+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

Re: The Mentalist

I found it quite fascinating how the mentalist canhypnotize someone so fast, without their knowledge, and have it work! The best scene in the last show.

IMO the best scene in the show was Sam playing Rock, Paper, Scissors with the Sheriff and beating him every time with a smirk on his face.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

The storyline wasn't the greatest, but I love the actor and the acting itself is pretty good. I'm going to give it another shot before I make judgement.

I watched again, too. Being redheaded for the victims should have been a big clue because the manager of the restaurant had red hair as well. Sigh. Also, they showed us the last victim at an outdoor table during the time when the undercover pair were seated at theirs. She was all alone. Clue. It was a nicely placed false lead with the over-zealous sheriff showing his concern for the agent, they had me going with that, I must admit.

There were some funny lines like his convo with the motel manager, and the one good distraction, but...I still haven't set it to my DVR and if it didn't follow NCIS probably wouldn't watch it. Simon Baker's smile is lovely, though.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3210278;
    IMO the best scene in the show was Sam playing Rock, Paper, Scissors with the Sheriff and beating him every time with a smirk on his face.
    I enjoyed that part as well, and the hypnotist part was cute. The storylines are weak but I find all of the characters charming so casting did a good job. Now if they could match the team with great writers I'd be sold on this show.

I am mostly watching right now because of Simon Baker (sigh)
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, if this show tanks, judging by this site, they definitely need to find Simon Baker another show! (And, yes, I"m on that bandwagon! )

Looking good so far!

Strong ratings for CBS; `Mentalist' looks like hit - Yahoo! News

Strong ratings for CBS; `Mentalist' looks like hit By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer
    Tue Oct 7, 6:08 PM ET

NEW YORK - CBS is looking good so far this TV season, easily winning last week in the prime-time ratings and perhaps minting a new hit in "The Mentalist."

About a man who solves crimes using acute powers of observation, the show was the third most-watched scripted series last week. The drama starring Simon Baker was helped by its Tuesday time slot after "NCIS," which has quietly grown into one of TV's biggest hits in its sixth season.

CBS dominated the competition last week, scoring 11 of the top 20 shows, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Several of the network's programs, including "How I Met Your Mother," "Criminal Minds" and "CSI: Miami," have started out this fall better than they did in 2007, according to an analysis by the Madison Avenue firm Magna.

"Whether this holds up remains to be seen, but CBS couldn't have asked for a much better start to the new season," said Steve Sternberg, executive vice president of audience analysis for Magna.

The news is not nearly so good at ABC and NBC, Sternberg said. Virtually all of their regular series are down from last year. Second-year series with momentum cut short by the writer's strike "Pushing Daisies," "Dirty Sexy Money" have suffered on ABC.

NBC heavily promoted a supposedly rejuvenated "Heroes" during the Olympics, yet it didn't work. The show ranked No. 25 last week with 9.5 million viewers, Nielsen said.

"Again, it's too early to say this will continue, but it's not a promising sign for either network," Sternberg said.

The most popular television event by far last week was the Palin-Biden vice presidential debate, which had more than 70 million viewers. No entertainment show, during the second week of a brand new season, topped 19 million viewers.

For the week, CBS averaged 11.1 million viewers (7.0 rating, 12 share) and also won among the 18-to-49-year-old demographic advertisers eagerly seek. ABC had 9.2 million (6.0, 10), NBC 7.8 million (5.0, 8), Fox 6.5 million (4.0, 6), the CW 2.4 million (1.6, 3), My Network TV 1.7 million (1.1, 2) and ION Television 470,000 (0.3, 1).

Among the Spanish-language networks, Univision dominated with 3.8 million viewers (1.9 rating, 3 share), Telemundo had 1.1 million (0.6, 1), TeleFutura 570,000 (0.3, 1) and Azteca 160,000 (0.1, 0).

NBC's "Nightly News" topped the evening newscasts with an average of 7.9 million viewers (5.5, 11), while ABC's "World News" was second with 7.8 million (5.3, 11). The "CBS Evening News" had 6.2 million viewers (4.2, 8), a 3 percent jump over its average this year, on the week Katie Couric had her much-discussed interview with Sarah Palin. However, the interview was a big presence on the Web.

Fox News Channel marked a milestone with 11.1 million viewers during the vice presidential debate Friday, the cable network's largest audience ever.

A ratings point represents 1,145,000 households, or 1 percent of the nation's estimated 114.5 million TV homes. The share is the percentage of in-use televisions tuned to a given show.

For the week of Sept. 29-Oct. 5, the top 10 shows, their networks and viewerships: "Dancing With the Stars," ABC, 18.88 million; "NCIS," CBS, 17.47 million; "60 Minutes," CBS, 16.65 million; "Desperate Housewives," ABC, 15.68 million; "Dancing With the Stars Results," ABC, 15.49 million; "The Mentalist," CBS, 15.48 million; "CSI: NY," CBS, 14.89 million; "Criminal Minds," CBS, 14.78 million; "CSI: Miami," CBS, 14.35 million; Sunday Night Football: Pittsburgh at Jacksonville, NBC, 14.21 million.

___

I happily read this morning that it's been given an order for an additional six episodes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Am I the only one still watching this? Last night's show was ok. I want to like this show so much!
    Count your blessings!

I'm still watching and I do like this show very much. It's doing quite well in the ratings.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread