+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

Re: Sons of Anarchy

I have to say, I think Ron Perlman did a great job this season. That scene in the "chapel" was amazing. Hilarious and then horrifying. I'm glad he got to play a scene like that before he went out. I wasn't shocked that Clay was finally killed, but it was still shocking in a weird way. I guess there have been so many times when I thought he'd get killed that I didn't think it would happen so far from the end of the series. After all, Claudius doesn't die until the final scene of Hamlet.

Really though, the show isn't adhering to Hamlet completely, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. After all Opie died pretty early whereas Laertes makes it until the end of the play. I just have to wonder if EVERYONE will be dead in the final episode. I enjoy the drama of it all, but I really hope for a slightly happy - or at least not horribly depressing - ending to the series.

I'm SO happy that Bobby pulled through. I gasped when I realized he was the one who got shot.

I was reading an interview with Kurt Sutter and he talked about how, after Opie (), it would be very hard for him to kill off one of the core guys - Chibs, Tig, Bobby, Juice, etc. Of course, he didn't say he wouldn't do it, just that it would be hard.

AJane - now you have me worried for Nero! I've always liked Jimmy Smits (although I hated him on Dexter because I didn't like the storyline) but I have to say that this is my favorite role for him. Like I mentioned way upthread, I forgot what a good actor he is until I saw him on this show. I really hope he sticks around until the end. I really think he balanced Gemma out nicely. Still, as much as I love him, I couldn't help feeling for Unser at the end there. He's been pining for Gemma for what? Decades now?

Totally rooting for a Jax/Tara reunion. Maybe I'm imagining it, but I think she was glad that Jax killed Clay. She certainly could list his crimes quickly to Nero in the car. It's obvious she's feeling conflicted
    MiniDiva likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

From everything I've read Sutter has been pretty open that the series isn't going to end well. I'd kind of like to see Tara get killed or her and one of the boys and see Jax lose everything. I think that would be an interesting spot to be in.

I don't want one of those little boys to be killed. I don't care how much of a dramatic plot point it would be.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I don't think the boys will be killed, but I think anyone else is fair game. I kind of visualize Jax going in an accident like his father, somehow orchestrated by Tara. I think I would prefer Jax dying than a wishy-washy Dexter-like fate, but I will cry buckets when it happens.

I think the boys - Abel & Thomas - will go to be a 3rd generation of Sons.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

For dramatic purposes I still would like to see Jax deal with the death of one or both of the boys. They're an important plot device here and what everyone is hinging their decisions on at this point. If that changes it would tip the scales and set of a chain of events that would ripple through everyone which would be interesting to see.

This is one of those shows I totally don't watch for the warm fuzzies. I'm in it for the depressing violent and slightly more realistic view of what that life is like. It won't end well. And since we're on that trajectory already might as well go big or go home. I kind of want to see if Sutter has the cajones to to make everyone fair game on the show too by the end.
    bee stung lips likes this.

I don't watch this show for warm fuzzies either, but I still don't want to see small children killed.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Wow... it really is the end of a the Clay era. Didn't see that one coming until the last possible second. But I guess there really was nowhere else for them to go with the character. Geez...

Now as for Tara....hmm....
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    For dramatic purposes I still would like to see Jax deal with the death of one or both of the boys. They're an important plot device here and what everyone is hinging their decisions on at this point. If that changes it would tip the scales and set of a chain of events that would ripple through everyone which would be interesting to see.

This is one of those shows I totally don't watch for the warm fuzzies. I'm in it for the depressing violent and slightly more realistic view of what that life is like. It won't end well. And since we're on that trajectory already might as well go big or go home. I kind of want to see if Sutter has the cajones to to make everyone fair game on the show too by the end.
    I see what you're saying, but I think a grieving-father storyline would be obvious and, well, boring. We already had the Abel kidnapping which was the backdrop to the weakest SOA season. And this season we had the school shooting, where Sutter paid homage to the pain of a parent who lost a child (the murderous/suicidal father of one of the victims). When it ends, it will necessarily be ugly and bloody. But I will be a little disappointed if there's no legacy, and only Abel and Thomas can provide that.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

man this season has certainly left my jaw hanging....I have no clue where Sutter is going with it....but it is GOOD and SHOCKING....

sad to hear that next season will be the final one....hearing of a spin off....just don't know why you need to end SOA then.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    man this season has certainly left my jaw hanging....I have no clue where Sutter is going with it....but it is GOOD and SHOCKING....

sad to hear that next season will be the final one....hearing of a spin off....just don't know why you need to end SOA then.
    The spinoff would be about the early years before the current club.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    dreamonia likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread