+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

Re: Sons of Anarchy

Holy crap. Jimmy Smits. Wow. I'd almost forgotten what a good actor he is. That scene with Nero and Gemma at the end of the episode was SO good.

I'm sure Kurt Sutter knows exactly where he's going, but I can't imagine how he's going to wrap it up in only two episodes. Nice that FX has been giving him 90 minutes. Hopefully, that means we'll get two extra long episodes to finish the season.....and no, I can't believe we're already looking down the barrel of the season finale.
    AJane, bee stung lips and wannasee like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Sons of Anarchy

Smits was also great in the scene in his crew's living room. I liked how he completely dropped his cool facade and turned back into the gangbanger he said he used to be. I actually jumped when he shot that guy in the head.

My husband & I are arguing about the contents of the safe. I think there has to be something in there Clay is hiding, but he thinks it's just about Jax finding the stolen documents so be can nail Clay with the Nomad home invasions & Rita's murder.

Now who is the guy with the beard? (The one who looks like Opie would have looked like at age 50? ) The murdered nurse's husband?
    wannasee likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Smits was also great in the scene in his crew's living room. I liked how he completely dropped his cool facade and turned back into the gangbanger he said he used to be. I actually jumped when he shot that guy in the head.

My husband & I are arguing about the contents of the safe. I think there has to be something in there Clay is hiding, but he thinks it's just about Jax finding the stolen documents so be can nail Clay with the Nomad home invasions & Rita's murder.

Now who is the guy with the beard? (The one who looks like Opie would have looked like at age 50? ) The murdered nurse's husband?
    In the safe were the letters from JT and birth/death certificates. I could not see who they were for though. Gemma said she was looking for them when they were in the garage.
    That being said, whenever I think I have things somewhat figured out, it changes. LOL

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeOne View Post
    I think my problem with Tara is it isn't me. ROFL

I should watch The Shield. The man who created it is from here. Kurt Sutter is amazing!
    Yes, The Shield is up there in my TOP 5 TV SERIES OF ALL TIME (right along with Sons, of course). That is indeed where Kurt got his start - he did great work there (no surprise).

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I did not get to watch this episode until last night. I had to avoid this thread (which was hard to do! LOL!).

Jimmy Smits? Wow. I totally agree with Critical that I'd forgotten just how dang good he is! Wow! The scene at the end where he shows up at Gemma's house was so powerful. You could just totally tell how mixed up, conflicted, confused etc he is. Every emotion went through him and came out in his face. I wanted to cry. I wanted to hug him and make it all better (same that I feel for Huck on ABC's Scandal... but I digress). Nero popped those boys essentially for nothing since they didn't have Jax. He does love Gemma... I believe that... but I don't understand it. It just happened a bit too quickly for me. He's hung in there with her as she's done some really crazy crap... crap that would tell me she's 6 cups-o-crazy in a 3 cup bowl. But he's damaged so I can't begin to think he'd see the same stuff I would. The guy that remarked about Nero's handicapped son... he crossed the "oh-no-you-didn't-talk-about-my-kid-or-my-momma" line. He pulled the pin on the grenade... it just took a while for the explosion to occur.

I'm trying to figure out the Lee Toric angle. While I do love me some Donal Logue and will watch him in anything (evidenced by the fact I actually watched Terriers which I did not care for in the least) I don't (yet) know what his beef is with Otto. I'm assuming it's related to Otto killing the prison nurse in previous episode. Interesting side note, the nurse was played by Donal Logue's real life twin sister Karina. ANYWAY... so Toric got into Otto's cell in jail to beat the crap out of him... and then he was able to visit Otto from the outside and deliver the message that his future is going to be filled with nothing but bad. He also was in Tara's hospital at the end. Sutter's not wasting an actor like Logue on a throw-away part so I'm sure Toric will factor prominently in the next two episodes at least. Toric may be getting redemption for the nurse's murder... or... he could be getting back at Otto for putting Tara in the position she's in. I doubt it's the latter but only time will tell.

Jax is a dangerous man at this point. Bobby had repeatedly warned him about his behavior. Even when Bobby told Jax how epic his move was getting the club out of the situation with the Irish and the Cartel, it seemed he did so just to remind Jax "stop being a bad-ass, you've done some REAL EPIC GOOD with that move, don't blow it!!". The scene at the end when Bobby went to Clay could be seen a couple of different ways. Maybe Bobby was protecting Clay from Jax... or... maybe Bobby is thinking Jax is no longer good for the club. Again, only time will tell.

Anyway, enough of my rambling about Sons. Have a great Thanksgiving!!!
    wannasee likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Wanted to add... Lee Toric is retired US Marshall Lee Toric. That makes it even MORE interesting!
    bee stung lips likes this.

You all have pretty much said everything I was thinking - wow for Jimmy Smits, who is the bearded guy to Otto, how is this thing gonna wrap up?! I KNEW when Jax told Juice not to let Clay alone in that house...he would end up alone in that house. The scene where Nero came to Gemma at the end and he found out from Clay Jax was ok and it wasn't his crew tore my heart out!
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I'm always late posting my thoughts on the show because I always end up watching it taped a day later. Nonetheless...

Oh my so good! So good! Twists and turns GALORE! Those Jimmy Smits and Katie Sagal scenes are totally Emmy-worthy. I have visions of Clay blowing Nero's head off by the end of the season and that prospect doesn't make me happy at all. I want Nero to stay, dammit!

Not sure who the heck the bearded guy at the prison was, but I'm sure he'll figure very interestingly into the remaining episodes.

So Tara is going ahead with her plains to take the job opportunity I see...can't imagine how that's all going to work.

Unser seems to be on his "last legs" so to speak. Think we may be seeing the last of him.

Clay = so, so evil.

Jax = totally ruthless these past few episodes...felt so bad for Juice. I wanted so bad to hug him and tell him everything would all be okay....poor baby.

That scene with Jax, Chibbs, Happy, Tig and Bobby spinning out in the car in the desert had be LOL-ing BIG time....crazy bastards, all of 'em!

Regarding the remaining episodes this season, I thought I had read somewhere that Sutter go the go ahead to do fifteen episodes this season instead of fourteen...maybe I was just dreaming that, but could have sworn I read it on SOA's Facebook page.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 11-22-2012 at 08:12 PM.
    wannasee likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

So, I'm really driving myself crazy, trying to figure out the bearded guy. It's not helping finding out from M-M's post that he and the murdered nurse are real-life twins?!

Bee stung, you reminded me that a friend and I were talking about that scene with the guys shooting out of the car, rolling it and taking right off. Those Teller-Morrow mechanics must really be good!

Sorry, Wannasee, what's bugging you? Are you trying to figure out how Lee Toric fits into everything... or about Donal Logue? Happy to help if I can

+ Reply to Thread