+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Life on Mars

Re: Life on Mars

The BBC version is one of my favorite shows, and I'm terribly amused by how I could let all of you know how this ends (It's an amazing ending, and I loved it). I haven't actually seen the American version, due to my fear that they will ruin my beloved LoM. Has anyone here seen both, and can tell me how it compares to the original? I heard the beginning of the first episode was the exact same scenes just with American accents. :/

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ah, if you read back a bit (not too hard as there aren't many entries on this show) you will see someone already spilled the beans in a spoiler. Also I think I recall a few comments comparing the two shows.

Oh goodness. I supposed I should have looked a little harder. I just glanced at one page, saw that people were upset that the show is on hiatus, and giggled because I knew how it ended. I'll take a look around.

I just finally got caught up on this series that I had DVR'd and then find out that it's not going to be back on until Jan 28. Heck, if I'd have known that I'd have tried to make the shows I had last a little.

This show has really gotten interesting I think. I didn't read the spoiler, (despite how it called to me) but it sounds like this show will have a limited run if they follow the script of the BBC show. Does anyone know if this is true and how many episodes there are in the series?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Americans rarely follow the script of the British original show if the American version is a hit....don't know what the plans are here, but if it's working it will probably last longer than the Brit version.
    PS Don't worry, twilite-- I only mentioned it because for once there weren't 50 pages to read!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3238444;
    Now I am bummed that we have to wait until 1/28 for new shows! Didn't see that coming.
    We just watched the final 2008 epi tonight. It was from November sometime.... (Our crazy schedule makes DVR watching a pleasure!)

What a cliffhanger!

I love this show, and hope it makes it. Usually, anything I like doesn't make it.

Tonight's the night! Woo-hoo!

Thank goodness. I've actually been missing this show. Whereas with Heroes.. I could take it or leave it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3226963;
    It's not on Fox!! It's on ABC!! That bodes a little better!

I missed the last half of this past week's episode (I was really tired and fell right asleep). Can anyone do a quick recap of the highlights please?
    Um ... Men In Trees, Eli Stone, Dirty Sexy Money, Pushing Daises ... ABC may not dismiss as quick, but they move shows around so often, that they cause confusion, lack of viewership and ultimately, cancellation all by their own doing.

Anyways, I started DVRing the show from the 2nd episode, and recently got caught up (will have to watch the 1st ep online at some point), and I like this show. Annie and Sam need to hook up.

Was there a scheduling error? There was the ep that ends with Sam in the cabin, then the next ep doesn't have anything to do with the cabin, then the ep after that it goes back to the cabin.

I unfortuantely read the spoiler on page 1 (too bad all the warnings not to read it were on page 2).

Quote Originally Posted by teetoo;3334342;
    Annie and Sam need to hook up.

Was there a scheduling error? There was the ep that ends with Sam in the cabin, then the next ep doesn't have anything to do with the cabin, then the ep after that it goes back to the cabin.
    Yeah, I would like to see a love story develop there, but I think Sam is still too much in love with Maya. Maria was just a hookup and now that Sam knows who she really is, nothing more will come of it.

I noticed that too. The last episode before that strange hiatus had Sam going to the cabin. Then when the show came back, about two months later, the first show back had nothing about that cabin. Then the next show did. I had actually forgotten about the cabin until the second show after they came back on. Very odd indeedy!

I find it interesting to see how female cops were being treated in 1973. One of my neighbor's daughters did join NYPD in 1975 or 1976 though, and I think our first reaction was Wow because she was such a petite little thing!

+ Reply to Thread