+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

Re: The Mentalist

There are so many of my favorite shows on Sunday nights. I set this show to record, but you are right, there are sports delays and I bet I didn't record the entire show due to that. Oh well, I'll have to catch it On Demand.

How was it last night? Did they wrap up that young girl organ transplant scheme case?

Yes, the organ transplant story is done. So, what we are left to worry over until next week: Will Lisbon go to DC, like she told her boyfriend she would? Or will Jane stop her???

Thanks. You know, I really wish that Jane and Lisbon could just be adults. Say how you feel and stop acting like teens. Yeah, you might get rejected, but so what. They are grown asp people. Just say, I think I love you and would like to make a life together. They have known each other for a long time. This cat and mouse stuff is way too old, IMO.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    The Mentalist has been renewed for a 7th season!

Now CBS just needs to put it back on Thursday nights. Being on Sunday nights is the kiss of death because of all the sports delays.
    I also really hope they eliminate or give a lot less time to FBI agent Kim Fischer. I have not been able to warm up to her at all, and she doesn't really DO anything. I find myself getting really annoyed whenever she is in a scene. I would prefer that screen time go to Jane, Lisbon, and Cho, or even Wylie.
    Punkin, Coco46 and Debb70 like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Casting that woman is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. She looks too much like Lisbon to create visual interest and she's boring too. They needed someone who looks much different than Lisbon and who acts very different. I'm not sure how that actress got cast in that role, but she must know somebody. VERY odd. There's been enough bad response from the public. I hope they get the message and get rid of her by next season.
    mushybrain and Coco46 like this.

I'm thinking that if the show had not been renewed, Lisbon might have gone to DC and Jane might have stayed with the FBI and gotten together with Kim Fisher to close out the story, With the renewal happening, I think Lisbon will stay where she is and she and Jane will find their way to each other. If she does goes to DC, it will be briefly and she'll find she doesn't like it and return, somewhat like Beckett did. Might even turn out that her DC agent boyfriend is not all he seems to be. I'm wildly speculating here and presuming they had two different scenarios prepared based on renewal.

I agree with all who think Kim Fisher needs to go. She was mildly interesting in episode 1 and really not convincing at all when her real purpose was revealed. I think they do need another female character, perhaps one with some comedic talent, maybe a trainee for Wiley or Cho, that will add another dimension to the cast.
    Punkin, PWS, mushybrain and 2 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Patrick is acting as if he knows she won't go...but then we have a preview where he's chasing after a plane no less... He needs to get his act together...Lisbon has basically said, give me a PERSONAL reason to stay. She waited through the whole Red John thing, and he even "used" her feelings at one point near the end of that to slip off alone, then she gave him his beach time alone to recover, now they are back together, and still nothing from him. He had a spouse and a child once, maybe she'd like that option, too.
    I agree, she could be even more overt, but the most she's gotten so far is him saying, sincerely, I want you to be happy. Is she supposed to say, what would make me happy would be for you to SAY you want to be more than my friend and colleague? I guess at this point she could, since she's got her exit set up if she doesn't get the answer she wants.
    I was a little put off by the DC boyfriend implying that he had to twist arms to get her seen over possibly more qualified people--not the way I'd want to get a job, and it didn't jibe with what the DC guy said very well. If she's just a spousal hire, as it were, I don't think she'll be happy. On the other hand, he certainly is Mr. Patience.
    Punkin likes this.

Jane is cute enough, that's for sure, but I don't know if his smart asp behavior would get on my nerves after awhile. I'd try a romance and see how it goes.

If he can't get real and just say what he's feeling, then I don't think I would be too interested. I don't buy it when a guy really wants you, but he won't do anything. Keeps it to himself, worships from afar, etc. IMO, if a man really wants a woman he goes after her. If if doesn't, then he doesn't.
    Moontat likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

As in that "He's just not that into you" book? You remember, the one where the author answered women's questions of the, why doesn't he call, is he mourning a lost love, too busy at work, what?" variety, with that line
    Moontat and Debb70 like this.

Well, Jane makes my heart go pitter-patter. So I want him and Lisbon to get together just like Beckett and Castle. Call me a crazy romantic......
    football_chick and Florimel like this.

+ Reply to Thread