+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Life on Mars

Re: Life on Mars

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3223328;
    are they all covers? I guess watching "Dancing With the Stars" has fried my brain and if it isn't an over-the-top remake, I can't even spot it anymore. Was it David Bowie in the premier? My guess as to why they're playing covers: money. They can probably get the rights to play it cheaper this way. Atmosphere, but at a lower price, I guess. I read that on Desparate Housewives and other shows they've announced a spending cap on costume budgets to try to keep costs lower for making shows. Makes sense. Act with your skills, folks, not just loud wardrobe, I guess.
    They did play the Bowie version in the opener.

Not all the songs are covers, but enough were to catch my attention.

I'm still really liking this show, and am REALLY sorry I read the spoiler. Curiousity got the better of me.

Alas, it has two things going against its success: I like it, and it's on Fox. Everytime that combination occurs, the program is doomed.

It's not on Fox!! It's on ABC!! That bodes a little better!

I missed the last half of this past week's episode (I was really tired and fell right asleep). Can anyone do a quick recap of the highlights please?

True. It could be much worse... like in that dreaded 10e/9c on Wednesday slot that doomed The Nine, Invasion and just about every other show that was there the past few years. But, alas, what will become of this show come February when Lost comes back? It will either be moved or end it's season early.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3226963;
    It's not on Fox!! It's on ABC!! That bodes a little better!

I missed the last half of this past week's episode (I was really tired and fell right asleep). Can anyone do a quick recap of the highlights please?
    Well, DUH! You're right! Guess I was thinking of Fringe.

Oh I know what you mean about Fringe!!

Very interesting episode this week. Working with his mentor one last time before he finds out that he has passed away. I'm curious to see how everything's going to play out.

I'm glad to see that there are people watching this show! I love it and I am totally hooked.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Oh boy Hepcat - I did take a peek at the spoiler BUT it hasn't ruined it for me. I like the show because of the nostalgia of it. I was very young during this time but I remember and like the music and I love the 70s characters and their non-PC responses - I must say it's a little refreshing.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Now I am bummed that we have to wait until 1/28 for new shows! Didn't see that coming.

LG.

me neither, MamaC. How dare it take two months off. I did not care for Sam finding the strange cabin in the woods where the phone rang and told him to go to the basement. Seemed very much like Lost and the weird moving around cabin that Jacob and Locke hang out in. But this last episode - his dad had disappeared because he had killed a police woman - was Sam sent to the past to save HER from his own dad? And then he remembers seeing the murder at his BIRTHDAY PARTY - how awful. Sam looks awesome (or should I say groovey?) in those tight 70s clothes, by the way, even with the wild collars on the shirts. Finding an address to that house in the bottom right corners of his case files was really weird. I'm really hoping that the next episode he wakes up in the hospital in 1973, having just woken up after surgery for removing the bullet, and the whole "finding the clues and going to the cabin and getting that weird call" were all a trippy, trippy dream. And then he follows the clues from that trippy dream to help crack the next case. But actually having it happen - say it ain't so. They've got 2 months - read this thread and make it so.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Yes, LG, I got such a Lost vibe about that basement too! And also how Lost also has had this weird kind of scheduling for the past couple of seasons. Funny seeing that this will now be coming on right after Lost, once it resumes in January.

I think I am going to rewatch the show tonight or over the weekend because I was trying to figure out the whole red dress/Ann angle/cop killing bit. And I couldn't figure out how he could make sense out of all his old cases to figure out the address to the camp in the woods either.

I like how he will do things 2008-style to the 1973 folks and they just look at him like he is nuts. Last night was the high fives. And when they were waiting by Coney Island when the father of the missing baby was putting the money in the trashcan, Sam mentioned how easy it would be to just put out an Amber Alert. The funniest one was a few weeks back when one of the cops asked him about someone being "queer" (his words, not mine!) and Sam said Rock Hudson and they didn't believe him.

I guess I can wait until January for new episodes. But I am not happy about it!

+ Reply to Thread