+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

Re: Sons of Anarchy

Critical, thanks, I know that it's not spoilery but...I was offline for quite a long time and it felt kinda weird to be the first one in after a new episode! I just had a feeling Tara and Wendy were working together and I also wonder if Tara is really pregnant...have to watch everything another time to see if I missed something with that but that's my feeling. All the good stuff I was feeling about the episode - more Chibs, Tig is alive, Unser seems to be on board to help get those kids out of Charming, Roosevelt getting that the evidence was planted and having suspicions about Toric. All that and then feeling so bummed out about Filthy Phil and the other guy...

Have to agree with Bee Stung Lips about Otto being out of his misery at last and taking out Toric on the way. I thought also that Clay would give him that shiv/shank whatever and he would kill himself but getting Toric was poetic. I do wonder what will keep them busy the rest of the episode...

The episode titles, I always just look up the meanings and some I don't know, but this one, "Wolfsangle," means wolf hook in German and can mean literally a gruesome device that traps a wolf but also can mean "heraldic changes," according to Wiki. Previously, Poenetentia, having to do with regret and atonement. One-one-six for the Shakespeare Toric read. And "Straw," with so many things that could attach: House of straw, straw man, last straw...very interesting!

I wasn't happy with last night at all. This is the second explosion at TM and we saw it coming as soon as the Belfast King told Jax to be at the table for 8 pm. I'm glad everyone was spared, though. The scene for the "conjugal visit" was the best part of the episode - great acting on the parts of Katey Sagal and Ron Perlman. Very tense, and very reminiscent of Jax/Tara a couple of weeks ago.

Speaking of Ron Perlman. He & Tommy Flanagan were in my neck of the woods a little while ago. I snapped some (very bad) pics of them making their way to their autograph signings (which I am just too cheap to pay for ). My husband did get to meet Tommy. My husband is a very big guy, long hair & beard, actually looks more biker than the actors. He was next to Tommy and greeted him in passing, and Tommy said, "Hi, darlin'" in that great brogue of his. My husband burst out laughing and they shook hands. Tommy came back a couple of hours later and it so happened my husband was in the area again. They waved to each other and Tommy approached him and apologized for calling him darling. I didn't get that up-close and personal with either of them, darn it, but I did go to Ron Perlman's panel. He was lovely, very personable, and completely unlike Clay.

Anyway, here are two very bad iphone pictures. We have better ones but haven't downloaded them yet. The one of Tommy Flanagan was snapped by one of my daughters while he was chatting up my husband.

photo 1.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Thanks for the pics!

Do we know for sure that everyone made it out of the clubhouse before it went up? I was worried Juice or one of the other characters Sutter seems hell-bent on killing off the show,may not have had time to get out.

Anyway, it's plain to see who SAMCRO will be feuding with for most of this season - the Irish. I can't wait until Galen goes down. Can't stand him. Never could.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Great news for fans of Charlie Hunnam: Charlie Hunnam drops out of Fifty Shades of Grey Film

I'm SO glad he came to his senses and got out! I was worried that being in that dreck would harm his career.
    MiniDiva likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I agree, Critical. So glad he's out - I really like Charlie and really could not get onboard with his decision. Maybe after his "blockbuster" movie Pacific Rim tanked this year he thought longer and harder about doing another high profile project. Either way, regardless of why he's out, I'm glad he's out.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Venus Van Damme. That is all.
    Critical, MiniDiva and wannasee like this.

Those scenes were excellent! I loved that they were with Gemma.

Bobby is back! I just KNEW he wasn't really leaving.
    AJane, bee stung lips and MiniDiva like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Enjoyed Charlie's performance last nice especially the wicked smile at the end. It was good comic relief for SAMCRO and fans who watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Those scenes were excellent! I loved that they were with Gemma.

Bobby is back! I just KNEW he wasn't really leaving.
    I loved the scene between VVD and Gemma. Touching, yet hilarious as the same time. Poor Venus... At first I was certain s/he was going to tell Gemma that he was a long time lover of Nero's. I think Gemma was worried that's what s/he was going to tell her too.

And thank God Bobby is back...something has definitely been missing in the club without him.

EDIT: another thing...whatever happened to Marcus Alvarez and his (the Mexican) club?

Good ole Bobby was out recruiting new club members and Jax didn't know it. They are definitely working on the brotherhood -- now all they need is a club house.

+ Reply to Thread