+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Life on Mars

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Life on Mars

At first I was thinking that the attitudes towards women in the station are more like those of the 60's than the 70's (by 1973 the women's movement was pretty well established), but then I realized that police work was probably one of the more resistant areas. That helps explain why "no nuts" can stand up to the pressure she's getting. In the outside world women's equality is not a bizarre concept (even if still being fought for) so she presumably has a fair amount of support, and can take that "what are you so afraid of about me?" attitude...instead of being crushed by the rejection she gets from everyone but the "modern man" hero.

Am I the only one watching this show? I never miss it.
    Last Wednesday's show was great. I love it when Sam gets the flashes from the future & the case he's working on relates to some big deal from the future. All the other cops think he's flipping out again. Then he turns out to be right & they start wondering if there's something to his "craziness".
    I also love the "Spaceman" nickname.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

How did he get that nickname? I missed the first couple of episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3355733;
    How did he get that nickname? I missed the first couple of episodes.
    I think it was on the 1st show. When Sam first "lands" in 1973 & walks into the police station, he keeps referring to things from the future. He said something like "I lost my cell" & they all laughed. Then he started talking about computers on desks, amber alerts, & using modern Politically Correct expressions. Michael Imperioli's character (I can't for the life of me remember his name) just dropped the nickname Spaceman on him & it stuck.

He also did the Michael Jackson "spacewalk" move while dancing on top of a desk or table (and maybe fell off?), which they thought was hilarious. Was that when he got the nickname? I can't remember.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3355686;
    Am I the only one watching this show?
    I guess there wasn't enough of us watching, as the show has been canceled. Although, ABC is planning on letting them finished out the rest of the season and let the writers resolve the show. Too bad, I like this show.

Quote Originally Posted by teetoo;3363172;
    I guess there wasn't enough of us watching, as the show has been canceled. Although, ABC is planning on letting them finished out the rest of the season and let the writers resolve the show. Too bad, I like this show.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?? ???

OK, I needed to get that out.
    I'm at least glad that they're letting the show do an end for us. I've been left hanging one too many times by ABC: Invasion, Dirty Sexy Money, Eli Stone, etc. All good things must come to an end (even Lost someday), but we need an end: happy, sad, or in between. I'm glad we're getting one & looking forward to every show they have left.

I'm sad it's being cancelled, but very glad they're going to get to finish it out proper as a series finale rather than an open ended finale.

UGH! Stupid, stupid abc! It's that dreaded 10/9c time slot! Nothing will ever survive there! I have watched EVERY show in that slot since Lost has been on, the ones Miss Scarlett listed, as well as Traveler and The Nine. GRRRRRR! The big pooheads! They better keep their promise and GIVE US CLOSURE, DANGIT!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Gloom, I've just been getting into it. Glad they are going to be able to plan an end though. It seems they are setting it up for him to want to stay, or at least be comfortable about staying, in 1973.
    Did he have a sig other in 2009? If not that would make 1973 more appealing the way things are going with the blonde.

+ Reply to Thread