+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

Re: Sons of Anarchy

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Sorry, Wannasee, what's bugging you? Are you trying to figure out how Lee Toric fits into everything... or about Donal Logue? Happy to help if I can
    lol No, just how his character fits into the story - is the nurse a wife, relative, etc. and what all does he know of how Tara facilitated Otto murdering her? (For some reason, that the actors are real-life sibs, for some reason that limits in my mind what their show relationship is...if that makes any sense?) We're also so close to the end of the season, I can't see how it will all get tied up...or maybe not get tied up!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Maybe it sets up something for next season? Hmmmmm....

On another topic, remember how I'd been spazzing over how "fat" Jax looked at the start of the season (see post 212)? Well, Charlie Hunnam (Jax) is on this week's cover of Entertainment Weekly and reveals that while filming another project he hurt his back and hasn't been able to work out for 7+ months. That's why we haven't seen him bare much this season. I feel so vindicated! hahahah
    bee stung lips likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Sons of Anarchy

A friend at work says she's read rumors online that Bearded Guy is JT or JT's brother. It's true we have never heard nor seen anything of JT's family, just Gemma's. I don't think he's JT but I guess it's entirely possible he is a family member of Jax's from his father's side.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Oh my goodness! The season finale (although I lament that it's coming way too soon) is going to be off the chain! I can't wait...and yes, I think that bearded guy is probably John Teller's brother...makes sense to me...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Wow. Next week's episode title is Darthy

I was all but set to believe Lee Toric (who you guys have named Bearded Guy) is enacting vengeance for the death of the prison nurse... either her brother, husband, boyfriend or something in that vein. But then the title Darthy... immediately I think of Darth Vader and "someone's acting rather Darthy, I'd say"... and then my brain goes to "Luuuuke.. I am yo faaa-thaaaaa"... and then I jump to "holy crap is it JT????????" as in Jax's father John Teller?

At that point, my brain explodes.

But the timing of it seems all wrong for it to be JT. I mean if he's upset with Otto for something I would think it would be more when he turned and got the RICO case *started* and not now when he's committed a jailhouse murder (yeah, bad move Otto, bad move) which makes his testimony *for* the RICO case all but worthless and gets the club off the RICO-hook. Just doesn't ring true to me. But then again, what the hay do I know.

1) How could John Teller not be dead? Ok yeah sure I know it's a TV show but it's a Kurt Sutter TV show so I doubt we'll ever see a Bobby-Ewing-Shower-Dallas-Dream situation
    2) How could John Teller ever ever ever ever become a US Marshall? We know Lee Toric is a retired US Marshall and I don't see how John Teller could become a US Marshall

Questions questions questions and right now not enough answers.
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 11-25-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Wow. Next week's episode title is Darthy

I was all but set to believe Lee Toric (who you guys have named Bearded Guy) is enacting vengeance for the death of the prison nurse... either her brother, husband, boyfriend or something in that vein. But then the title Darthy... immediately I think of Darth Vader and "someone's acting rather Darthy, I'd say"... and then my brain goes to "Luuuuke.. I am yo faaa-thaaaaa"... and then I jump to "holy crap is it JT????????" as in Jax's father John Teller?

At that point, my brain explodes.

But the timing of it seems all wrong for it to be JT. I mean if he's upset with Otto for something I would think it would be more when he turned and got the RICO case *started* and not now when he's committed a jailhouse murder (yeah, bad move Otto, bad move) which makes his testimony *for* the RICO case all but worthless and gets the club off the RICO-hook. Just doesn't ring true to me. But then again, what the hay do I know.

1) How could John Teller not be dead? Ok yeah sure I know it's a TV show but it's a Kurt Sutter TV show so I doubt we'll ever see a Bobby-Ewing-Shower-Dallas-Dream situation
    2) How could John Teller ever ever ever ever become a US Marshall? We know Lee Toric is a retired US Marshall and I don't see how John Teller could become a US Marshall

Questions questions questions and right now not enough answers.

My brain exploded right along with yours...

The whole John Teller being alive thing just doesn't sit well with me. After all, the Irish woman who put John's letter's in Jax' bag when they were over in Ireland knew he was dead too, right? So where would John's letters "his voice from the grave" so-to-speak, fit in with John being alive storyline?

I'm more inclined to believe the bearded guy is John's brother and there to avenge his brother's death in some way.

But oh, I do love your Darth Vader analogy...good one...really good! And honestly, I think the Darth Vader reference would be more in reference to Jax discovering that Clay is his father, and that whole bit, especially with the bad blood between these two right now. And does anyone remember on last week's episode when Clay kept referring to Jax as "son"? He kept saying, "Well son.. this and son that..blah, blah, blah etc", and Jax, yelled at him, "Don't call me that. I'm not your son!" Well what better way to foreshadow Jax having to eat those words than by making Clay his father?

I'm thinking the Darthy / Darth Vader analogy you pointed out is actually going to end up being Jax and Clay, father and son. I mean what better way to up the conflict between these two???!!

And considering some of the storylines Sutter has dreamt up over the course of this series, you very well could be right. One thing I've learned is that those weekly show titles are just titles for the sake of being titles, they actually mean something significant.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 11-26-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    Marlena_M likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Ok BSL... I can go there! I can go with Clay being Jax's real father and certainly a helluva lot more than I can go with Lee Toric somehow being John Teller.

IMO, there's NO WAY that Clay could be Jax's real father. If Kurt Sutter wanted some ambiguity on that, he wouldn't have cast Ron Perlmann or the actor who "plays" JT. The latter is beautiful and RP is, well, not. I think it's much more likely that Lee Toric has a close connection to JT, either as a family member (brother, cousin) or a childhood friend.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I don't know what I think about Clay siring Jax, but I like how your guys' minds work on possible plots!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    IMO, there's NO WAY that Clay could be Jax's real father. If Kurt Sutter wanted some ambiguity on that, he wouldn't have cast Ron Perlmann or the actor who "plays" JT. The latter is beautiful and RP is, well, not. I think it's much more likely that Lee Toric has a close connection to JT, either as a family member (brother, cousin) or a childhood friend.
    I agree. The only thing that I can't quite figure out is why he would be surfacing now.

It may also be that the connection is to Tara, not Jax. We haven't had anyone from Tara's family appear yet - I can't recall why she left Charming as a teenager. Was it because her mother died?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread