+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Mentalist

I agree, the voice sounded like that of a young woman more than a male killer who's been around for a few years.... But of course s/he could have had a voice altering thingie on under that mask. And the build was slight.

Interesting that we were talking about the lack of chemistry between Jane and Lisbon, and they introduced the psychic with whom he did seem to be having a very good time, up until RJ intruded.

So my thought throughout almost the entire show was that the psychic *is* Red John.

I also thought it was interesting that RJ didn't kill Jane or the kidnapped kid.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3910213;
    So my thought throughout almost the entire show was that the psychic *is* Red John.

I also thought it was interesting that RJ didn't kill Jane or the kidnapped kid.
    Interesting, that thought briefly crossed my mind but then I remembered, didn't Red John kill the secretary at CBI when she went to jail for killing the detective that always secretly loved Lisbon? Didn't she smile when she passed RJ? I think RJ delivered the poison that killed her as she was walking past the guards..... Jane was there, so wouldn't he have recognized the psychic then? Although she could have been disguised.

Also, haven't past episodes shown a blind woman that was in love with RJ and he would visit her? I don't know, but it would be a little strange if it turned out to be a woman after all that misleading. But, not beyond the realm of possibility.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I would really like to see them wrap the Red John story before too much longer rather than draw it out to the end of the series. They have plenty of interesting cases to handle with a very good ensemble cast. I'd enjoy seeing the case solved and Jayne beginning to recover and move on. JMO
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay;3909911;
    Ok so who watched last night? my theory is the psychic knows who Red John is, if its not her (the voice sounded kinda odd, like it could be disguised)And I didnt get to see clips from the next ep, was that the season finale?
    The voice to me sounded like that cop at the beginning of the show that wanted him out of the room so his men coulddo their thing.

Interesting, that thought briefly crossed my mind but then I remembered, didn't Red John kill the secretary at CBI when she went to jail for killing the detective that always secretly loved Lisbon? Didn't she smile when she passed RJ? I think RJ delivered the poison that killed her as she was walking past the guards..... Jane was there, so wouldn't he have recognized the psychic then? Although she could have been disguised.
    Oh, I'd forgotten that. She could have been disguised, I suppose, but we saw RJ's back during that episode and I think s/he was bigger than the psychic.

[QUICK]Also, haven't past episodes shown a blind woman that was in love with RJ and he would visit her? I don't know, but it would be a little strange if it turned out to be a woman after all that misleading. But, not beyond the realm of possibility. [/QUOTE]

Nope, you're right, I remember that now. I wasn't putting the same pieces together (obviously!)...thanks for reminding me :-) (But damn, I thought for sure...oh, well...hmmmm.)

Could be a copycat killer stepping in.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Wasn't RJ in prison at one time? Remember Jane went to talk to a prisoner that claimed he was RJ's cellmate? That's another reason RJ couldn't be the psychic lady, but that doesn't mean she isn't working with him.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jette66;3910585;
    Wasn't RJ in prison at one time? Remember Jane went to talk to a prisoner that claimed he was RJ's cellmate? That's another reason RJ couldn't be the psychic lady, but that doesn't mean she isn't working with him.
    Well, RJ does seem to be able to get the ladies to fall in love with him.

I would think someone like Patrick would never forget his voice, and would be able to identify him if he ever came close again. I'm thinking someone who would be expected in the jail area, when he stabbed the secretary.

Sooo, is the psychic lady dead or is she now working with RJ, or has she been all along? When is the start of the next season!?!?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread