+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

Re: The Mentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3255159;
    I think you mean daughter, and yes - they knew he was obsessed with finding "red john" when he joined the team. That whole investigation was resolved in the pilot episode; then more recently they had the psychic give him some type of peaceful closure by reassuring him that his daughter did not experience fear before she was murdered as she had been asleep when "john" (played by Zeljko Ivanek House, True Blood) killed her.
    Thanks Mike'sgirl - that's the episode I missed.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3255725;
    Thanks Mike'sgirl - that's the episode I missed.
    My pleasure! For me, that was a scary episode, but I bet you can read the recap at CBS and watch a few clips. I don't know why they don't let you download and watch it for free - I've had to watch an episode of NCIS once or twice, but they don't seem to have an option of watching the Mentalist.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

In the beginning they had a few episodes online and then poof, they were gone and so was the option of watching full episodes of this show.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3255159;
    I think you mean daughter, and yes - they knew he was obsessed with finding "red john" when he joined the team. That whole investigation was resolved in the pilot episode; then more recently they had the psychic give him some type of peaceful closure by reassuring him that his daughter did not experience fear before she was murdered as she had been asleep when "john" (played by Zeljko Ivanek House, True Blood) killed her.
    My understanding was that the Ivanek character was a copycat "red john." I think the real "red john" has not been caught yet.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by pat the cat;3256244;
    My understanding was that the Ivanek character was a copycat "red john." I think the real "red john" has not been caught yet.
    same here. ivanek character was a psychologist or something in that episode and he did a background check on the CBI agents and Jane...and to throw the case off in a different direction (he was the killer and wanted them to focus on someone else) or just wanted to frame someone else for his crimes. but i guess he couldn't help himself and decided to add on by sending jane a letter "red john" style.

but yeah i believe...red john is still out there.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Simon figured out that the red smiley face was in the wrong place with the copy cat red john.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3256449;
    Simon figured out that the red smiley face was in the wrong place with the copy cat red john.
    I remembered that, and I had thought that Ivanek was the copycat red john - but when I went to imdb ..... they showed him as being Red John, and I believed it - I should know better than to trust that.

Thanks to all for clarifying!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I watched the show for the first time tonight, I really enjoyed it. I have always liked Simon Baker.
    One question...I looked the show up on IMDB and all the episodes have the word 'red' in it anyone know why?
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by rcurrytoo;3257149;
    One question...I looked the show up on IMDB and all the episodes have the word 'red' in it anyone know why?
    i'm assuming it has to do with "red john"...like that is how the whole team got together...the CBI agents with Jane because his family was murdered by "red john" so i guess this whole season will have "red" or until they catch "red john" and they might do away with it. like a theme i guess.

seriously though...i said i wasn't going to watch this show because it was to similar to Psych. but it's just all about baker. it's the only why i'm tuning in. damn his smile and eyes. really, i've figured out all the murderers half way through (except for one...tommy the mentally challenge who wasn't) so the cases weren't that exciting for me. its just him. i guess i have a crush on him and CBS should be happy i'm tuning in just for him and help make Mentalist the #1 show
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

I know what you are saying, he is just so darn charming. Storylines aren't that original. I wasn't planning to watch this show but after one episode he had me hooked. My favourite episode was the one in Vegas when he won all the money and bought gifts for everyone. So wish I could win as easily as he did.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread