+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Sons of Anarchy

Sure speaks volumes about the "Season Finale Pt 2" that we haven't had much discussion about it.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I meant to post my thoughts but got sidetracked

I know a lot of fans were sorely disappointed with the finale, but I like it and thought it was very profound. I knew there was no way they were killing Clay off. I think Sutter tied up lose ends just enough to set up conflict for next season. I loved the ending with Jax and at the helm, and Tara standing there, then the picture morphs into JT and Gemma from twentysomething years ago. For me, personally, even thought I expected the season to end with guns blazing, quite honestely, with the season having already been filled with guns blazing, people getting blown up etc., to end the season with much of the same would have been a little redundant. In this regard I think Sutter's more subtle approach, choosing instead to focus on the change of leadership, leaving Clay powerless was more effective. This leaves me to wonder Clay's MO will be now that he's left with nothing. Then, too, it leaves me wondering what will become of Opie...will he throw his support behind Jax or will he go rogue?

The cartel part threw me off...wasnt expecting that at all. Nonetheless, not looking forward to nine whole months without the show...come on next September!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I'm bumping this because season 5 premieres tonight at 10 on FX!

I found this little primer about the show for viewers who are new to the show:
    'Sons of Anarchy' season 5 premiere | Inside TV | EW.com

Very excited for the new season, but I can't imagine how they'll redeem Clay....not that he was a sympathetic character before. I'm just happy Charlie Hunnam will be on my TV every week.
    Marlena_M and bee stung lips like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Oh God I have been waiting with baited breath all summer long for the new season of this show. Can't imagine what will happen with Clay on the outside of the club now. Maybe he' ll try to turn the rest of the club against Jax although give. Clay's dispicable behavior last season I can imagine how that would be possible. Im expecting some major conflict between Gemma and Tara this season though.

Can't wait to see what this season will bring....so excited!!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Praise the Lord. SOA returns tonight. I was so despondent over Breaking Bad ending and there being no new episode this past Sunday. I (im)patiently waited 2 days and am being rewarded with SOA.

I am so looking forward to catching up with my boys again!
    bee stung lips likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

So DH and I watched SOA tonight for the FIRST time ever.

I read up on it a bit and put on the close captions so I could figure out who's who.

We REALLLLLLY liked it.

Do you think DH and I need to go watch Season 1-4?

I had wiki's list of cast/character members on my iPad and tried keeping up.

Oh and I LOVED the article CRITICAL posted!!!!! That helped allot!!!!!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Do you think DH and I need to go watch Season 1-4?
    YES! Go watch the first 4 seasons NOW! The first three seasons are available streaming on Netflix, BTW

So yeah, HeLLOOOOOO, Jimmy Smits. Yeesh. That's one way to introduce a character. He still looks pretty good. Funny that his girlfriend is playing his co-worker (business partner?) on the show.

So happy to see Danny Trejo again. I just love him.

Tig broke my heart tonight. That scene kind of felt like it was for shock value (for the audience, I mean), but Kim Coates played the hell out of it. He just does not get enough acclaim. I think he's one of the best actors on the show. I wish we'd known Dawn better, so that death had been more "personal" for the viewers. Did we see her more than once or twice before this?

Damon Pope is one nasty piece of business. I hope it's Tig that takes him out....in a really slow and painful way.

Interesting all these shifts in the characters and how they're all turning into other characters. Clay is now Piney, Tara is Gemma and Jax is turning into JT. I refuse to believe that Opie won't be coming back.

Unser cannot be dead. He just can't. I'm trying to remember which one of those new recruits/nomads had a prosthetic leg. One of them did, right?

Can't believe how much I missed this show!
    momrek06 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    YES! Go watch the first 4 seasons NOW! The first three seasons are available streaming on Netflix, BTW

So yeah, HeLLOOOOOO, Jimmy Smits. Yeesh. That's one way to introduce a character. He still looks pretty good. Funny that his girlfriend is playing his co-worker (business partner?) on the show.

So happy to see Danny Trejo again. I just love him.

Tig broke my heart tonight. That scene kind of felt like it was for shock value (for the audience, I mean), but Kim Coates played the hell out of it. He just does not get enough acclaim. I think he's one of the best actors on the show. I wish we'd known Dawn better, so that death had been more "personal" for the viewers. Did we see her more than once or twice before this?

Damon Pope is one nasty piece of business. I hope it's Tig that takes him out....in a really slow and painful way.

Interesting all these shifts in the characters and how they're all turning into other characters. Clay is now Piney, Tara is Gemma and Jax is turning into JT. I refuse to believe that Opie won't be coming back.

Unser cannot be dead. He just can't. I'm trying to remember which one of those new recruits/nomads had a prosthetic leg. One of them did, right?

Can't believe how much I missed this show!
    Critical....agree that the premiere was AWESOME!!! I can't remember why SAMCRO or the recruits have a beef with Unser....Could you refresh my memory on that? Why would they go and start beating the crap out of him?? Thanks!
    momrek06 likes this.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

How did I miss this????????? I haven't seen anything showing the new season starting on FX. Does anyone know if it's ON Demand with Time Warner CAble yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG View Post
    Critical....agree that the premiere was AWESOME!!! I can't remember why SAMCRO or the recruits have a beef with Unser....Could you refresh my memory on that? Why would they go and start beating the crap out of him?? Thanks!
    I don't think there's a bunch of background there. Maybe Clay would have a beef with Unser because he and Gemma are close, but I doubt he had anything to do with that attack/home invasion. If it was one of the nomads, maybe they joined SAMCRO for other reasons.

I can't get that scene with Tig and Pope out of my head. Just gut-wrenching. I rarely cry when watching this show, but that totally got me. It wasn't because Dawn was a beloved character - it was because Kim Coates was just incredible. Nice interview with him on TVLine about the episode: ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 5 Premiere — Recap and Spoilers - TVLine
    momrek06 and bee stung lips like this.

+ Reply to Thread