+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

Sons of Anarchy

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Harold Perrineau was also Michael on LOST.
    I have never seen a single episode of Lost, but I did see that when I googled him. He was so great as Augustus...hard to stand out in a stellar cast like OZ.

Regarding Juice...I used to think he might be one of the more expendable Sons, but as Clay's new confidante, I think he might have more staying power.

Ever since season 2, I have been waiting for them to kill off Hap. It's not that I dislike him, but sometimes he just seems like a Tig knockoff.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Re: Sons of Anarchy

I've felt like Juice's days were numbered since last season. I'll be sad to see him go, but not surprised. The fact that Clay is the person he told his secret to makes it even more likely that he'll die. I won't be surprised if Clay sets him up and then murders him for his own purposes.

Like several others, I've been pleasantly surprised at how well Jimmy Smits has blended into the existing cast. I HATED him on Dexter, so I was worried he wouldn't be right for SOA. I agree that between him and Clay, Nero is most likely to be killed, but I wish that wasn't the case. I've enjoyed his relationship with Gemma and his interactions with Jax.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Sons of Anarchy

Yeah, the Dexter turn was a miss for him. That may have been partly due to the way the character was written. I just remember not enjoying him at all. Nero, however, is a great character. I think this is my favorite Smits performance yet.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

It's my second favorite - NYPD Blue will always be my favorite from him. I'll never forget that sweet moment when Andy and Sylvia got married and Bobby leaned over and whispered, "Hey Andy, look at that pretty girl." Don't get me started on Bobby's death =

You're right that it's about how the character is written. Kurt Sutter is a master. I think of all the guest stars on the show, Jimmy Smits has integrated with the cast the best. If Nero is killed, I'll definitely be sorry to see him go.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Sons of Anarchy

Heh, I was thinking of his L.A. Law days. Lord, I'm old.

One death this season I would bet a paycheque on - Unser. His cancer storyline makes me wonder if he was originally supposed to be a shorter-term character and Sutter changed his mind after seeing the great chemistry between him & Gemma in season 2 (all seasons are great but 2 is my favorite).
    bee stung lips and wannasee like this.

Oh, I loved him as Sifuentes too, but Bobby Simone is my favorite Smits character. With LA Law, I really didn't like him with Susan Dey. I always wanted Grace with Michael on that show.

I had the same thought about Unser. The cancer diagnosis seemed like an easy way to get rid of him OR make him a target to be killed because hey, he was going to die anyway. Frankly, I'm shocked he's survived this long. The longer he's on the show, the harder it's going to be to see him go.

I don't want to see any of the Sons die, but I'd rather see Juice go than my favorites: Jax (and, really, we know that's not going to happen), Bobby, Tig and Chibbs.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Heh, I was thinking of his L.A. Law days. Lord, I'm old.

One death this season I would bet a paycheque on - Unser. His cancer storyline makes me wonder if he was originally supposed to be a shorter-term character and Sutter changed his mind after seeing the great chemistry between him & Gemma in season 2 (all seasons are great but 2 is my favorite).
    Wow, yes, remember that show? It was packed solid with hunks. Blair Underwood, a then very good looking, imo, Harry Hamlin, Jimmy Smits.

I sure hope Sutter decides to keep him around a little while longer.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Sorry, I gotta cast my "vote" for Victor Sifuentes. Probably cuz I "met him there" first Oh yes, LA Law was filled with mighty fine eye-candy... in suits. Those were the good ol days! LOL!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Sons of Anarchy

Well, I found time to watch last night and although it was again more low-key than usual, the end left me worried for Juice's future. Or is Jax following him a red herring? Haven't decided.

Also...WTF is in that perfume?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Yes I am very worried for Juice. There were several parts of the episode that I could not bring myself to watch... and then FF'd thru to see how it turned out and THEN went back to watch it. Totally suspenseful. Once was when they were all in the cabin with Frankie and the other was when Otto asked Tara to unbind his one hand. Oh and yeah, for the record, AJane, I'm wanting to know WTF is with that perfume

I was thinking about Tara's feelings about Clay vs. her feelings about Gemma. Yes, Gemma has more than once played hardball with Tara and done things that were unkind toward Tara... and Lord knows those two have a history from before Tara returned to Charming as a practicing MD... and Gemma has put Abel & Thomas at risk (indirectly, through bad decisions that had consequences, she never set out to directly put them at risk at all) but that's nothing compared to Clay. Clay has ordered a hit on Tara... he wanted her dead and even told Romero (after the botched hit) that they were best served if Tara was dead. Tara knows the reason she was abducted in the first place and nearly lost her hand during the ordeal, was because of Clay and his hit on her life. Yes, Tara is very angry and "done" with Gemma but she'd rather let Gemma back if it means they get rid of Clay for good than continue the bad blood with Gemma and still have Clay around.
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 11-07-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread