+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Starter Wife

Re: The Starter Wife

Carbuncle, I don't think so. All you really need to know is that she was the first wife of a successful Hollywood executive. If you catch a repeat of the first one of the series, she gives you a four minute 'okay, here's how I got here'

I liked it more than I expected to. I liked the miniseries, didn't love it, but liked it enough to watch the whole thing. I was glad to see the new series seems more ongoing than 'okay, we have six hours to wrap this up'. I love that her drunk friend is back, she's my favorite part of it. Also, Molly seems tougher now, which makes sense if the divorce is a year or so ago.
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;3217256;
    Carbuncle, I don't think so. All you really need to know is that she was the first wife of a successful Hollywood executive. If you catch a repeat of the first one of the series, she gives you a four minute 'okay, here's how I got here'

I liked it more than I expected to. I liked the miniseries, didn't love it, but liked it enough to watch the whole thing. I was glad to see the new series seems more ongoing than 'okay, we have six hours to wrap this up'. I love that her drunk friend is back, she's my favorite part of it. Also, Molly seems tougher now, which makes sense if the divorce is a year or so ago.
    Thanks! I actually live in the UK so I have to......appropriate the episodes through other means .

No, you can totally start watching now. They give a good recap in the opening credits.

Also they made a two minute recap of the first season that sums up everything.

Enjoy!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Did anyone catch last week's episode with Lou Mantegna? I wish he would come back as a regular fixture on the show. He and Molly have such great chemistry. And that proposal scene? Wow...

I am kind of getting used to Molly and Zach together now, though, but there is something about him I still don't trust. Thoughts?

Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;3229582;
    Did anyone catch last week's episode with Lou Mantegna? I wish he would come back as a regular fixture on the show. He and Molly have such great chemistry. And that proposal scene? Wow...

I am kind of getting used to Molly and Zach together now, though, but there is something about him I still don't trust. Thoughts?
    I love Lou and I don't think molly is good enough for him! but i agree, he needs to be full-time. in fact, scrap the started wife and do the starter husband, starring lou. that, i could remember to watch.

from what I have seen, Zach is not trustworthy, obviously something has to be wrong with him because we can't expect her to settle into a healthy relationship for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;3229582;

It's Joe Mantegna playing Lou Manahan and he's one of my favorite actors. I don't see how he could be a regular on Starter Wife when he's part of the Criminal Minds cast. I can see him appearing occassionally on Starter Wife, but doing both every week would be awfully difficult even though both are ensemble casts.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3230092;
    from what I have seen, Zach is not trustworthy, obviously something has to be wrong with him because we can't expect her to settle into a healthy relationship for too long.
    I think we got a taste of that from last Friday's episode -- he obviously has some serious jealousy issues to work out with his ex-wife. But I don't think that is necessarily game-ending for them. Do you?

(PS- LOVED David Shea on the horse!!)

Benjamin Franklin.

Anybody know if this is coming back in 2009? I've enjoyed watching it, but the last show, which I assume was the season finale, seemed more like the end of the series the way they "killed off" everyone but Rodney. With Joan on the lam and Zach getting the ax and the baseball player getting traded to SF, it seemed like everyone was riding off into the sunset.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12