The Practice." I even thought Dylan McDermott was hot. After a season or two and my developing taste for The Amazing Race and Survivor, I realized I was no longer entertained by this show. Whether or not David Kelley's writing got stale, or I just tired of the self-righteousness of the characters, or I simply detested Lara Flynn Boyle, doesn't matter. I just stopped watching after Ellenor's affair with the head-cutting cross-dressing (as a nun) murderer.

After reading the description of the season finale I suddenly realized that I wasn't missing anything. So, thanks for the memories, but no thanks.

LG.

CaliGirl, you and are having parallel tv viewing lives. I gave up on this show at the exact moment with Ellenore and dating the psycho in the habit, and the ads have gotten increasingly laughable ever since.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey

Look out for TI3!

How freakin' funny AND scary is that, lg?

Are you my doppelganger?

I hate to admit I still watch it occassionally.

The worst thing though is that the Tivo tapes eps from 1997 when they air here on Saturdays and I watch them and realize how crappy this show has gotten.

My biggest gripe is that they always win their cases (and the ones they lose it turns out they always have the innocent client who was wrongly convicted). Please.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

So....was this also the series finale?

It seemed like that was the end.

+ Reply to Thread