+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

Re: The Mentalist

Way to call it JavaJo!!!

I was VERY satisfied with this finale. I thought the "mystery" was interesting and liked watching them piece together the clues from the bomber to the cash place to hightower, etc. The look on Grace's face when she realized about her fiance was heartbreaking but I was in tears when Red John was describing Jane's wife and daughter to him. Great acting by Simon Baker in that last scene. I think he was totally justified.

And on that note, I think that the CBI will get him cleared. They'll come up with some workaround to get him off the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post

Who played Red John?
    That looked an awful lot like Bradley Whitford to me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

thanks - i knew the face, couldn't figure out the name.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Way to call it JavaJo!!!
    And on that note, I think that the CBI will get him cleared. They'll come up with some workaround to get him off the hook.
    This is kinda where the finale for CSI and The Mentalist are similar. Ray kills Nate Haskell – they’ll find a way to call it justifiable homicide and he’ll walk, just as they will with Jane.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I had no idea that it would end like this. I thought they would give Jane a look of his nemesis and continue tracking him down next season! But I liked this ending better.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    This is kinda where the finale for CSI and The Mentalist are similar. Ray kills Nate Haskell – they’ll find a way to call it justifiable homicide and he’ll walk, just as they will with Jane.
    That's exactly what I said to my husband. Only, they'll have a harder time fixing it for Jane.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Big question...how is Jane going to get out of this? He basically killed him in cold blood. Red John was walking away, wasn't threatening him in any way ......and that hard nosed boss probably isn't going to be congratulating him.
    Don't forget that Red John had that gun that he threatened Patrick with. And he didn't shoot him in the back. I think they will somehow turn it into a self-defense or justifiable homicide case.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Don't forget that Red John had that gun that he threatened Patrick with. And he didn't shoot him in the back. I think they will somehow turn it into a self-defense or justifiable homicide case.
    Hopefully....but it depends on if there were security camera's. Which is likely because it is an open area in a mall..

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I had no idea that it would end like this. I thought they would give Jane a look of his nemesis and continue tracking him down next season! But I liked this ending better.
    Red John went on longer than it should have IMO. I actually stopped watching entirely for first half of this season, until I heard that there would be resolution soon. So, I for one am very happy with the direction to finish off RJ. The show is so good, they didn't need that storyline dragging us back all the time to unresolved issues. Jane has some closure, and I wouldn't be surprised if he spends half of next season in custody. We've seen Jane work from prison before. Great season finale for me.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Plus, it leaves the door wide open for Jane to have a romance. Not right away, but he has closure. I do imagine that Red John had more than just Craig working for him, so they may spend some time uncovering the rest of his groupies. But I agree...this show is good. It doesn't need an on going storyline like RJ to carry it.

+ Reply to Thread