+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Life on Mars

Re: Life on Mars

When Sam & Annie were standing on the ledge hand in hand near the end, I was afraid that I had miscalculated & that this really was the last episode.
    I was sooooooo glad to see them both exit the building in the next scene.

After watching Lost & LOM back to back on Wednesdays, I am mentally drained.
    I'm emotionally invested in the characters & stories from both shows.
    It's exhausting, but worth it.

I can't even begin to guess how next week's finale will end, but I hope it's satisfying to the fans. I'm torn as to whether I want Sam to stay in 1973 or make it home to the present.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 03-26-2009 at 07:37 PM.

I couldn't figure out at the end if Sam really was there at the killing, or if the head games the bad cop was playing were just making him(Sam) doubt himself.
    If he really was there, what is with Windy & the alibi? Is she real?

I've been whistling & humming the song "Windy" all day. Everyone at work thinks I'm a little batty. Maybe they're right.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

I can't believe that this is the series ending. I love this show.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Only one more day left 'till the finale.
    It's going to be April Fools Day. Wouldn't it be nice if they left the end open & then said "April Fool's, we're not cancelling!"

Tonight's the night, LOM fans.
    Happy finale day.
    It's bittersweet. It's over, but at least we get an end to the story. This is probably how I'll feel when we have to say goodbye to Lost.
    I won't be watching next week's replacement. To quote the Who:

"I won't get fooled again!!"

Now, I wasn't paying complete attention to the show because I have work that needs doing and I will definitely re-watch later but... honestly, I was a tad confused and disappointed with the "resolution." Am I the only one or was I just not watching close enough to understand? I had a total "WTF?" face for the whole last 10 minutes.

LG.

because it hasn't aired yet on the West coast, I'll spoiler font it
    Click to see Spoiler:
    near the end he figures out that he'd really rather be in 1973 than 2008, hangs up on the mysterious phone caller who is telling him the "three things he needs to do to get home" saying he wants to stay, and kisses Annie. Then he wakes up on a space ship that is on a mission to Mars. The year is 2023 and Ray, Chris and Gene are all members of the mission, and Annie is actually the leader of the mission. Oh, and Gene is actually his dad. trippy. And Windy is a computer voice talking to them.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Yeah, I saw and got all that, I just thought
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it was a dumb, crappy ending and I guess I was hoping there was more to it. Like an "OOOOH! I get it! That's great!" revelation. But really I was more like "Are ya serious? Seriously?" I almost would have preferred no closure like we usually get when our shows are cancelled.

Thanks, LG!

I liked the end. It took a few minutes for it to sink in. I had that same puzzled look on my face too, but once I got it, I loved it.
    I wish I'd taped it, so I could see it again, but I didn't.

I've never done spoilers, so I hope this works. Please don't hate me if it doesn't.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I laughed at the end when they referred to "Gene" as Major Tom. Sometime earlier in the episode Sam said something like "Why does it all keep coming back to David Bowie?"

I'd call this a satisfying ending, but a total surprise.

Does anyone know what that song was that played during the Lincoln commercials?
    It's familiar to me, but I can't place it.
    I think it might have played during Lost too.

+ Reply to Thread