+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

Re: The Mentalist

Yea it will be interesting to see how his back story with Red John is uncovered... I kind of felt like the other agents knew? Because at the beginning when he was suspended, the one guy called him and told him because the agent KNEW that Patrick needed to be there.

Wasn't the last scene so chilling? When he goes home and goes to sleep, under the Red John calling card?

LOVED the show, already excited for next Tuesday!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I liked it. Yes, Simon Baker makes it worthwhile...but the first scenes where he pretty much prods the wife to shoot her husband was strange. It wasn't until later that we learned the truth did come out...but, in the meantime, I'm sure the wife was charged with murder.

This is a strange agency. I'm going to have to research to see if a California Bureau of Investigation even exits. And why would they take on what appeared to be a serial killer case rather than the FBI? Very strange.

So, they've set up an ongoing story line with a dark vein in Red John. I actually thought for a while that the doctor was the true Red John, especially when he talked about not being evil, but brought up killing Simon's wife and child. I know he read the books on criminal psychopathy, but how would he know about the wife and daughter - Simon didn't tell him. I think if I stay focused on Simon (okay - not hard) and let the rest kind of slide into procedural police drama, it won't bother me so much.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

Feels like a poor man's Pysch. I like how Pysch "zones" in when Sean notices something and clues us in on it. The Mentalist showed him looking at the pictures on the fridge then later at the books in the doctor's office, but how does that explain that the dead guy was gay? Also, by instigating the with to kill the husband, isn't he essentially an accomplice to murder? I'll give this a few more episodes, but so far, not impressed.

I thought the dead guy had a pedicure so he assumed he was gay.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I liked the premiere and the premise. I've never seen Psyche, so can't compare it. I am a fan of how they didn't focus in on what he saw, rather give the 'big picture' and let us see if we caught it too. Sure, we don't know things like Red John would have a chapter in that book, but in the beginning sequence it was interesting to look at the photos and see what we could get out of them before he told us.
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by teetoo;3204512;
    Feels like a poor man's Pysch. I like how Pysch "zones" in when Sean notices something and clues us in on it. The Mentalist showed him looking at the pictures on the fridge then later at the books in the doctor's office, but how does that explain that the dead guy was gay? Also, by instigating the with to kill the husband, isn't he essentially an accomplice to murder? I'll give this a few more episodes, but so far, not impressed.
    I felt the same way about not seeing what he's seeing. When he told the one woman, "You have coach's daughter written all over you." I wondered how he came to that conclusion. Although I enjoyed the show and will probably keep watching I do wish we could see how he comes to the conclusions that he does.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

FORT Fanatic

I really like this show. I'll be adding it to my "can't miss list".

FORT Fanatic

watched it. it was okay. its not a "must see" for me but more like "catch it if i can" deal. i just have too many criminal shows to deal with and don't want more.

and i'm sure the team knows his background with red john. he was already helping them before his family was killed and red john went after him because of how cocky and sure he was on that news/tv show thing he did. but it was sad that even though he should to everyone how happy go lucky and nothing phases him that he lives like that. i guess he left the bloody happy face as a reminder to himself of what happened and as a means to get him through life so he can get the killer. i think the team emphasizes and tolerates him because of what he does or did (the psychic for money/fame deal) before...well thats what i got or i thought was implied...

as for the zeroing on the clues like psych...it would help if they do it once in a while...to see how he does it. not everytime like shawn on psych...i think i saw some right in the beginning when he was watching the husband & wife media blitz...with him noticing some stuff. it was a different type of zeroing in not like psych's highlight deal but it's there. and he does explain some of it when he caught the DR but does it in a way different manner than shawns psychic ability where he's faking body takeovers.

but hot dammmmnnnn....he's so sexy....Simon Baker. that smile alone....whew!
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Where do I know the boss lady of their unit from? It's been driving me crazy since I watched it last night... right on the tip of my tongue.
    ETA - found it on wikipedia... The Craft.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 09-27-2008 at 10:01 AM.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3206470;
    Where do I know the boss lady of their unit from? It's been driving me crazy since I watched it last night... right on the tip of my tongue.
    ETA - found it on wikipedia... The Craft.
    Also she was Lincoln's girlfriend on Prison Break.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread