+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Life on Mars

LG.

Life on Mars

Do we not have a thread for this show yet? I have really liked the two episodes we've seen so far. I love the comparisons in law enforcement techniques and practices from 35 years ago, women's lib, and the clothes and cars are just awesome.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Re: Life on Mars

I agree, LG. I am liking this show too.

I graduated from HS in 1973 and to see the hair, clothes, cars, etc. is really a walk down memory lane!

On the premiere show, it was so surreal to see the Twin Towers and the look on Sam's face knowing what would eventually become of them.

It will be interesting to see how, or if!, he ever gets back to the present.

I'm really enjoying this show too and I didn't think I would at all. I've been pleasantly surprised.

I really liked the first episode and have last night's show taped. I think it's going to be another "must see"!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I've watched both episodes twice and find myself being *very* impatient with it. I don't want it to be like LOST insofar as taking years and years and years to explain stuff. I want to know ***right now*** if he's in a coma or what the deal is. I wanna know, nooooooow! hahahahah

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

LG.

there are plenty of indications that he is in a coma because of the tv images of the doctor trying to talk to him, and the background noise of a ventilator which shows up at odd times (not when he's seeing things from his time, just at random "quiet" times).

One thing that is bothering me though - if Harvey Keitel's character was the head cop in the same precienct that Sam works at in 2008, would he have at least heard of him before. Some old timer would had overlapped would say "at least our new boss isn't like x"? I thought of that in the first episode when Keitel's character mentioned that he would be known for getting things done or whatever. 35 years is not that long ago (says an oldster). My hubby was born in 1968, the same year as Sam's character, so he is the measure at our house of what Sam would and would not remember about 1973 at our house. Bruce's recommendations - pick against the Buffalo Bills and the Minnesota Vikings for all 8 superbowls they are in and he'll do well over the years.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I don't even have to know the future to know that it's not a good idea to pick the Vikings in anything!!!

(disgruntled Viking fan here. )
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fan

This is actually copied off the British show. They even have a lot of the characters looking the same. A lot of the dialogue is the same. I know how it ends but dont know how to do the spoiler warning. If someone can explain I can put it on here or IM me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

You type the word spoiler in brackets (not parentheses) at the start of what you want to hide, and /spoiler in brackets at the end.

So it looks like this [spoiler] hide this [/spoiler except I didn't include the last bracket so it wouldn't actually work.

FORT Fan

Thanks PWS I'll give it a try hope I don't mess this up.

The british life on mars has the david bowie song life on mars at the beginning. Here what happens at the end:

Click to see Spoiler:
    he is in a coma. at the end he comes out of it and back to the future. sitting in the police station present time a few days have gone by. its all very politically correct. quite cold everyones sitting around their computers. He hates it and immediately once to go back to the 70's to be with his friends. he goes up to the top of the building and jumps off. bam he's back in the 70's.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-18-2008 at 04:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast