+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

Re: Sons of Anarchy

KAREN

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I finally made time to watch the season premier last night. WOW! I knew the boys would bring it but WOW it's been broughten LOL!!!
    Is it my imagination or has Charlie Hunnam (Jax) put on some weight? His face looks very round to me. Much more so than I ever recall it in the past.
    The other day I recorded Katey Sagal (Gemma) when she was on The Talk and one of the hosts asked her if there'd be any possible lovin between Gemma and Jimmy Smit's character this season. Katey replied along the lines of "well, obviously you didn't watch the episode last night" lol. Yeah, I would say she was totally right because that was right up there among the very first scenes!!! Yeah, what a way to introduce a character.
    I do not believe for one minute that Unser is dead... nor do I believe for one second that Opie is out.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I finally made time to watch the season premier last night. WOW! I knew the boys would bring it but WOW it's been broughten LOL!!!
    Is it my imagination or has Charlie Hunnam (Jax) put on some weight? His face looks very round to me. Much more so than I ever recall it in the past.
    The other day I recorded Katey Sagal (Gemma) when she was on The Talk and one of the hosts asked her if there'd be any possible lovin between Gemma and Jimmy Smit's character this season. Katey replied along the lines of "well, obviously you didn't watch the episode last night" lol. Yeah, I would say she was totally right because that was right up there among the very first scenes!!! Yeah, what a way to introduce a character.
    I do not believe for one minute that Unser is dead... nor do I believe for one second that Opie is out.
    I didn't notice anything different about him. I'd have to see him without his clothes on to be sure though

Only Jax can make Capital Murder and getting married in a brothel sound romantic and sexy.

I was a bit concerned when they announced Jimmy Smits for season 5, but I've enjoyed him so far. They haven't been over-using him, at least not in these first two episodes.

Love that Opie went to jail with the guys to stay close. I wonder where Otto is with his anger and need to avenge Luann and punish Bobby and SAMCRO.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Early in the episode I was thinking "Jax and Tara never got married" and then we got a wedding! LOL! Next time I'm going to put my powers to GOOD use and think "Jax hasn't shown his bare hiney in a while" and maybe we'll get a few shots! hahahahah

I loved how Opie punched the cop! My dh (who does not watch often) said "WTF is he doing???" and I go "Opie wants in!!!!!!" Poor Op is so damaged I love him though! When he told Lyla he didn't know if he loved anything... oh my heart just broke.

The scene with Clay and Unser in Gemma's house... the two old, banged up, broken, old men... oh I just had to laugh... it was sad but so funny at the same time.

Loving Jimmy Smits so far. During all the car chase scenes dh and I were identifying all the landmarks and where they were. Geeks? Yup, we are

A question... Clay said the home-invasion-guys stole his safe that had personal papers like birth certificates etc.... and then later didn't we see Frankie (or whatever Chuck Zito's character's name is) with the birth certificates and his guy with the safe? I may have to watch it again to be sure but that's what it looked like. If that's the case, then damn the new members are dirty?

Only two episodes in and I'm continually repeating "this is SUCH a good season!!"

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Oh God, the show hasn't aired yet, I just broke down and read a spoiler about who dies in tonight's episode. I'm practically in tears and I only read a recap. It makes total sense, but I'm still so sad. SOMEBODY - preferably Tig - had better kill Damon Pope before the end of the season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I seriously cannot believe they killed him off. He was one of my favorite characters. I hope Gemma pulls it together soon. She's going downhill very quickly. Funny how Clay is now the older guy with an oxygen tank just like Opie's dad was.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I loved Opie too, but his death makes the most sense of the four options. They can't kill Jax, Chibs didn't have anything to do with the Pope mess and Tig has so much more left in him as a character. Opie was sort of at his end. He'd separated himself from SAMCRO, lost his father and then he told Lyla that he didn't know if he loved anyone. I think he was on this path as soon as Donna was killed in season 1. With Piney gone too, I think Opie was kind of painted into a corner, story-wise, especially after he tried to kill Clay.

As much as I understand why they killed off Opie, it was still probably the hardest thing for me to watch of anything in the entire history of this show. I tried not to watch, but I couldn't turn away. I sat here practically sobbing. It was awful and so heartbreaking. I won't mind seeing karma (or Tig) catch up with Pope AND to seeing Jax avenge Opie's murder by killing that guard.

So, did Jax agree with Pope on Tig just to placate him or does he really plan on turning Tig over to Pope when he's done with him? Tig's definitely been the root of a helluva lot of trouble for SAMCRO. Still, Kim Coates is such a good actor that I still find myself liking Tig.

Just when I start to like Gemma (that beat down of Ashley Tisdale's character was epic), she does something scummy and sics Wendy on Tara. What was she thinking? Even if she's mad at Tara, how does giving Wendy any reason to try for custody again sound like a good idea?

I keep wondering when we'll see Otto again and if he'll be paying for informing on SAMCRO and causing all the RICO mess.

Critical, I did cry when they killed Opie!! I knew as soon as Pope said they were going to need a dead Son that it was going to be Opie. They did paint his character into a bit of a corner and as soon as his dad was murdered by Clay, that was the beginning of the end for Opie. My husband, step-daughter and I just sat stunned.....I don't even know what the actor's name is that played Opie, but he was absolutely heart wrenching.

I don't think Jax is going to turn on Tig....he did get Tig to swear his allegiance to Jax for the rest of his entire life. Yeah, Tig has a lot more story to tell.

Only what...two episodes in and already the body count and the blood is at an all time high on SOA. Keep wondering how in the world any of them could possibly hope to have any kind of "normal" life after all the violence. Even Tara is hard as nails now. It was good to see Drea Matteo back as Wendy, but I hope they don't think bringing her in is going to bust up Jax and Tara. And Gemma is very unlikeable to me now. I see absolutely NOTHING between her and Clay except total contempt, so different from the first two seasons when you did see real love between them. If these people don't get a slew of acting awards next time they're handed out, there is no justice. Just "wow!!"
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

OMG! That is all.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Johnny Lewis, the actor who played Half Sack in seasons 1 and 2 has died:
    'Sons of Anarchy' Actor Suspect in BIZARRE L.A. Double Death EXCLUSIVE

7:08 AM PT -- Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... cops believe Johnny was on drugs-- either PCP or meth -- at the time he allegedly killed a woman and then fell to his death.

Sources tell us ... after allegedly killing the 81-year-old woman, Johnny had fought with two men for 3 to 4 minutes ... hurting at least one of them

We're told Johnny initially used a 2x4 to attack the men ... and then used his bare hands.

Law enforcement sources say the men he fought with say Johnny showed "super-human strength" and was "phenomenally strong."

We're told Johnny tried to break into the house of one of the men ... and it took 3 people to hold him back.

One source tells TMZ ... Johnny had gone to a neighbor's home to introduce himself earlier in the day.

Neighbors tell us Johnny had lived in that house before, moved away, and then came back.

Neighbors who knew Johnny say he was a "nice guy."

Johnny Lewis -- who had big roles on "Sons of Anarchy," and "The O.C." and once dated Katy Perry -- was found dead yesterday ... and his body was discovered at the same L.A. property as an 81-year-old woman he's suspected of murdering ... TMZ has learned.

According to our law enforcement sources, 28-year-old Lewis was found in a driveway Wednesday morning in the Los Feliz neighborhood -- and the elderly woman who owned the home was found dead inside ... the victim of a homicide. Investigators say they believe Lewis beat the woman to death.

According to multiple reports, neighbors heard the 81-year-old woman screaming ... and then saw a young man outside her home attack 2 other people with a piece of wood ... before he climbed onto the roof and fell to his death.

Lewis was renting a room from the 81-year-old victim.

Law enforcement sources tell us Lewis is the sole suspect in the woman's murder, and they are not looking for other possible suspects.

Lewis dated Perry back in 2006 -- and attended numerous Hollywood events together.
    'Sons of Anarchy' Actor Johnny Lewis Dies -- Suspect in Bizarre L.A. Double Death | TMZ.com

Such a sad end for someone so young. I can't imagine what must have happened for his life to take such a tragic turn. It all sounds like something from SOA.

+ Reply to Thread