+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

Re: The Mentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    Red John went on longer than it should have IMO. I actually stopped watching entirely for first half of this season, until I heard that there would be resolution soon. So, I for one am very happy with the direction to finish off RJ. The show is so good, they didn't need that storyline dragging us back all the time to unresolved issues. Jane has some closure, and I wouldn't be surprised if he spends half of next season in custody. We've seen Jane work from prison before. Great season finale for me.
    I feel the same way about Red John. I felt like it should have and could have been wrapped up sooner. I think the ending was a little too simple for such a complex plot, but I am also very glad to have it end when it did!

Now I'm all kinds of concerned ... how are they gonna keep him out of prison when he shot him in front of a mall full of witnesses? Perhaps the insanity defense, but he did bring the weapon with him. He needs me on the jury, I say good riddance and thanks for taking a psycho out of this world.

What happened with La Rouche (don't know how to spell it!)? Was he not involved at all, since it turned out to be Grace's fiance?

You know we're gonna have to find out La Rouche's deep dark secret.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm guessing most people in the mall were not looking at two middle aged men chatting. From the videocam point of view, with no sound, you see RJ start to leave, then turn back towards Jane (with his gun), they clearly are looking at each other and then Jane shoots. If he's willing to lie he could say that RJ made it clear he was about to shoot Jane.
    I'm a little worried that this was not RJ, but someone who had been given all the info to convince Jane by RJ. There was nothing there that RJ could not have told his helper. I'm sure there will be a pause in the RJ stories, but there is still an opening through which they could resurrect RJ.
    I'm also a little puzzled as I thought we heard the guy Jane brought to the mall say more of the Blake poem at some point. Hmmm.
    I agree we had several hints that the FBI agent was not really all there for his fiancee. Certainly her ex detected it.
    One question, was Jane really going to tell Lisbon something (e.g., how he felt about her) or was that just friendly piffle to cover their movements while they snuck up on a bad guy? And she knew it?

Craig was on my radar ever since that shoot out they were all in and Rigsby had to come to Grace's defence. I wondered about the locket Craig gave Grace. I thought maybe it had some kind of tracking device in it.

What was not on my radar was the ending. I thought Red John was just going to walk away and we would have to suffer another year of them searching for him again. Wow who would have expected Patrick to be carrying a gun? He never did before. I thought it was so typically Patrick when he asked the girl for his check and just sat there waiting for the police to show up.

How they resolve this situation leaves an opening for some interesting opportunites on how they handle it next year.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by deedreamer View Post
    Craig was on my radar ever since that shoot out they were all in and Rigsby had to come to Grace's defence. I wondered about the locket Craig gave Grace. I thought maybe it had some kind of tracking device in it.
    We've been wondering for awhile about Grace's fiance. Even when they were saying it was the boss I just kept thinking it was Craig. MrCoz also said that necklace had either a tracking device, or it was a listening device. We were really surprised it wasn't either of those things. Did that part get left on the editing floor. We figured he told Grace it was his mother's so she'd be sure to keep it on.

I hope this is the ending of the Red John storyline. I'm tired of it. But what will they name the shows if they're not trying to fit some version of red into the name?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, now that he's dead I doubt she's going to keep on wearing it, so whatever its purpose it's been defeated. But yeah, that is a kind of odd dead end.... it would be great as a listening device if that were not really Red John whom Jane shot, but only if she wears it.

I thought it was strange he ripped it off her neck at the end. What was that all about? It just seemed like that was supposed to be going somewhere but it didn't.

Maybe he gave her the necklace to further cement their relationship and his commitment to him? To trick her even more into believing that he loved her.

As for the "red" titles....I wouldn't be surprised if a copycat arrived on the scene. Or other Red John lackies.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

REd John had a network of followers - Patrick may have taken off the head but there is still the rest of the organization.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I thought it was strange he ripped it off her neck at the end. What was that all about? It just seemed like that was supposed to be going somewhere but it didn't.
    Maybe it really was his mom's and he wanted it back??? I know, obviously supposed to mean something...not sure how we will find out next season since if they give it back to her she won't wear it, and just as likely it will stay with his "effects".

+ Reply to Thread