+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

Re: The Mentalist

Last night was the return of new episodes. I'm not sure about the writing. OMG, they had some pretty bizarre things that made little sense.

The first thing that was so bizzare was how the show is half way over, before they even mention the fact their phones were bugged and that former team member was murdered. What was his name? Isn't something like that pretty big? Did I miss an episode that dealth with that? Wouldn't it make sense to start out with finding out that guy is dead and that your phone is bugged? That seems like a pretty dramatic and exciting show, but no, it's skipped over and described in a couple of sentences. Odd and disappointing. Please tell me if they had another episode that I missed that covered this content.

Then the guy goes to serve a search warrant on a large abandoned warehouse with no lights at night and just a flashlight. Please. He was the guy with the secret plastic container, right?

And the story about the murdered criminal defense attorney......there's not enough time to address the problems with that story. So many holes.....ah....

The biggest issue is how that FBI lady who was so smooth when she met Jane abroad undercover is now rather silly and inept at her job. What? And it still bothers me how much she and Lisbon look alike, same hair, tone to their voice, etc. What's the point of having two females leads that appear so similar?

What's wrong here?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I also had the feeling I missed a show...what are they talking about, I kept thinking. Also agree about Lisbon and her clone. I criticize shows that never have 2 women with the same hair color, as if we can only tell the actresses apart by their hair, but this goes to the other extreme. I'm sure there is a point there somewhere...about her becoming Patrick's "new Lisbon", only not, but I'm not sure what.
    On the plus side, nice to see Rigsby and Grace. Glad to know that someone will be looking after, or at least for, the dead guy's dog. That was sort of sweet that he thought of and worried about his dog as he died.

I think the writers took a nap and the clean up crew sneaked in and wrote that episode. The entire story of a criminal defense attorney going to track down a former criminal client from many years ago, to tell them they should turn themself in and go with them undetected to a secluded farm,.........it is so insane. It makes no sense. No criminal defense attorney would do anything like that.

Then the part where there's this big bus in the middle of the little market place and only two dressed up people get out, but no one connects them to each other, even though the woman runs after the bus when he pulls away like it has left her. And the paranoid leader follows Jane's word to the letter. What? Then it's topped off with Jane giving the agen a magic wand. I'm going to try to forget this episode. lol

Here's a great interview of 'Rigsby' who, along with 'Grace', will have their swan song on tonight's episode.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/mentalists-...180455493.html

Another thing that bothers me is the way they have set Jane up to work almost exclusively with the new FBI agent. (The one who hooked up with him in Spain while undercover.) Since they returned, they have no chemistry and their scenes bore me. She seems to have lost her skills as an agent and is now almost comical in her screw ups. Meanwhile, Janes's former partner, Lisbon, who has a lot of chemistry with Jane is off doing other things. It's such a waste. Are they hoping that she'll disappear and we won't notice?
    Florimel, mushybrain and Coco46 like this.

Wow! Watching this back to back The Good Wife turned me into quite the crier tonight. Fantastic episode!
    Punkin likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Yeah, it's a good thing I was watching and able to adjust my DVR. I caught the Good Wife since it aired late. OMG.

Ref. The Mentalist. Can anyone explain just why that guy and his sister were on a killing spree with government agents? I didn't understand. So, this is the guy who was so brilliant that he had bugged the entire FBI team's cell phones? And he killed a previous agent and the plastic container guy who went into the dark warehouse, and he tried to kill the couple in the home with their children and broke into the motel room and abducted the woman. Did he really have an alibi for the time the woman was abducted and was it his sister who did it? It was the sister's vehicle in the motel parking lot, right? I think the guy and his sister sure did seem rather backwards to carry off such a sophisticated operation. They seemed barely smart enough to tie their shoe laces, but are portrayed as top notch experts at electronics, surveillance and murder. Really?

I was happy to see Jane and Lisbon together at the end, but fear we are doomed to future scenes with the new girl and Jane. It's so annoying. There is no point to her character. It makes no sense. Why can't Lisbon have more camera time and let the other lady go?
    Last edited by Debb70; 03-24-2014 at 09:01 AM.

I thought it was a good episode, but also an extremely predictable one.

When William Mapother is a guest star, you know he's the one their after from the start. I didn't remember his character because he first appeared in two episodes during the Red John years when I had stopped watching. The first was in 2011 and the second in 2013. Although he's had a long career, I didn't know much about him until his appearance in Lost. For me he is at least as good an actor as his cousin, Tom Cruise, but not as conventionally handsome. so he developed as a character actor.

Also predictable was that the woman who picked Righetti up was going to trap her again. Still, it was a nice ending for the Grace and Wayne characters and a fitting one for Haibach.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I've been reading around and it seems other viewers also suspect that the man and sister who were killed may not be the ones that did all that killing. Maybe they jumped the gun and blamed them for all the murders and bugging, when it wasn't. I guess we have to assume they were right, unless it come up later.

The Mentalist has been renewed for a 7th season!

Now CBS just needs to put it back on Thursday nights. Being on Sunday nights is the kiss of death because of all the sports delays.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread