+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

The Mentalist

OK, so The Mentalist premieres tomorrow night on CBS at 9, and personally I can't wait. Hooray for fall TV!

The show stars Simon Baker (swoon!) as this super-detective who uses the his wildly observant skills to solve crimes. I think it's going to be an interesting twist on crime dramas. I love shows that keep me keep me on my toes and this looks right up my alley.

Anyone else going to watch??

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Mentalist

I really don't need to add another crime show to my list, but I admit he is a real cutie--great grin--very tempting!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3202591;
    I really don't need to add another crime show to my list, but I admit he is a real cutie--great grin--very tempting!
    I don't need to add another any show to my list. I can hardly keep up with my DVR right now. However, this show sounds interesting and I think I am going to have to give it a try. I heard it described as a cross between Psych and House. Considering those are two of my favorites, I have to take a look.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3202593;
    I don't need to add another any show to my list. I can hardly keep up with my DVR right now. However, this show sounds interesting and I think I am going to have to give it a try. I heard it described as a cross between Psych and House. Considering those are two of my favorites, I have to take a look.
    Yeah, that would be a better description of my state as well....vcr tapes all over the place that I will watch "some day".... I loved the writers' strike--I actually got a little caught up.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I love Simon.. I have watched some really bad movies because he (and or Jared Leto) was in it.. and one where they were both in it (see Sunset Strip). The show looks decent to me, mostly bec ause he is in it and I like a show that makes you think.. but it looks likes a 'grown up' verson of Psych to me.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;3202532;
    The show stars Simon Baker (swoon!) as this super-detective who uses the his wildly observant skills to solve crimes. I think it's going to be an interesting twist on crime dramas. I love shows that keep me keep me on my toes and this looks right up my alley.

Anyone else going to watch??
    sounds like USA Networks Psych...but in a more serious dramatic way than the off the wall making fun goof ball shawn. i'll stick with psych...i already have too many crime/criminal dramas for me (psych. monk. ncis. csi:lv. csi:ny. criminal minds. numb3rs. chuck).
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

FORT Fanatic

i agree - sounds way too much like psych. i think i'll bypass.

The show's premise has been done before, I'll admit, but the thing this show has that others don't is Simon Baker. I'd watch him read the phone book for 3 hours. It's gotten good reviews, so based on that (and the fact that I lurve SB) I'll probably tune in.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I wasnt expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The opening few minutes were amazing! I never saw Psych, so i cant compare. I like how the mentalist kids and jokes around one minute then shows the sadness and angst he lives with down inside. At the end, when we see his living conditions, that was so sad......

I plan on watching tonight. It sounds good. I was thinking Dead Zone when I read the synopsis.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 1234567891011 ... LastLast