+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Sons of Anarchy

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I shared that pic with a fellow (female) SOA fan. She is very grateful. I've seen some beefcake pictures of Charlie Hunnam but that is exceptional.

I don't know what I'm going to watch now...I've literally spent months catching up on the series and watching the new season. Nothing has captured my attention like this in years.
    AJane, if you're taking recommendations.... BREAKING BAD!!!
    BlondeOne likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Breaking Bad is great!

Thank you for the picture

Great interview with Kim Coates about the season finale and lots of other stuff: 'Sons of Anarchy': Kim Coates talks Tig's fate | Inside TV | EW.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Sons of Anarchy

Thanks Crit. I heart Tig. Kim Coates is from a former stomping-ground of mine, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Have seen him in ads now with other Canadian stars - so glad he's getting so much recognition now.

I've been told to start watching Breaking Bad - how many seasons is it so far?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re Kim Coates...agree that it's good to see him finally receiving so much recognition. For so many years I'd only seen him play the token villian in movies and never anything beyond that. So it's good he's found a niche on SOA. As a Haligonian, I am proud to say Kim has ties to the Neptune Theatre here in Halifax. He's used to perform here years ago before going on to make his mark in Hollywood. Although I never got to see him perform there, it's good to know this used to be one of his old stomping grounds.

Breaking Bad: tried to get into this show last year...couldn't do it. Found it boring as hell.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Re Kim Coates...agree that it's good to see him finally receiving so much recognition. For so many years I'd only seen him play the token villian in movies and never anything beyond that. So it's good he's found a niche on SOA. As a Haligonian, I am proud to say Kim has ties to the Neptune Theatre here in Halifax. He's used to perform here years ago before going on to make his mark in Hollywood. Although I never got to see him perform there, it's good to know this used to be one of his old stomping grounds.

Breaking Bad: tried to get into this show last year...couldn't do it. Found it boring as hell.
    Me too. I tried several times and just didn't like it. Not a fan of Bryan Cranston, so maybe that's part of the problem. I'd recommend The Wire.

I have to say, that interview made me nervous, what with Kim talking about when Tig could die. We already know that all bets are off as to who's going to die and when, although I think it's safe to say that Jax and Gemma will likely make it to the end. If SOA is based on Hamlet, then Kurt Sutter has already gone "off script" by killing Opie (Laertes) before the finale act. Obviously SOME of the guys have to survive, but I just don't want to lose any of them.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Breaking Bad is a PHENOMENAL show. Best. Series. Ever. That said, it's a show that must be watched from the beginning... the pilot and then each episode of each season in order. I didn't start watching until just before Season 5 started... I started with the first season pilot and I was HOOKED from there. I could never imagine Bryan Cranston in something like this because I enjoyed him in the early episodes of Malcolm in the Middle. Now? Now I can't fathom how Bryan Cranston ever did Malcolm! LOL! If you can't start with the pilot, Breaking Bad is not the right show for you because it's way too hard to figure out anything otherwise.

As much as I love Tig, I've seen Kim Coates in a lot of other roles and there's something just borderline disturbing about him for me. I'm glad he survived the season... and I'm glad Juice survived too. Losing Opie this season was enough for me. I couldn't take another Son going down.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Breaking Bad is a PHENOMENAL show. Best. Series. Ever. That said, it's a show that must be watched from the beginning... the pilot and then each episode of each season in order. I didn't start watching until just before Season 5 started... I started with the first season pilot and I was HOOKED from there. I could never imagine Bryan Cranston in something like this because I enjoyed him in the early episodes of Malcolm in the Middle. Now? Now I can't fathom how Bryan Cranston ever did Malcolm! LOL! If you can't start with the pilot, Breaking Bad is not the right show for you because it's way too hard to figure out anything otherwise.
    I tried watching it right from the very beginning episodes, wanted so bad to like it, but it just wouldn't click for me.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I tried watching it right from the very beginning episodes, wanted so bad to like it, but it just wouldn't click for me.
    That was me and both Dexter and True Blood.

It took me a couple tries to get into Breaking Bad. I tried to watch the pilot and couldn't get through it so, I skipped ahead a few episodes and was hooked and then went back and watched the others.

+ Reply to Thread