+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Life on Mars

Re: Life on Mars

I liked the ending. Granted it took me a few minutes to digest it but I liked it. It makes the title of the show make sense.

Everything was going on in his mind but the only thing I want to know, and i could have missed this, who exactly was Mya in his mind?

Wow, I don't know if the ending made more sense or confused me even more. I want to go back to watch the whole season again to see if Sam's behavior and experience leads back to last night's final scene. I assume the title of the show would have given me a hint but that term is used freqently about men being from mars and women from venus (book title). What a mind twister!

I loved the ending. Especially the part where Annie said she was dreaming of a future where all the men worked for her, and in the end, they did.

It was a good show and I wish the network had given it another year to develop. I'll miss it.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

LG.

did you notice that their mission to Mars was to find genes? So they were on a Gene Hunt? I too loved that they were all working for Annie at the end, and I still loved that in Sam's dream in 1973 that she got promoted to dectective. Go Annie.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I loved the scene where Sam is reading Gulliver's Travels to the older Annie in the nursing home. There was just something about that scene. It took me a bit to figure out the ending. And I was more confused when it turned out that Gene was his father.

I finally read the spoiler that was posted earlier in this thread, so I guess the American version was revamped once the show knew it was being cancelled.

I loved this show and was so dissapointed when I learned that it would come to an end. I am still trying to digest the ending because I feel like I missed so much during the season. I will miss my Wednesday night program.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Saw the premiere and the finale and several shows in between. I liked the ending it was so appropo; Life on Mars.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3401217;
    Wow, I don't know if the ending made more sense or confused me even more. I want to go back to watch the whole season again to see if Sam's behavior and experience leads back to last night's final scene.
    It's coming out on DVD. I've seen 2 different release dates. One has it through Acorn Media on July 28th for $39.99.
    The other through Amazon on September 29th for $25.99 with FREE shipping.

This will be a 4-disc set with 17 episodes & other features:
    A behind the scenes look at the Life on Mars concept;
    The design & styles of the 1970 wardrobe;
    Police Procedure & Precincts: A 1970's perspective;
    Behind the scenes with special guests.

For someone who can never find spoilers or any inside information on anything, I'm really pleased to be the first one here to give this information.

It was definitely different than the finale for the British series, but it was very fitting for this show. I loved how all the characters were there. Didn't expect Gene to be his dad though.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyH0ur;3401192;
    I liked the ending. ... It makes the title of the show make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by talula;3401070;
    I almost would have preferred no closure like we usually get when our shows are cancelled.
    I disagree. The series was like a gift all wrapped up in a bow. I loved it. I would have liked more episodes, but I'm so glad they didn't leave us hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78;3219572;
    The british life on mars has the david bowie song life on mars at the beginning. Here what happens at the end:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he is in a coma. at the end he comes out of it and back to the future. sitting in the police station present time a few days have gone by. its all very politically correct. quite cold everyones sitting around their computers. He hates it and immediately once to go back to the 70's to be with his friends. he goes up to the top of the building and jumps off. bam he's back in the 70's.
    I'm glad our version was different. It was more hopeful and therefore more "American." I liked the "Gene Hunt" joke, the "Major Tom" joke, the way he still didn't get along with Ray, and the possibility of having a future with Annie (whose hair looked like it did when she was the undercover stewardess/swinger in one episode).
    Last edited by Harvest; 04-05-2009 at 07:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread