+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Helen of Troy

Helen of Troy

Did anyone watch Part 1 tonight? I thought it was very good. A little more revealing than I thought I'd see from USA.

Part 2 is tomorrow night at 8.

Helen of Troy on USA

I've seen the previews and part of the "Making Of" special and thought it looked really good. I forgot to check it out last night, though. I see they're replaying the first part tonight. Maybe I'll tune in. Thanks for the reminder.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I really liked it. It had good fight scenes, naked Helen , and good actors too. I hated Agamemnon...mostly because that actor pulled that nasty character off so well! I suggest that you all catch a repeat.

I'm planning to record it on Saturday. It airs for four consecutive hours right before Nashville Star.

Rufus Sewell is a terrific actor. He's the one who played Agamemnon.

Thanks for the heads-up, Mike!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

I thought it was pretty good, but I didn't like the very very last scene. I felt like the story was just left hanging, but then again I think that is a little bitsy part of what happens from the stories I've read about Helen of Troy.

And yes, Rufus did a terrific job! I just found out his name right now! Thanks Paulie!

Welcome, Wolf. I really liked him in Dark City, too, if you've ever seen that.

+ Reply to Thread