+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

Re: The Mentalist

I'm a romantic too, but childish behavior turns me off. I am impressed when a man really acts like a man. And Jane is not really a timid person, so this weird, allusive behavior with Lisbon strikes me as odd and not very appealing.

His wife and child were Killed by Red John, for gosh sakes! Give him a break, Debb!
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    His wife and child were Killed by Red John, for gosh sakes! Give him a break, Debb!
    But how long ago has that been? He was doing just fine with the undercover lady in Spain, before he knew who she was. I think he's recovered.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ah, but that was a casual flirtation... Not serious as it would be with Lisbon.... A little vague on how long he was on the run before the FBI caught up with him....but long enough for Lisbon to settle into that small town sheriff job. I think we assume he only started "healing" really after he killed Red John...but it was definitely not yesterday... so you both have a point.

I remember when Castle and The Mentalist started, and I kept mixing them up--cute guy assisting attractive police officer with amusing assistants, etc., but look how much farther Castle has moved in terms of the relationship, even though they had their own version of RJ ...there was a wedding scheduled for this week on Castle, and Lisbon and Jane are still dancing around not admitting that they "like like" each other!
    Was Mentalist in danger of not being renewed this year? If not, I hope they have a planned end point within the next year, to get the two of them together. Beyond that it gets ridiculous. Of course on Castle he was always open about his attraction, but still they went through some "off" periods and misunderstandings where it seemed he'd moved on when she didn't reciprocate. Still, they got past them fairly quickly. Odd to say that Castle seems more "mature" than Jane!

I read a nice interview with Robin Tunney where she was asked about the international appeal of the show. She said, "It's obvious that Simon's hair translates to every language." She also said she thinks her dad has a male crush on Simon.

I guess Simon is a unisex heart-throb!

Here is a link to the interview:

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-tv/...214407255.html
    cablejockey, Florimel and Debb70 like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    There are so many of my favorite shows on Sunday nights. I set this show to record, but you are right, there are sports delays and I bet I didn't record the entire show due to that. Oh well, I'll have to catch it On Demand.

How was it last night? Did they wrap up that young girl organ transplant scheme case?
    I always set it to record for an extra hour that way if it does start late, I still get the full show.

I knew better. I should have recorded longer, but...I forgot.

Lately, I've picked up on Jane losing his American accent and a little Aussie coming through. He does that at times. It's just for a few lines, then he recovers. I love it!

He has the sexiest and most devilish smile. That's what gets me. And if he would use his regular accent, oh boy, that would be awesome!
    cablejockey likes this.

Well what do you know? Jane finally took my advice! The producers must have known what the fans were saying. The finale was really like a fairy tale. The only thing that bugged me is that Lisbon had to call her boyfriend and accept his proposal. Now she will have to call him back and say she changed her mind. She didn't seem bothered by it either. She told Jane, that he would understand. That's cold. I wish she would have not accepted that proposal. She knew it wasn't right. That's cold to do to a person. I don't iike that about her now.

So, I guess next season we see a love affair with them and possibly a wedding!
    PWS likes this.

I really enjoyed the finale. I was never completely sold on a Lisbon-Jane romantic pairing, and felt a lot like Cho did, but the acting in this episode definitely swayed me. It was just the perfect amount of Jane finally showing honesty and vulnerability. It will be interesting to see how they handle the relationship next season. And I loved how it was Abbott who had to explain everything to Cho!
    Florimel, PWS and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I thought Jane was HOT. The kissing was great, IMO. I wish they had shown more. Anyone know what else this guy has appeared in? I may be his number one fan!
    PWS and Eastcoastmom like this.

+ Reply to Thread