+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

Re: The Mentalist

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Poor Parker, I thought she & Cho would have been cool together. Did anyone else catch Jane's shout out to Leverage?
    I can't believe I missed that since I always look for things like that in the shows I love. What was the shout out, Razorbacker, if you don't mind.
    I thought Parker was one of the best characters on Leverage, and that is saying something; I hope she finds steady work on a good series soon. I think she'd be great on White Collar.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The blonde PI who bit the dust this week came on to Cho talking very much like Summer, the hooker/informant he was in love with before...acting ditsy like her as well. Do we assume that she'd researched his "type" before approaching him?

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I can't believe I missed that since I always look for things like that in the shows I love. What was the shout out, Razorbacker, if you don't mind.
    I thought Parker was one of the best characters on Leverage, and that is saying something; I hope she finds steady work on a good series soon. I think she'd be great on White Collar.
    At the end of the show when she was killed he asked her who did this to you. She replied that the killer had a tatoo on his shoulder. Then Lisbon asked him what he was told. He replied" He was told the killer had a tatoo on his left shoulder that contained 3 dots. And that is my Leverage!" Subtle but cool none the less.

Definitely subtle, and thank, Razorbacker.

I'll return the favor with a line from yesterday's Castle. The episode was based on Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. One of the suspects is a former criminal who has become a monk. Beckett says, "Castle, we have a "felonious monk." How she managed to deliver that throwaway line with a straight face is beyond me.

For anyone too young to remember, it was a reference to the great jazz pianist, Thelonius Monk.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Definitely subtle, and thank, Razorbacker.

I'll return the favor with a line from yesterday's Castle. The episode was based on Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. One of the suspects is a former criminal who has become a monk. Beckett says, "Castle, we have a "felonious monk." How she managed to deliver that throwaway line with a straight face is beyond me.

For anyone too young to remember, it was a reference to the great jazz pianist, Thelonius Monk.
    I got it and giggled... but of course this is the wrong thread for that...even though the two shows have so much in common they were on for months before I stopped mixing up which show Rigsby and Cho were on....
    Florimel likes this.

Ok, my cable said last night was the episode with the dot tattoos, but....the show that aired was the one with the PI. It wasn't a rerun for me. Weird.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fan

I had similar troubles. My guide said we were supposed to see the new episode (Fire & Brimstone, I think it was.) But they aired a rerun of the one from awhile ago with the guy running the gym in an effort to deter gang problems in Carson Springs. I was bummed as I was looking forward to a new episode.

I'm a night owl and I'm much more disturbed by having a new episode postponed by a week than I would be watching a program that started at 10pm. I'm usually watching tv in the wee hours anyway, but if not, I'd either dvr it or watch for it online or On Demand.

What guarantee is there that next week's NFL game won't go long anyway. Many of them do.
    JavaJo likes this.

I thought I was imagining things. I too, got a rerun. Perhaps they did it because of yet another interminably long football overrun.

Simon Baker has been appearing on several talk and interview shows in the past few days. I knew he was an Aussie, but I didn't know that he had come from such down to earth beginnings that he never admitted to his father, who was a butcher, that he wanted to be an actor. I also didn't know that he is very funny. His appearance on Jimmy Fallon's show was so entertaining. The third thing I didn't know is that he's been married for 22 years and has three children. He seems to be just a regular guy who is quite a good actor. I give him a few 's
    PWS and TripleGemini like this.

+ Reply to Thread