+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

Re: The Mentalist

I did mean Sam Bosco - just couldn't remember his name. What I hate about them dropping the RJ s/l is that it was so prevalant in season 1 then handed over the Bosco in season 2 to only have that end in about 4 episodes (maybe less?).

What bothers me about the RJ/Bosco thing was that he planted the listening device in the office and nothing ever came of it. Most likely as this season starts wrapping up they'll bring RJ back to the forefront, they'll miss him by a hair again to go into season 3 as if he didn't exist.

I think PWS confuses Lisbon with Beckett from Castle sometimes- I know she's done it before, so that must be what she's referring to.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3835296;
    I did mean Sam Bosco - just couldn't remember his name. What I hate about them dropping the RJ s/l is that it was so prevalant in season 1 then handed over the Bosco in season 2 to only have that end in about 4 episodes (maybe less?).

What bothers me about the RJ/Bosco thing was that he planted the listening device in the office and nothing ever came of it. Most likely as this season starts wrapping up they'll bring RJ back to the forefront, they'll miss him by a hair again to go into season 3 as if he didn't exist.

I think PWS confuses Lisbon with Beckett from Castle sometimes- I know she's done it before, so that must be what she's referring to.
    Arrgh! Right you are. Am I the only one who thinks the shows are similar? I like them both, but the heroines are really blending for me.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3835296;

Well, after Bosco discovered it (the listening device), he was furious and wanted Jane's head..... Well, he wanted him thrown in jail because of it. Lisbon was the one to calm Bosco down, and negotiate/talk him out of prosecuting Jane, but he was hanging by a thread for awhile and was not allowed to even help with the case, but he solved it from jail anyway.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, I once again started to post about this show in the Castle thread...why am I the only one who mixes these shows up?
    Anyway, just wondering if others think that the new boss is not long for the show....not only are her decisions looking as if they will split up Lisbon and Jane, she looks as if she is planning to do something about Rigsby and Van Pelt working together. None of those things can happen, right?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3868993;
    Well, I once again started to post about this show in the Castle thread...why am I the only one who mixes these shows up?
    Anyway, just wondering if others think that the new boss is not long for the show....not only are her decisions looking as if they will split up Lisbon and Jane, she looks as if she is planning to do something about Rigsby and Van Pelt working together. None of those things can happen, right?
    I haven't watched that episode yet, but I will shortly. If what you describe really is happening, then I think that either she won't last long or that something will happend to change her attitude. The last character that tried to put Jane out of the picture ended up dead, after all.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

i kind of like the new boss. she's very perceptive.

i like the double threat (that she told both lisbon & jane the consequences). i think will add some more drama to it. telling lisbon that it's her ASS on the line and not jane's. very backwards but interesting as in will jane protect lisbon's job.

as for the rigsby & van pelt situation. i dont mind it at all but the scene at the motel room was a no no. off duty fine but not during hours, investigating a case. we'll see what the boss does with them. she's not friends with them unlike lisbon so she wouldn't care about their feelings.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bell;3869249;
    i kind of like the new boss. she's very perceptive.

i like the double threat (that she told both lisbon & jane the consequences). i think will add some more drama to it. telling lisbon that it's her ASS on the line and not jane's. very backwards but interesting as in will jane protect lisbon's job.

as for the rigsby & van pelt situation. i dont mind it at all but the scene at the motel room was a no no. off duty fine but not during hours, investigating a case. we'll see what the boss does with them. she's not friends with them unlike lisbon so she wouldn't care about their feelings.
    Yes, I agree, very perceptive of the boss to threaten Lisbon and not Jane...much more likely to make Jane behave. BUT since his kookiness is what makes the show if she really succeeded in squashing it, the show would be in trouble... so either she adjusts or she leaves, my prediction.
    Re Rigsby and Van Pelt...yeah, I agree, in real life this is just why they don't want to have partners dating... plus of course that you might be even MORE protective of your partner than usual and do something that would endanger others or an operation if you felt your partner were in danger. I don't see how they are going to resolve that one, I'd hate to see either actor leave the show.

Season Finale May 20

Click to see Spoiler:

A murder by a Red John copycat puts Patrick Jane's (Simon Baker) psychic friend Kristina Frye (guest star Leslie Hope) in grave danger when Frye reaches out to the real Red John, with dire consequences for both her and Jane.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Ok so who watched last night? my theory is the psychic knows who Red John is, if its not her (the voice sounded kinda odd, like it could be disguised)And I didnt get to see clips from the next ep, was that the season finale?
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay;3909911;
    Ok so who watched last night? my theory is the psychic knows who Red John is, if its not her (the voice sounded kinda odd, like it could be disguised)And I didnt get to see clips from the next ep, was that the season finale?
    The guide on my cable said it was indeed the finale. Red John sounds awfully young to me. Even with the disguised voice. And he/she is not very big, so it could be a woman.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread