+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Sons of Anarchy

Am I the only one who thought the fight between Gemma, Tara and Carla was just ridiculously violent? Seems I'm ok with it when it's the guys... but when it's the women... and it's THAT violent... it bothers me. Just seemed unnecessarily overboard. It didn't bother me when Gemma gave Emma Jean the beat down the week before. It surely bothered me this week with Gemma, Tara and Carla though. And trust me, I'm NO prude to violence. I'm always the one cheering "bring it on" and "you go" and "hit em again"

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I'm a week behind, but will catch up this weekend.

I will say that I can't handle extreme violence on women in tv shows. I recall a scene where Jax hit a woman last season and it turned me off big time. (She had taken a gun to where his kids were.) I have never felt the same about his character. The same thing happened when Clay beat Gemma up. I can't stand it. When I see a character do that, that's it. I won't ever like them again.

I'm finally all caught up with this show and not sure how I feel about it, yet. There have been such great high - and equally low - moments. Just musing on the comments about the violence and for me, it's all dependent on the context. I was actually better (but not totally okay) with Jax laying into Ima because of the gun thing around his kids and such than I was with the cat fight this latest epi. That was pure manipulation and I guess I'm not feeling very charitable towards Tara, lately, so it made no sense to me. I understand the common feeling of "men don't hit women no matter what," but as someone who has worked in law enforcement for 25 years and received my share of blows for various actions, I can't help but feel it has to do with the situations you put yourself in. Not sure if that will make sense on any level.

On another note...am I the only one who thought Charlie Hunnan looked a lot hotter with the long hair? I don't usually care for that in men, but liked it on him. :-) And Tara...her hair looks a little nicer this season but I've always wondered why she has to constantly dress as a goth-emo biker chick, being a doctor and all. I'd be askeered of her, were I to go in to her clinic...

I was trying to catch up this weekend and it just dawned on me that I dislike so many of the characters, that I don't think it's enjoyable to watch anymore. I do like Jimmy Smits, but that's about it. I think I'll walk away and perhaps revisit the show later in the season.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post

On another note...am I the only one who thought Charlie Hunnan looked a lot hotter with the long hair? I don't usually care for that in men, but liked it on him. :-) And Tara...her hair looks a little nicer this season but I've always wondered why she has to constantly dress as a goth-emo biker chick, being a doctor and all. I'd be askeered of her, were I to go in to her clinic...

No, I too miss Hunnam's longer hair. But then again, I also liked his hair when it was in that really short buzz cut earlier on last season too, so I think I'm in the "I like it either long or short", camp. I just don't really care for it in-between length like it is now.

On an unrelated note: regarding the violence on this show, it's what I would expect from an outlaw biker gang. I'd be disappointed if Sutter took the easy road and watered it down.

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I don't mind the violence. The violence does not bother me in the least. That said, however, I did not like the fight with Tara/Carla/Gemma.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Ok... seeing Walton Goggins (Shane Vendrell from The Shield and Boyd Crowder from Justified) as Venus van Damme last night was hilarious! I'm a huge fan of Walt's and look forward to seeing more of him... and Venus... on SOA
    wannasee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Ok... seeing Walton Goggins (Shane Vendrell from The Shield and Boyd Crowder from Justified) as Venus van Damme last night was hilarious! I'm a huge fan of Walt's and look forward to seeing more of him... and Venus... on SOA
    I was lmao at those scenes with him. Highly entertaining. I sure hope they make his character a semi-regular at least. Tig's lustful reaction to him had me rolling.

And what was that in the cooler in that last scene with Jax? It looked like a piece of a finger and other piece of a body part but I couldn't tell what. And whose was it?

Oooooh... BSL... so sad... it was Emma Jean's breast
    Remember in the last episode when Nero's boys let her go... to the Sons... and they said they wanted to be sure the Sons "took care of her" (totally paraphrasing and probably badly) and wanted a finger and a breast as "proof". Of course, the language they used was a bit more, well, uhm... crude.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Oooooh... BSL... so sad... it was Emma Jean's breast
    Remember in the last episode when Nero's boys let her go... to the Sons... and they said they wanted to be sure the Sons "took care of her" (totally paraphrasing and probably badly) and wanted a finger and a breast as "proof". Of course, the language they used was a bit more, well, uhm... crude.
    That's right...totally forgot about Emma. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Sutter has most definitely been pulling out all the stops so far this season.

+ Reply to Thread