+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Six Feet Under - Tears, bones and desire (4/20)

FORT Fogey

Six Feet Under - Tears, bones and desire (4/20)

This episode was definitely one of the most exciting ones of the season.

It appears that Ruth's friendship with Arthur is heating up and, despite the fact that he appears to resist her affection, he ultimately opens up to her. As odd as it might appear, these two oddballs embark on some sort of romance.

Meanwhile, Rico has his hands full dealing with Vanessa's depression and withdrawal. He tries to persuade her to seek help as they spent yet another Sunday in the cemetery by her mother's grave, but she still doesn't get it. Only after the school calls him and he has to take his son home and confronts Vanessa about Julio's head lice, does she seem to snap out of her lethargy and decides that she needs help.

Claire has been running ragged being Olivier's assistant until the truth about her job is revealed to her by a strange woman sculptress who was his former assistant. When Claire returns from Azusa, Russell is still at Olivier's and after they return home she asks if Olivier "hit on" Russell. Although he denies it, it appears that Russell is hiding something.

The paintball war that Keith arranges for David and his friends turns into a regular "West Side Story." It's the Macho Gays against the Gay Men's Choirboys and all hell breaks loose. This is Keith's ultimate revenge for the "Jeanne Triplehorn" humiliation.

Lisa with her ever growing curiosity about Brenda makes an appointment for a massage and gets to meet Brenda who doesn't know whose back she's massaging. But just wait till next week. It looks like the proverbial s**t will hit the fan. I just wish Brenda would be on-screen a little longer.

All of this is going on as the Fishers prepare a commune leader/polygamist named Daddy for a funeral. While his "family" stands watch so that aliens or government officials won't interfere with the body, the hordes of kids that Daddy spawned are footloose around the Fisher Funeral Home and hound Ruth for cheese.

The big surprise at the end is that these weird hippie types were apparently the lice "carriers" and so Rico brought it home to his kids.

There was some funny and touching moments and even though a lot went on here, it never got confusing and was interesting till the end.
    Last edited by CaliGirl; 04-21-2003 at 04:23 PM.

FORT Fogey

Re: Six Feet Under - Tears, bones and desire (4/20)

Originally posted by CaliGirl
    As odd as it might appear, these two oddballs embark on some sort of romance.
    I don't think at 15 years old Ruth was as giddy as she was in front of Arthur, complimenting him on his emperor-like profile and engaging in a playful tug-o-war with his laundry!

Meanwhile, Rico has his hands full dealing with Vanessa's depression and withdrawal.

Has it ever been explained how Rico and Vanessa met? Why they married? Maybe I should rent Season One on DVD. I think Rico is a great guy but, with his temper, I really don't see how he could stand living at home during all the hours we don't see him.

...Russell is still at Olivier's and after they return home she asks if Olivier "hit on" Russell. Although he denies it, it appears that Russell is hiding something.

Oh, I'll say he hid something alright. His look of shame plus the fact that Olivier was replacing his watch after Claire had been trying to get their attention for 20 minutes. Line of the night: "I'm not gay, I'm your freakin' boyfriend." I think Bender said something like this during Married By America.

The paintball war that Keith arranges for David and his friends turns into a regular "West Side Story." It's the Macho Gays against the Gay Men's Choirboys and all hell breaks loose.

This was brilliantly done. And then the ménage à trouble to cap it off! Apparently David and Keith's bed is equipped with shock absorbers.

I just wish Brenda would be on-screen a little longer.

Me too. She's a wonderful character and I've been a Rachel Griffiths fan since Muriel's Wedding. She can look really good sometimes when she's in control. Like in the spa room talking to Lisa and that scene from last season when she's loading up her car to leave.

All of this is going on as the Fishers prepare a commune leader/polygamist named Daddy for a funeral.

Please explain to me why the young girl gave Nate her hand mop? Was she choosing him? She made me laugh in the way she booked it out of the room with her hand on her hip.

You ask for an explaination.
    That spoils it all just sit back and let it wash over you.

But yes, I would like to know what every one is thinking when they write this show. I do enjoy all the characters and sub plots.
    I did get the impression that the mop was her invitation to Nate.
    Maybe I need to read the Book of Daddy.
    Are there other sites with insites?

I love this show & all its twists & turns.

Arthur & Ruth kissing was very disturbing, and like I mentioned early on in the season, is a very scary & traumatic thing LOL.
    I hope Kathy Bates comes back & saves us from this horror!

I think the threesome did Dave & Keith good, maybe that's what they need, more variation & more people involved in their lives. After all it has mostly been the two of them, not a whole lot of friends or anything, they had to be getting on each other's nerves.

I too hope Brenda will get more on-screen time, it seems like she will be... I actually hope that she & Nate will get back together again, they both seem to have calmed down some & I still think they would have an "alternative" & "open" kind of relationship, in which they would both feel comfortable & not trapped.

I wonder if Daddy's family will be coming back in later episodes?

Ahh..so many questions. I didnt see the first season either, I wish I had... I may rent it as well & see what lead up to what
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

LG.
    I've seen every episode and I don't recall any explanation of how Rico and Vanessa got together. At the end of the first season Vanessa was pregnant and about to give birth to their second son and it looked for a while that things could go south and Rico would end up a widower, but that didn't happen. There was some spooky foreshadowing with him "preparing" younger corpses. I don't recall any of the "family of the deceased" appearing in more than one episode in the past, so I think we've seen the last of Daddy's clan, but the lice will probably stick around for a while. Gay splatball was hilarious. I for one don't care if Brenda comes back at all or not. I'm more interested in whether Nate will stay in his marriage, and not if Brenda will lure him away from it.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread