+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Sons of Anarchy

Dreamonia, KS has said it will go 7 seasons. Next season IS the last one.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    What a great episode. I may not have liked everything that happened but it was great storytelling and great acting. Definitely knew Tara wasn't gonna survive thru till the end of the series, and I'm not surprised it was Gemma who did the deed but dayum it was so brutal... close to the level of brutality of Opie's death.
    I was starting to think that perhaps the series would end with Tara as the last one standing, losing Abel to his heart condition, alone with Thomas...basically ending up as Gemma. Oh well, I was really really really wrong. I never liked Tara anyway - but I was definitely shocked at Gemma snapping and killing her the way she did.

Now I'm curious as to how Juice is going to play into Tara's murder. He hid and destroyed all the evidence, so unless Gemma confesses (unlikely), is he now Gemma's co-conspirator? Does he tell Jax what happened or use Gemma to keep Jax from throwing him out of the club, or worse?

Also wondering where they are going to pick up the action in the new season. Right from the scene at Jax's house? With Jax in prison?

Interesting that they are setting up the last season to come full circle, the Sons again enemies with the Mayans. Wonder if they will bring back any other old foes from seasons past (I'm thinking specifically of Zobelle from season 2).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post

Also wondering where they are going to pick up the action in the new season. Right from the scene at Jax's house? With Jax in prison?
    Since next season is the last and final season for the series, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sutter fast-forwards about seven years ahead to the future after Jax' prison sentence is served, and we see Abel and Thomas each about seven years older.

Also, colour me crazy, but for whatever reason, I see the series ending with Jax and Wendy somehow reuniting and raising the boys together. With my fast-forward theory Wendy would be completely clean and would be reliable as a mother. It would be irony at its finest.

Either way...it'll be interesting to see how Kurt goes about the final season.
    AJane and wannasee like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Good theory Bee Stung Lips! Please tell me you see Gemma in prison or worse and NOT raising the boys.
    bee stung lips likes this.

I wonder if with Tara dead Jax will still have to serve his sentence. I don't know what they signed or didn't sign previous to this, only that they made the offer for Jax to plead guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Since next season is the last and final season for the series, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sutter fast-forwards about seven years ahead to the future after Jax' prison sentence is served, and we see Abel and Thomas each about seven years older.

Also, colour me crazy, but for whatever reason, I see the series ending with Jax and Wendy somehow reuniting and raising the boys together. With my fast-forward theory Wendy would be completely clean and would be reliable as a mother. It would be irony at its finest.

Either way...it'll be interesting to see how Kurt goes about the final season.
    That sounds exactly right. Since Jax already confessed to the DA, I assume he will have to go to prison - but for the minimum amount of time, which was the 7 years he mentioned to the club. That would also serve to save Juice.

Hmmm, then maybe it will be Wendy, not Tara, as the last one standing, with one or both of the boys. And I think Kurt Sutter will definitely have Jax die Hamlet's death - but by whose hand, I'm not sure.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Kurt has said the ending, or the overall theme, will be a hopeful one. Based on that, I don't see Jax dying. Parallelism to Hamlet or no, I don't see Jax dying as that would never be a hopeful end. I see Jax doing what he can to finally get the club on the right track... and then leaving it (if there is anyone left to BE the club). Walking away to raise his boys alone, away from Charming.

He's lost his father, his best friend, seen his best friend's wife murdered, seen his beloved wife lose everything and transform into an unrecognizable monster before being brutally murdered, and murdered his stepfather... all because of his beloved Sons. His mother organized the murder of his father; his mother was brutally gang-raped; his stepfather killed his best friend's father. I think the murder of Tara... by his mother... will be the catalyst to take his boys and walk away.

I think everything he's done up to this point was to make things better (ok sure in a really really REALLY convoluted way, I'll agree) so that his boys don't know the life he's known. If Kurt doesn't end the series with Thomas and Abel getting out and away from Charming, I can't see anything "hopeful" about this tragic tale. While I could be wrong and JAX himself doesn't get them out and get out with them, I do have hope/faith/confidence/belief that Thomas and Abel will get out. If that doesn't happen then why the heck did we bother with this series/story for 7 years because there will have been all this bloodshed for absolutely no reason and nothing positive will have come from it.

I think it's fantastic that Kurt chooses to sugarcoat absolutely nothing. This is a violent, dark, ugly world these guys choose to live in and yet, choose they do... if for no other reason than they don't know anything else. For me the hope is that Jax knows there is something else. Being with Tara, someone who didn't come from that life, showed him there's not only something else but something better. Sadly, within the context of "the club" it too was slaughtered by the self-consuming monster known as The Sons of Anarchy. His only real achievable goal is to get his children out and away, and I think he will now be willing to sacrifice anything, even himself, to do it.

But then again, what the heck do I know
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 12-15-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I don't know anything either except I like your ending Marlena_M.
    I think Tara's death will push Jax into a reformed clean lifestyle with Abel and Thomas. I'm hoping.
    Marlena_M likes this.

I came across this casting update for next season. Just in case someone doesn't want to know, I'll put the link in spoiler tag since the link name pretty much gives it away.
    Read on if you are interested
    To me, it does give an indication of where things are heading in the and final season.

Well that kind of bums me out in a little but interests me in another way.

+ Reply to Thread