+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

Re: Sons of Anarchy

I was expecting violence/death but still shocked how it played out. I don't know how Jax can get away with so much and it not catch up with him. Not sure how they can make a clean break from getting out the gun business with the IRA yet.

Nero will probably distance himself after this last episode. At least he is smart enough not to marry Gemma to become another statistic. Interesting how both Unser and Nero tried to talk sense with Gemma, both the men in love with her and willing to guide her.

Hope Tara keeps her wits about her but I sense it is just going to get worse for her before it gets better.
    wannasee likes this.

Wow..I really wasn't expecting that. They had to take their revenge on the Irish at some point, but I kind of thought it would be after the new gun pipeline was in place.

Jax needs to learn you can't just kill anyone you disagree with. In saying everything is all taken care of now he seems to have forgotten about the Chinese, and I saw some very ticked off looking Chinese people with guns in the previews. It will be interesting to see if Jax has a plan in place for dealing with them, or if he's just had too much on his plate to figure that part out yet.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Jax is no dummy.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Thanks for the info AJane.

It's such a violent, amoral show why not kill the kids? It would be the ultimate `the sins of the father (and his father and mother...)' It's an ugly show. Killing the innocents would be the ultimate in reflecting reality. Because real children die every single day due to the stupidity of their `family members.' To me, I don't think his kids being killed would have any sort of long lasting negative effect on Jax, anyhow. He is pretty much a sociopath. To me, a fitting ending that would ring true is the kids dying and Jax and the other guilty parties go on same as it ever was. By that maybe they end up in jail or dead, but it just doesn't make any difference to them, the way it would to someone normal. It's all part of the life. These are horrible people. I don't think they even care about the kids the way viewers assume they do. I mean, it's all about power and the kids are just part of retaining dominance over others.
    Debb70 likes this.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    It's such a violent, amoral show why not kill the kids? It would be the ultimate `the sins of the father (and his father and mother...)' It's an ugly show. Killing the innocents would be the ultimate in reflecting reality. Because real children die every single day due to the stupidity of their `family members.' To me, I don't think his kids being killed would have any sort of long lasting negative effect on Jax, anyhow. He is pretty much a sociopath. To me, a fitting ending that would ring true is the kids dying and Jax and the other guilty parties go on same as it ever was. By that maybe they end up in jail or dead, but it just doesn't make any difference to them, the way it would to someone normal. It's all part of the life. These are horrible people. I don't think they even care about the kids the way viewers assume they do. I mean, it's all about power and the kids are just part of retaining dominance over others.
    Nope, still don't want to see small children murdered, regardless of how violent and amoral the adults are. I just don't. Plus, as it was pointed out, we've already had a "child in jeopardy" story that gave the actors a chance to do that sort of storyline. I think it would be lazy storytelling and Kurt Sutter is anything but lazy.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Good points. I don't want to see the kids killed, but IMO, Jax and Gemma really don't mind if we look at their actions. And even if the kids aren't killed immediately, their dad and grandmother want to give them a life sentence of death and destruction, so that even if they do survive....what do they have but a miserable, crime filled life. Most people want better for their kids.

I think I could stomach all the mayhem more, if little kids were involved.

I guess I'm hoping that Nero and Tara take off with the kids and disappear and the rest either go on with their lives or go to prison.
    redsox girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Good points. I don't want to see the kids killed, but IMO, Jax and Gemma really don't mind if we look at their actions. And even if the kids aren't killed immediately, their dad and grandmother want to give them a life sentence of death and destruction, so that even if they do survive....what do they have but a miserable, crime filled life. Most people want better for their kids.

I think I could stomach all the mayhem more, if little kids were involved.

I guess I'm hoping that Nero and Tara take off with the kids and disappear and the rest either go on with their lives or go to prison.
    I started to get very queasy about the show when Gemma was gang raped. I couldn't watch it. It bothered me so much I felt nauseated. I wondered if I could keep watching the show. I am not good with graphic violence. I don't have to see it to experience the raw emotion. I try to focus on the story telling, appreciating the writing, but this is one brutal show to watch, for me personally. And I'm someone who watches the True Crime channel lol
    I too hope Nero comes out of this with the kids intact and free from a life that is really nothing more than a prison sentence. A downward spiral into absolute moral decay. You hit the nail on the head perfectly in describing what awaits these boys if they are left with `the family.' I'm still in this for Nero. Should something terrible happen to him, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Nope, still don't want to see small children murdered, regardless of how violent and amoral the adults are. I just don't. Plus, as it was pointed out, we've already had a "child in jeopardy" story that gave the actors a chance to do that sort of storyline. I think it would be lazy storytelling and Kurt Sutter is anything but lazy.
    I appreciate your viewpoint. I can see both sides of the issue.

I guess we all have our sensitive areas. I missed the part when Gemma's character was raped. That's terrible. I'm still not a fan of hers though. I did see Clay beat her up terribly and I detested Clay after that.

I got upset with Jax when he seriously hit a woman on the show. It was someone he thought had brought some danger around his kid, but that was just an excuse. For some reason a man who seriously hits and knocks a woman around bothers me more than if he seriously hits a man of equal size.

+ Reply to Thread